OP

Nick@VaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
SS 1LE
Well the new clutch switch was installed and fixed "some" of the problems - the dealership is excited the car starts every time now. Can't say I'm as excited with that progress. Diagnosis to continue tomorrow. Doesn't sound like they have actually started working on the problem that brought the car in in the first place - the misfire. At least they fixed something...
Sponsored

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Well the new clutch switch was installed and fixed "some" of the problems - the dealership is excited the car starts every time now. Can't say I'm as excited with that progress. Diagnosis to continue tomorrow. Doesn't sound like they have actually started working on the problem that brought the car in in the first place - the misfire. At least they fixed something...
Yeah, progress.

OP
OP

Nick@VaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
SS 1LE
Dealer seems to think the clutch switch fixed most the problems, but can't get cruise control to work and wants to do the tone-ring service bulletin repair now... unbelievable. Looking through my email I sent them the bulletin more than a month ago...

Parts won't be here until Saturday and they won't have time to work on anything until Monday so I guess I'll pick the car up for now. Will see if they actually fixed it in the meantime.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Your dealer sounds like a real prize. But donā€™t worry too much. In the end it will get fixed and you can move on to enjoying the car. Donā€™t let this experience sour you toward the car. Theyā€™re amazing.

OP
OP

Nick@VaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
SS 1LE
Your dealer sounds like a real prize. But donā€™t worry too much. In the end it will get fixed and you can move on to enjoying the car. Donā€™t let this experience sour you toward the car. Theyā€™re amazing.
Trying my best, this is actually the reason I want to pick the car up. I have regrets about buying it, but only when I'm not driving it (when its running well). When she's healthy the car is electric.

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trying my best, this is actually the reason I want to pick the car up. I have regrets about buying it, but only when I'm not driving it (when its running well). When she's healthy the car is electric.

I had a full year (including 8 track weekends) before going through a series of odd failures. Then they were fixed. And Iā€™ve done 3 more track weekends. Trust me, all is forgiven.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Didn't you just get it to the new dealer 2 weeks ago? I mean, it's no excuse - 2 weeks is a long time for "it's kinda fixed" but you said it's been over a month since oyu sent them the tone ring TSB - maybe it just seems that long because of this whole ordeal but it will get better.

Not to rub it in but I drove mine twice last week after a long rest and it was magical.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gonna roll mine out tonight!

OP
OP

Nick@VaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
SS 1LE
Yeah this dealer has had the car since October 14. Other dealer had the tone ring paperwork too. Should get to the tone ring Monday. Car still drives funny, but looking forward to seeing if the tone ring fixes it so I can see how she drives when she's healthy.

Do you guys feels like the car is kinda herky/jerky at light throttle? Or is that symptom? Trying to decerne the difference between a sensitive throttle pedal and a symptom of problem. Thanks.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you guys feels like the car is kinda herky/jerky at light throttle? Or is that symptom? Trying to decerne the difference between a sensitive throttle pedal and a symptom of problem. Thanks.
Nope. The drivability of my ā€˜19 GT350 is great. Throttle inputs are smooth and linear, not herky/jerky at all.

Two small caveats:

1. sport mode throttle mapping is more aggressive than normal and track

2. The OE throttle body was fine, but I replaced it with a Soler Performance model which has an even milder response at throttle tip-in. I did this to optimize for track work. It was always fine for street.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Nick@VaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
SS 1LE
Nope. The drivability of my ā€˜19 GT350 is great. Throttle inputs are smooth and linear, not herky/jerky at all.

Two small caveats:

1. sport mode throttle mapping is more aggressive than normal and track

2. The OE throttle body was fine, but I replaced it with a Soler Performance model which has an even milder response at throttle tip-in. I did this to optimize for track work. It was always fine for street.
Ok yeah my car bucks randomly while rolling slowly in 1st or second gear even when I'm delicate with the throttle... must be part of the problem. I find the throttle pedal very unpredictable. Without moving the pedal I get acceleration then deceleration in that herky jerky way.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not normal, unlessā€¦ are we talking about really slow speeds and really low RPM? Maybe:.. in that scenario it might be possible. Any chance youā€™re lugging it a bit?

still doesnā€™t sound normal to me

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Each and every time, maybe every few hundred miles, the jerky happenings fall on meā€¦.100% me.
I found on my 100+ mile ride home from the dealership, after buying my new GT350, this car loves to be driven hard. If you take it easy, youā€˜re more likely to have a jerky problem. The harder you push, the smoother it is.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Very light throttle, low RPM, rolling slowly... These are all foreign terms to me. Seriously, though - you might be driving the car this way in hopes of troubleshooting your issue but this is 100% opposite of how this engine wants to be driven and I could see some herky jerky feeling under those exact circumstances.

OP
OP

Nick@VaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
SS 1LE
Very light throttle, low RPM, rolling slowly... These are all foreign terms to me. Seriously, though - you might be driving the car this way in hopes of troubleshooting your issue but this is 100% opposite of how this engine wants to be driven and I could see some herky jerky feeling under those exact circumstances.
parking garageā€¦. Neighborhoodā€¦: trafficā€¦ ?
Sponsored