Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Have you guys even tried math? A good set of wheels and tires are going to be $8kish. that's the difference right there and you haven't even matched it yet.
Jeff you keep failing the math equation. How much did you pay over MSRP?
Sponsored

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Have you guys even tried math? A good set of wheels and tires are going to be $8kish. that's the difference right there and you haven't even matched it yet.
I've been out of the loop on the track stuff for a decade, but $1700 for a set of R compound tires (let's say Hoosier R7 in 295-30ZR19) mounted to the stock rims. Saves 3 lbs./wheel over the SC2, lowers the ride height by 0.2" and provides slightly shorter gearing compared with the R. Throw in camber plates, other suspension tweeks and track alignment...have you ever driven a car with R compound tires?

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
I've been out of the loop on the track stuff for a decade, but $1700 for a set of R compound tires (let's say Hoosier R7 in 295-30ZR19) mounted to the stock rims. Saves 3 lbs./wheel over the SC2, lowers the ride height by 0.2" and provides slightly shorter gearing compared with the R. Throw in camber plates, other suspension tweeks and track alignment...have you ever driven a car with R compound tires?
He has a R

Sponsored

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
The MSRP price difference between a base 2017 GT350 and a GT350R is $7500.00
That's enough parts to bet an R.
And if the adm is included in the equation that's even more of a price difference. An R will most always be more adm then an non R.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I can't give you a link. But I get a deep discount on forgelines. Thanks to Darren.

So you're basing your prices off a deal that likely very few can get? See what I did there? :)

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
The MSRP price difference between a base 2017 GT350 and a GT350R is $7500.00
That's enough parts to bet an R.
And if the adm is included in the equation that's even more of a price difference. An R will most always be more adm then an non R.
To me the wheels are mainly what I wanted. I was going to buy GA1r's and track tires for my track pack. Cost of those items for me justified the R. I found a base R with extra goodies for a steal of a price so it only made sense, especially since I needed new tires on the track pack. Oh and a new long block lol

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
So you're basing your prices off a deal that likely very few can get? See what I did there? :)
Yeah exactly as you did with the deal you got on your R

Sponsored

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
I think a lot of "R" owners on here are not being straight up about what they paid over for their "R".. not saying some of you didn't get MSRP, but there seems to be more fairy tale stories about how people paid MSRP than seem realistic. No one really wants to admit that they paid way over sticker for their car on a public forum!

I know an owner of a Ford Dealership, and he won't even give me a deal on one. Can it happen, sure. But there seems to be more people on here claiming MSRP deals than not.

Just an observation.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
I think some are misunderstanding me.
I'm not saying the R isn't worth it.
It's one hell of a deal no matter what in my honest opinion.
But at the time of my buying nobody in my area was allocated an R and the only dealer out of 6 in my area that was just allocated an R just sold one for north of 90k.
But if your comparing dollar per dollar including adm more can be had for less.
I know stock for stock the R is faster. And I know it'll take money in a track pack to hang with an R. But a non R for the price difference can be made faster for less or equal. It wouldn't make sense to "me" to modify a car as rare as an R.
I'm not worried about any loss of value to my car and I can always put it back to 100% original because every control arm, IRS cross member, front K member, exhaust etc has been replaced with new parts and I stored the originals.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
I think a lot of "R" owners on here are not being straight up about what they paid over for their "R".. not saying some of you didn't get MSRP, but there seems to be more fairy tale stories about how people paid MSRP than seem realistic. No one really wants to admit that they paid way over sticker for their car on a public forum!

I know an owner of a Ford Dealership, and he won't even give me a deal on one. Can it happen, sure. But there seems to be more people on here claiming MSRP deals than not.

Just an observation.
I some what agree with this.
I just asked a member on this thread what he paid over MSRP and I'm ignored like I asked his yearly income.
I have yet to see anyone get one at MSRP. Not saying it hasn't happened but it would sure be nice.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I am pretty sure those clearly stating MSRP are beinf truthful. I am picking up a 16 base R AG black roof with 2k miles. Extra rear front rotors and pads, custom car cover not oem, full car paint film and more. Guess how much?

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Some people paid MSRP, but did they get a good deal on their trade? I don't believe that negotiation alone would get a dealer to throw away $10K, or even $5k. If the dealer is your brother or something, or you buy cars from that dealer every year for your business - maybe I could see that. But no normal guy is just going to walk in off the street and get MSRP on an R.
Sponsored