Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Wow the testing shop miles reminds me of Ferris Buellers day off, parking garage dudes. As a journeyman watchmaker, I specialized in trouble shooting that other watchmakers had missed. I was trained by a Certified Master. I assure you that you just haven’t found the right guy yet . He’s out there and it’s all fixable. How you search for the right guy at a dealership within your driving distance will be your challenge. “ YOU CAN DO IT” . Your GT350 will love you back . anyone here know the right guy??
Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Wow the testing shop miles reminds me of Ferris Buellers day off, parking garage dudes. As a journeyman watchmaker, I specialized in trouble shooting that other watchmakers had missed. I was trained by a Certified Master. I assure you that you just haven’t found the right guy yet . He’s out there and it’s all fixable. How you search for the right guy at a dealership within your driving distance will be your challenge. “ YOU CAN DO IT” . Your GT350 will love you back . anyone here know the right guy??
I found a good dealer in Utah that replaced the clutch under the powertrain warranty when a couple other dealers said it was a wear item and with 30k miles, won't be covered. So they do exist. Sometimes you just need to be persistent and lucky.

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Any updates? Just hang in there and I am sure it will get resolved in a positive way.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Did they even check the tone ring nut? I doubt it. In my case, I told them to install the updated rear cylinder block plate or buy it back.
This is 1000% tone ring symptoms. If the dealership hasn't mentioned it, you need to get the car out of the hands of the incompetent fools. Easy, inexpensive fix.

OP
OP

Nick@VaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
SS 1LE
This is 1000% tone ring symptoms. If the dealership hasn't mentioned it, you need to get the car out of the hands of the incompetent fools. Easy, inexpensive fix.
I took the car to a new dealership and handed them to tone ring service memo. We shall see.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Nick@VaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
SS 1LE
The new diagnosis is in: the clutch switch. Going to replace that then continue the diagnosis…

OP
OP

Nick@VaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
SS 1LE
Funny thing happened yesterday, dealership mentioned they're getting a '22 Mach 1 in, I asked when/ how much, they said January but there's a 10k dealer mark-up. They want 69,999 for a Mach 1.... freaky times we live in.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Funny thing happened yesterday, dealership mentioned they're getting a '22 Mach 1 in, I asked when/ how much, they said January but there's a 10k dealer mark-up. They want 69,999 for a Mach 1.... freaky times we live in.
Disgusting...I love Mustangs and Ford trucks, but the dealers really drove me away. Personally, I won't buy another until they get it fixed

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Disgusting...I love Mustangs and Ford trucks, but the dealers really drove me away. Personally, I won't buy another until they get it fixed
Ditto, between trying to buy a GT500 and a Bronco, I'm done with Ford for the foreseeable future. It should never be a bunch of BS to buy a vehicle, ever.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Didn't at one time, Ford's CEO say he was going to crack down on dealer markups?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Didn't at one time, Ford's CEO say he was going to crack down on dealer markups?
Would just trade one problem for another. Dealers can't sell for more than someone will pay.

Pay more now vs waiting until production ends and getting your back-order canceled along with the zillion other people who wanted that many more of a model than a manufacturer can produce.

The best compromise might be to set MSRP close to what the market will bear but manufacturers aren't mind readers of populations and/or economies and would rather have customers blaming dealers for markups than the manufacturer if they keep adjusting MSRP to match prevailing best guess.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I thought about that same trade at one point. I ran into the same situation as you. Some idiot will pay it, with a recession looming and all.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Has anybody seen what other franchise dealerships are doing? It’s not just Ford guys, it’s an industry thing.
I sure am glad I’m not in the market for a vehicle right now.
Here is a link for new C8‘s for MSRP or under…..

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Has anybody seen what other franchise dealerships are doing? It’s not just Ford guys, it’s an industry thing.
I sure am glad I’m not in the market for a vehicle right now.
Here is a link for new C8‘s for MSRP or under…..
I am currently agonizing over which of two '23 Jeep Wrangler builds to order, either can be had under invoice. They are always popular, the only downside with them right now is lead time.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Nick@VaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
SS 1LE
Yeah this is my first Ford and I've gotta say, every dealership I've interacted with has been awful. Sales and Service both.
Sponsored