Sponsored

GT350R vs EVERYTHING

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
I own a ZL1 1LE and it's a great track car but not for driving around on the streets. The suspension is super tight and uncomfortable with the bumpy roads in Omaha, NE. The 350 is a great all around car. On the track my ZL1 1LE does not pull on an R in the straights, but in the turns it is faster. The R did not look as planted in the turns, the rear end would get squirly and maybe it was the driver I was behind.
Could also have been the type or condition of the tires.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
One of those things - it's just subjective. The 500 is simply a monster. My thinking for this thread was comparing manual NA cars...as that's my real love, apparently ;)
Yea, but.... the 500 actually has a lot of finesse. Yes its a monster, but one that drives much like the 350. If it has to be NA, and it has to be a manual, then I get it. But I will say that the 500, once you get used to the differences, is a lot like the 350 but with a bit more capabilities.

My only bitch is the weight. 4000#. But I must say, it caries that weight well.

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
How about a Mach 1. It beat the GT350R around Lightning Lap, and the engine should be more reliable than the Voodoo. Randy Pobst did a YouTube track video of it and loved it.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
How about a Mach 1. It beat the GT350R around Lightning Lap, and the engine should be more reliable than the Voodoo. Randy Pobst did a YouTube track video of it and loved it.
first - that’s a downgrade.

second - let’s see how it really pans out. A test more than 5 years apart? Ok. Let’s see them on the same day.

Voodoo Blues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2017 Impreza
The GT350, R or not, is special in a way that puts a huge grin on any driver who cares to pay attention behind the wheel on a beautiful day. Financial investment worthiness, chick magnetism, precious carbon fiber, or what your boss thinks are non-condsiderations at 8000 rpm shifting between 3rd and 4th. Are you a driver?

Sponsored

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
My next car will most likely be a cobra or daytona that I build. I will keep my 350...and continue to daily drive it. I tell people all the time that if something happened that I had to replace it, the only thing I'm really truly interested in would be finding another one. It's just such an amazing all-around car. I smile and giggle everyday when I start it and drive it. I drive my wife's gt/cs when the roads are nasty or when it is below 35 or so....tires are consumables and I know to drive to conditions so I drive on them a little closer than I know they say to. I enjoy her car but it's definitely not the same, and I can't wait to get back into mine. But the difference between me and alot of people is I don't just buy a car on a whim or just because it's what is available... I research and plan and buy the car I want and love, and then I tend to keep it for as long is feasible...or longer. I just sold my 00 z/28 to a friend this summer. I bought it brand new on the showroom floor. After letting it just sit for most of the last 5 years, I finally let it go.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
The GT350, R or not, is special in a way that puts a huge grin on any driver who cares to pay attention behind the wheel on a beautiful day. Financial investment worthiness, chick magnetism, precious carbon fiber, or what your boss thinks are non-condsiderations at 8000 rpm shifting between 3rd and 4th. Are you a driver?
I experienced that joy for 2 days at VIR this past weekend. And I can assure you there was no one there who had a better weekend, who felt more rewarded than I did.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
My next car will most likely be a cobra or daytona that I build.
Nothing quite like it on a warm summer evening - here's the view from behind the wheel of my Factory Five.

Night Rider Main St July 2018.jpg

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing quite like it on a warm summer evening - here's the view from behind the wheel of my Factory Five.

Night Rider Main St July 2018.jpg
Nice! I've built a few for customers...with coyotes and irs!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
first - that’s a downgrade.

second - let’s see how it really pans out. A test more than 5 years apart? Ok. Let’s see them on the same day.
Not a downgrade when your engine goes boom.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Have fun with your Rs. I only paid 37k for my '16 GT PP which left a lot of budget for tires and suspension upgrades. I think I'm having my 13th and 14th sets of tires mounted tomorrow for this 2016 GT.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Have fun with your Rs. I only paid 37k for my '16 GT PP which left a lot of budget for tires and suspension upgrades. I think I'm having my 13th and 14th sets of tires mounted tomorrow for this 2016 GT.
You and your opinion do not belong here. What a troll thing to say.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not a downgrade when your engine goes boom.
Well that's not going to happen. It's an odd wish from a car enthusisast but whatever. I guess that's the only way you're going to catch one on the track.

This is too easy.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
It’s been a while since a fellow member has earned the coveted “Twat-Waffle” award…. But this guy earned it!

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
The ingenious phrase of "Twat Waffle©" is the sole proprietary ownership of nastang87xx and shall not be used without recognition to the original legal owner of the phrase

Last edited:

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
wow. I've only gone thru 10 sets in the 3 years I've had my car... How long have you had yours?
Sponsored