GT350R vs EVERYTHING

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Actually the GTS is the nice point, a step above the S in a 911 and closer to the GT3. Plus get one with factory aero kit. I’ve had a 997.1 and 997.2 C4S, with Brombacher mods and numeric shifters and cables. The GTS comes with the factory power kit. When I retire I’m going to find a GTS4 with six speed and aero kit, get winter wheels and tires to drive it all year while the 350 sleeps in the winter. 911s make really good snow cars.
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I had a 2016 GT manual that I sold for stupid reasons. I loved that car. I swore that the GT350 would be next. I waited and waited for almost 3 years to buy one but was never able to. Got a 2021 BMW M340i instead. That car is really fast but guess what? I sold it in less than 2 months. Yes, the car was fast and a decent handler but I was missing something. The manual transmission, raw power wasn't there.

I have 3 deposits for a C8 at different dealerships but I am still stalking a GT350. Am I doing the right thing?

I haven't driven the C8 but got sold purely because of the looks. yes, the mid-engine is great but I care a rat's ass about engine location.
The GT350 engine revs higher and sounds better.
Interior in the C8 is better
GT350 is slower but I wish the C8 had a manual transmission with a high revving engine.
Yes, I am a confused duck.
Get your deposits back and find the car that's in your heart. The C8 is faster in a straight line but I have been told that the GT350 is more than competitive on track. I have done that too many times, bought a car that was just not quite what I wanted. I always sold them in the end

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Get your deposits back and find the car that's in your heart. The C8 is faster in a straight line but I have been told that the GT350 is more than competitive on track. I have done that too many times, bought a car that was just not quite what I wanted. I always sold them in the end

@Black Tim’s right. And you know it. You’ve been on the GT350 train for a while. Not to mention the manual transmission train. Both of these are things that are becoming ever more rare. Unless you’re actually racing, the driving experience is what matters most. And the GT350/350R is an absolute weapon in the right hands on the track.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I had a 2016 GT manual that I sold for stupid reasons. I loved that car. I swore that the GT350 would be next. I waited and waited for almost 3 years to buy one but was never able to. Got a 2021 BMW M340i instead. That car is really fast but guess what? I sold it in less than 2 months. Yes, the car was fast and a decent handler but I was missing something. The manual transmission, raw power wasn't there.

I have 3 deposits for a C8 at different dealerships but I am still stalking a GT350. Am I doing the right thing?

I haven't driven the C8 but got sold purely because of the looks. yes, the mid-engine is great but I care a rat's ass about engine location.
The GT350 engine revs higher and sounds better.
Interior in the C8 is better
GT350 is slower but I wish the C8 had a manual transmission with a high revving engine.
Yes, I am a confused duck.
I would seriously take a C8 for a test drive first. Corvettes and GT350/R's tend to feel pretty different in how they drive. You'll have to decide personally which you prefer, and I'm sure you could arrange a test drive at one of the dealers you have a deposit with.
Sponsored