OP

Nick@VaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
SS 1LE
Am I understanding correctly? You blip the throttle for a down shift and instead of rev matching it almost dies.
itll blip, then when I let the clutch out the engine is silent for a second or two like it’s dead… then it comes back on.
Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
itll blip, then when I let the clutch out the engine is silent for a second or two like it’s dead… then it comes back on.
So when you let the clutch out, it’s in gear, right? But the engine is silent? I must be misunderstanding.

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
Sounds like you're waiting too long, wayyyyy to long to let the clutch out when reving

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch / 2017 GT350
Someone in VA needs to do op a favor and go test drive his car to verify it works properly.
Haha I actually live in Chesapeake which is right next door and have been following along. I'm dealing with my own issues with mine. Car is consuming oil at what I suspect to be more than 1 quart in about 350-400 miles and the dealer I took it to screwed up the oil consumption test process that I now have to start over again.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
In hindsight, this probably would've been the move. But, the issue didn't seem all that serious at first. More of a minor annoyance that I assumed was related to a malfunctioning sensor somewhere. If I had any indication this would become a multi-month sage I would've just turned around and handed them the keys.

Then again... isn't the point of doing business with Ford the benefit of Ford service being available near you?
Meh, You just bought it, and on the drive home even a minor issue in a vehicle that costly, I would have turned around and went back. This isn't buying a 1500.00 car that you might go, lets see if driving it so works out the kink.
Good luck, Just remember the dealership dealing with fixing it, is stuck in the middle, made nothing on the sale of the car, and wants to make sure any time spent on the car Someone is paying for. So Ford needs to approve the work first, then they do it, they find something, they again have to wait. Try to keep your cool with the dealer stuck in the middle.

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
I’m availabe to meet this week to compare cars if necessary. I’m west of you guys towards northern Suffolk.

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch / 2017 GT350
Any update on your situation? Have you gotten the car fixed? I'm going through a real battle with Cavalier Ford Chesapeake Square with my oil consumption issue and have been getting the runaround and got to wondering if your situation had gotten remedied yet? I'm very close to telling them I want my car back and I'm going somewhere else, I'm just so far down the rabbit hole at this point I don't want to start over.
Sponsored