OP

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
That’s incredible detail. Congratulations on getting your refund. I just had the XPel Ultimate PPF completed on my car. What are your plans for your next car ? Are you going to look forward another or switching to something else ? Best of luck to you.

Thanks Steve! Enjoy your beautiful car.

I'm taking some break from the category and will wait and see. For now I have a fun-to-drive car that can also be used for errands and taking the kids on trips. Despite what happened, I still love the GT350. None of the other cars in its category cut if for me for various reasons, such as looks, weight distribution, manual gear box, or sound. I may at one point buy a used GT350/R with an extended warranty. I hope that Ford brings back the GT350 for gen 7. I'm sure they learned a lot from the current gen and it would be interesting what the next iteration would bring.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
it would be interesting what the next iteration would bring.
I'll bet money it includes a conventional flat plane crank, if not a cross plane.
Ford trying to one up Ferrai once again.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The odds of the dealer giving the package to the new owner are maybe better than the owner happening to find you on the internet. Internet is a small world though and I've seen stranger things happen, I guess.

I'd either leave the kit with the car or at very least, place/hide a couple notes in the car for the new owner to be able to contact you. That could actually be a cool treasure/treat for the new owner.

OP
OP

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
If you buy a car with a lemon law title, are you able to get an extended warranty?

Good question. It does come with warranty, but not sure about extended warranty.

Sponsored

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Providing an update and an opportunity to get a potentially good deal on an almost new 2020 GT350 HEP.

It took more than 30 days from the time I towed it to the dealer to the time it was ready for pickup with a new engine, which is the threshold for Lemon Law in CA. I requested a buyback from Ford and they agreed. I surrendered the car and they paid me out-the-door price minus mileage as defined by CA Lemon law. Ford CSR and RAV have been very polite and professional, and my repurchase experience has been speedy and smooth. Kudos to Ford for that, and thanks again to @Cobra Jet for his information, which helped me throughout the process.

The last four digits of the VIN is 1348 and the chassis number is L0135 (@corrieb take note if you want to update your sheet). I believe the car would be resold as a buyback car with a Lemon title, most likely to a Ford dealer authorized to sell buybacks outside of CA. Aside from the title, I think it could be a very good deal if someone wants to hunt for it.

Here’s what’s going for it:
  1. 738 miles (at time of surrender). Most of them are freeway driving from a distant dealer and to/from the detail shop. Original tires are still in excellent shape.
  2. 24 days in my possession.
  3. Has a new replacement engine with less than 15 miles on it, by the mechanic.
  4. Received $3600 in paint protection, which includes:
    1. Full body paint correction
    2. XPel Ultimate Plus PPF on the front bumper, front side fenders, full hood, headlights, mirrors, rocker panels, lower part of the rear side panels, swing, and the trunk black panel. The side GT350 3D emblems were removed and reattached on top of the PPF for a clean, crisp look.
    3. Ceramic Pro Gold Package, which covers all the car, including the windshield, windows, wheels, plastic parts, and the PPF.
  5. 2020 Shelby GT350 Owner’s Supplement
Since it’s very unlikely the 2020 GT350 Owner’s Supplement will make it to the next owner going through two dealerships, I kept it and will ship it for free to the next owner. If you’re the next buyer of this vehicle, PM me with a copy of the bill of sale that shows the VIN, and provide the name of the dealership where you bought it, name of the salesperson, name of the finance manager, and your mailing address. I will call them to verify the sale and ship the supplement to you for free.

Here's the window sticker, which has the VIN and the options.

windowsticker1024_1.jpg

Chassis plate:

GT350HEP14.jpg

Here's the cause of the failure (dealer report):

GT350HEP12.jpg

Here's the new replacement service engine. They kept the original builder plate. I don’t think they shipped an engine built by that builder. This engine was most likely built by someone else.

GT350HEP13.jpg

The 2020 Shelby GT350 Owner's Supplement for the car.

GT350HEP15.jpg

GT350HEP16.jpg

The car after repair and surrender, ready for the next owner.

GT350HEP17.jpg

I bought a new car cover (FR3Z-19A412-F) for it that is brand new in box, not opened yet. I tried to return it to the Ford dealer but they said it was a special order and it cannot be returned. I will post it in the classified section of this forum and offer it for a good price.

https://accessories.ford.com/kit-11336.html
Thanks for the heads up and sad for your that this was so messy. That said, you seem to have handled it brilliantly. This will be a great car for someone who just wants to drive and enjoy.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Providing an update and an opportunity to get a potentially good deal on an almost new 2020 GT350 HEP.

It took more than 30 days from the time I towed it to the dealer to the time it was ready for pickup with a new engine, which is the threshold for Lemon Law in CA. I requested a buyback from Ford and they agreed. I surrendered the car and they paid me out-the-door price minus mileage as defined by CA Lemon law. Ford CSR and RAV have been very polite and professional, and my repurchase experience has been speedy and smooth. Kudos to Ford for that, and thanks again to @Cobra Jet for his information, which helped me throughout the process.

The last four digits of the VIN is 1348 and the chassis number is L0135 (@corrieb take note if you want to update your sheet). I believe the car would be resold as a buyback car with a Lemon title, most likely to a Ford dealer authorized to sell buybacks outside of CA. Aside from the title, I think it could be a very good deal if someone wants to hunt for it.

Here’s what’s going for it:
  1. 738 miles (at time of surrender). Most of them are freeway driving from a distant dealer and to/from the detail shop. Original tires are still in excellent shape.
  2. 24 days in my possession.
  3. Has a new replacement engine with less than 15 miles on it, by the mechanic.
  4. Received $3600 in paint protection, which includes:
    1. Full body paint correction
    2. XPel Ultimate Plus PPF on the front bumper, front side fenders, full hood, headlights, mirrors, rocker panels, lower part of the rear side panels, swing, and the trunk black panel. The side GT350 3D emblems were removed and reattached on top of the PPF for a clean, crisp look.
    3. Ceramic Pro Gold Package, which covers all the car, including the windshield, windows, wheels, plastic parts, and the PPF.
  5. 2020 Shelby GT350 Owner’s Supplement
Since it’s very unlikely the 2020 GT350 Owner’s Supplement will make it to the next owner going through two dealerships, I kept it and will ship it for free to the next owner. If you’re the next buyer of this vehicle, PM me with a copy of the bill of sale that shows the VIN, and provide the name of the dealership where you bought it, name of the salesperson, name of the finance manager, and your mailing address. I will call them to verify the sale and ship the supplement to you for free.

Here's the window sticker, which has the VIN and the options.

windowsticker1024_1.jpg

Chassis plate:

GT350HEP14.jpg

Here's the cause of the failure (dealer report):

GT350HEP12.jpg

Here's the new replacement service engine. They kept the original builder plate. I don’t think they shipped an engine built by that builder. This engine was most likely built by someone else.

GT350HEP13.jpg

The 2020 Shelby GT350 Owner's Supplement for the car.

GT350HEP15.jpg

GT350HEP16.jpg

The car after repair and surrender, ready for the next owner.

GT350HEP17.jpg

I bought a new car cover (FR3Z-19A412-F) for it that is brand new in box, not opened yet. I tried to return it to the Ford dealer but they said it was a special order and it cannot be returned. I will post it in the classified section of this forum and offer it for a good price.

https://accessories.ford.com/kit-11336.html
@mroad

It was unfortunate to have seen you didn’t have the best new car experience with the GT350 HEP. However on the positive side, I’m glad you were able to get through the Ford Buy Back ordeal and that some info here had helped you successfully get through the process.

The level of detail you have provided will surely help others (and the next possible owner) to understand what transpired with that vehicle.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and hope that your next vehicle purchase provides a much better experience.

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
You're lucky it took them long enough to exceed the lemon law rules. My dealer had my new engine in like 4 days, so I didn't meet the requirements. Chose to sell the car for a loss.

OP
OP

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
You're lucky it took them long enough to exceed the lemon law rules. My dealer had my new engine in like 4 days, so I didn't meet the requirements. Chose to sell the car for a loss.

Sorry to hear that Andrew. I had a loss as well ($4000 at least, $3600 in paint protection + $400 mileage fee per CA lemon law).
Sponsored