Sponsored

Gt350r vs gt3rs vs acr review

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Sexist???

Im merely pointing out the fact that it made it seem like she wasn't up to date with all the facts... 562hp... LOL. Now after looking at her bio I don't see anything that would qualify her to review cars besides the fact that she does some autocross and offroading. That would make the majority of us here qualified to be on the show. If anything, this would make Cnet sexist because it looks like she is the only female on staff, making me believe that the only reason she was hired was because she was female. Either way it was a JOKE!:focus:
I use Archer for all my serious points:p
Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Good video. I wouldn't expect the 350R to beat out the GT3RS or ACR. The impressive part is that it hangs with such impressive company.
Amen. It's worth reminding ourselves that our GT350Rs are based on $25K economy coupes with rear seats. That our cars are even compared to such track monsters is astounding and an incredible testament to Ford Performance.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Amen. It's worth reminding ourselves that our GT350Rs are based on $25K economy coupes with rear seats. That our cars are even compared to such track monsters is astounding and an incredible testament to Ford Performance.
Agreed! Like Motor Trend's drivers car of the year assessment, the steering feel seemed to be what held the GT350 back. And like the Motor Trend award, it seemed very close to taking first place based on overall bang for the buck. Not too shabby.:clap2:

The fact that it's so often compared to the likes of the GT3 and even the GT3RS, at a mere fraction of their price, is a win to me. :first:

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
That woman is clueless about cars and has zero passion - her insight shared was "this baby is fast and loud" - drop her they might have a decent show.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
That woman is clueless about cars and has zero passion - her insight shared was "this baby is fast and loud" - drop her they might have a decent show.
Agreed. Also, I'd like to know where to find an R in the $60k range. I think these reviewers should quote what you can actually expect to pay when they review cars. Sure, the car is a bargain at msrp, but just about no person has been able to acquire one for that.

Sponsored

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
On another episode she was there to vote on the exhaust of the C7 GS and the F-type R.

jai302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
The only reason that Porsche won is probably because the chick found it easier to drive. Both the Viper and Shelby have so much more character IMHO while the Porsche seems uninspiring to me. Given the choice I'd go for both snakes over that 911. It's not a question of affordability either I've got a $170k SL63 in the garage and I'm also a former Porsche owner so I've got nothing against the brand but I'm not paying close to 200k for a 6 cylinder car. The 570S is a much better choice at that price point IMHO. :)

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I finally watched the whole thing. Other than her saying 562 HP vs 526, I didn't think they were that far off.

Everyone knows the ACR is a one-trick pony. If you want a dedicated track car, the ACR is hard to beat. The problem is the ACR tries to kill you at every opportunity. It has a punishing ride and is not something you want to daily drive. The cost is about double the GT350R,

The Porsche is a great car. It's a great 200k car. My problem with it is no proper gearbox. I don't care how fast the PDK shifts. It takes the fun of driving away for me. The other thing about the Porsche, aside from it's high initial price, is the ongoing maintenance costs. My brother has a Porsche that has about 40k miles. His last service costs 3500.

The GT350 is not going to appeal to everyone and I agree with them that the steering being a little numb. Surprised they didn't mention the tramlining but looked like a pretty good surface they were running on. All and all, not a bad review in my opinion.

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
not a very hard launch on the gt350r vs viper drag race... woman must have been driving the gt350...

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Porsche seats don't recline and it only comes with a PDK. Also the infotainment system was the most dated. Driving enjoyment must have been low on their list of important criteria. I do think Porsche makes amazing cars, but you also have to make performance value a low priority if you want to choose Porsche as a winner.

The British reviewer was a complete Porsche fan boy, that's for sure. But then again, he is so tiny he looked like a child in the Mustang Recaros. No wonder he had trouble with the big boy Viper.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Am I the only one in the world who would be okay with street driving an ACR? Maybe I just like punishment.
It would be too much for me, but I'm not a young guy like you.

I still think this is an odd premise for a review. No offense to the GT350R or the Porsche, but if you just want an all out track tool, I'm not sure why anybody wouldn't pick the ACR Viper.

Last edited:

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I've never liked the chick that reviewed the 350R. She was on The Fastlane Car for a bit but those guys were never my cup of tea anyway. Really wish they would have just used Brian Cooley for this comparison. That being said the GT3 RS is an impeccable car. It just needs that manual transmission option to appease the purists. The Viper is a hell of a last hurrah for true American icon. It's amazing the times it can lay down at some of the circuits and be driven back home.....legally. And the 350R......pretty much perfection from Ford. And the fact it hangs with a group like this quite often in tests is a true testament to Ford.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You'd have to be pretty thick in the head.

Additional comment to all of you guys harping on the Porsche...you're kinda right according to my sources. I know a couple who owns a new GT3RS and they aren't so sure about it. They prefer their 2010 car over their 2016. They hate the rear steering.
Sponsored