Gt350r vs gt3rs vs acr review

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That chick does a lot of reviews. In a tiny way, I think she's sexy. Ok...
She did review the raptor recently...and she was going over some bumps...
She also reviewed the 14 gt500 in which she still has the x62 in her brain.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Good video. I wouldn't expect the 350R to beat out the GT3RS or ACR. The impressive part is that it hangs with such impressive company.

Looks like ADM's won't go away for 18 :doh:
Other than a couple of errors in the video with respect to quoting the wrong HP rating and mentioning that the R model did not come with AC when clearly this car namely "GR014" came with the Electronics Package I agree that it was a decent video.

Whoever was driving the R model on the acceleration comparison with the ACR had very poor reaction timing and will assume it was the young lady driving the R model.

Not that it would make much difference but I wonder why Ford seems to never provide a base 920A R model for these driving comparisons and if they do I must have just missed them.

Personally I am a 3 pedal enthusiast but after driving a 911 recently with the PDK I was quite impressed.

There is no question that the GT3RS is the best car of the trio but when dollars and cents come into play there is no question that the GT350R provides the best performance dollar and it isn't even close.

:cheers:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Not that it would make much difference but I wonder why Ford seems to never provide a base 920A R model for these driving comparisons and if they do I must have just missed them.
Because the reviews will always knock a couple of point back when the car is a base model. Not like 50-100lbs would make a difference in the mustang. The car is a pig compared to the other two.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That chick does a lot of reviews. In a tiny way, I think she's sexy.
Must...resist...urge...to call Julian Assange and have him hack the site and delete that comment. Too busy vomiting to dial right now.

:p

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Other than a couple of errors in the video with respect to quoting the wrong HP rating and mentioning that the R model did not come with AC when clearly this car namely "GR014" came with the Electronics Package I agree that it was a decent video.

Whoever was driving the R model on the acceleration comparison with the ACR had very poor reaction timing and will assume it was the young lady driving the R model.

Personally I am a 3 pedal enthusiast but after driving a 911 recently with the PDK I was quite impressed.

There is no question that the GT3RS is the best car of the trio but when dollars and cents come into play there is no question that the GT350R provides the best performance dollar and it isn't even close.

:cheers:
I don't know about this. When you get down to what people are actually paying for a GT350R compared to an ACR Viper, I don't think it is so clear cut. Definitely against the GT3RS though.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
When people are paying $90k+ for a GT350R, it definitely isnt close.
That is C7Z Territory or a Regular Viper, both of which are quicker than an R model.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I don't know about this. When you get down to what people are actually paying for a GT350R compared to an ACR Viper, I don't think it is so clear cut. Definitely against the GT3RS though.
Respect your comments but at $200K for the GT3RS I suggest that even with a reasonable ADM on an R model it is a much better buy than the Porsche with respect to bang for the buck with the ACR pretty much a one trick pony.

Not here to debate ADM's as that is a touchy and a no win discussion but through a lot of phone calls and hard work I was able to purchase HR019 at MSRP so there are some deals out there but the trick is to start early and make hundreds of calls.

Also long standing relationships help immensely when it comes to buying these elusive R models at a reasonable price.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Finally the GT350R is getting a shot at some fights. I remember when the Z28 first came out, they threw everything at it short of fighter jets. The GT350R, despite being superior? Nah, not so much.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
not a very hard launch on the gt350r vs viper drag race... woman must have been driving the gt350...
I thought the Viper had jumped, it was so bad that I thought there would be a re-run.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
When people are paying $90k+ for a GT350R, it definitely isnt close.
That is C7Z Territory or a Regular Viper, both of which are quicker than an R model.
After the Grand Sport came out, I wouldn't touch a Z06 with a 10 foot pole.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Must...resist...urge...to call Julian Assange and have him hack the site and delete that comment. Too busy vomiting to dial right now.

:p
Yeah someone definitely owes me a new laptop. And it wasn't from fap fap fap but yack yack yack. :cheers:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
After the Grand Sport came out, I wouldn't touch a Z06 with a 10 foot pole.
Agreed and with the Dodge Viper going the way of the Dodo Bird because of poor sales and lack of interest it makes the GT350R a very desirable option.

The fit and finish of the Viper has always been brutal which is one of the reasons that demand continued to decline over the years along with them not retaining their value once off the lot.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Respect your comments but at $200K for the GT3RS I suggest that even with a reasonable ADM on an R model it is a much better buy than the Porsche with respect to bang for the buck with the ACR pretty much a one trick pony.

Not here to debate ADM's as that is a touchy and a no win discussion but through a lot of phone calls and hard work I was able to purchase HR019 at MSRP so there are some deals out there but the trick is to start early and make hundreds of calls.

Also long standing relationships help immensely when it comes to buying these elusive R models at a reasonable price.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I agreed with you about the Porsche in my post.

Now with all do respects to your comments and also not wishing to start another ADM debate........you were one of a handful of people that were able to do that. Especially without other circumstances coming into play, such as your regular GT350 turning into a fireball or Ford appeasing somebody that had a lemon for a GT350.

From what I've read most R's are going for 80-90k. And I've read (obviously don't know for sure) that ACR Vipers are able to be bought for 110-120 average and sometimes less. If I was looking for a pure track day car I'd probably spend the extra 20-30k as I think it is worth it for that purpose. If I wanted some DD ability I would stick with a GT350R in this scenario.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I agreed with you about the Porsche in my post.

Now with all do respects to your comments and also not wishing to start another ADM debate........you were one of a handful of people that were able to do that. Especially without other circumstances coming into play, such as your regular GT350 turning into a fireball or Ford appeasing somebody that had a lemon for a GT350.

From what I've read most R's are going for 80-90k. And I've read (obviously don't know for sure) that ACR Vipers are able to be bought for 110-120 average and sometimes less. If I was looking for a pure track day car I'd probably spend the extra 20-30k as I think it is worth it for that purpose. If I wanted some DD ability I would stick with a GT350R in this scenario.
I think that you must have me mixed up with someone else as I have a 2015 GT350 and a 2017 R model both of which I had to negotiate an MSRP deal on each car.

As far as R's going for $80K and up obviously that is happening but there are also many deals at MSRP and around $5K but it takes a lot of work and obviously some luck.

Within the last few months I was able to negotiate a deal on HR013 for a cousin of mine at MSRP and also set up a deal for another friend on mine at $5K over on a 2017 R when I was up in Maine on vacation.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I think that you must have me mixed up with someone else as I have a 2015 GT350 and a 2017 R model both of which I had to negotiate an MSRP deal on each car.

As far as R's going for $80K and up obviously that is happening but there are also many deals at MSRP and around $5K but it takes a lot of work and obviously some luck.

Within the last few months I was able to negotiate a deal on HR013 for a cousin of mine at MSRP and also set up a deal for another friend on mine at $5K over on a 2017 R when I was up in Maine on vacation.
I don't have you mixed up with anybody else. I didn't say it happened to you, but others in regard to their regular GT350 issues and Ford giving them an R allocation at MSRP.

You must have the magic touch or like you said or a great relationship with somebody because most have tried and failed. I'm sorry, but I don't believe there are many deals for an R at MSRP or even 5k over. I've seen numerous people here put the work in only to have the rug pulled out from under them. Are they out there sure, but many? Maybe our definition of many is different? :shrug:

By the way, your cousin and friend owe you many :cheers:!
Sponsored