If You Could Do It Over Again

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I would have gotten 3.55 gears and no stripes. But, I can swap the gears and the stripes are vinyl, so no real issues. I don't know if having all the black body trim painted to match the body color was an option, but I definitely would have gone for it.
Sponsored

SoFla2016PP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6
If I had to do it all over again I would look for a 18+ GT A10 w/301a, PP, and active exhaust. This to me is the best bang for the buck setup.
same here over the 2016 M6. Running high 11s stock ftw.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I was late adopter of S550. Only really liked the 15-17 pp styling. The 18 pp1 a10 was a game changer for me for a value to dollar spent. Car is not perfect (occasional harsh rev match downshifts coming to stop in D, clicking front struts turning sharp, lousy base radio), but I would do same setup over again. Gen3 on E is a monster paired with the A10.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Jazzed about the car ordered. Would do it again .....?..... that would absolutely be a yes .

"owned a foxbody " comparing the S550, night & day.

LMAO "these S550's are really starting to grow on me"
Know exactly what that feels like. New Mustangs call your name every time they are seen.

The current S550 got my attention 3 - 4 years back.. The 2020 captured my attention, got me in line.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I got my EcoBoost last year and it's only now I'm really getting comfortable driving without constantly babying it. Love the 10-speed, how the car handles (I drive on the Sport steering mode every day), having active exhaust, and the low-RPM torque. That said...

If I had known before I got my car that I could've gotten 0% APR for six years despite my limited/short credit history, I would've gotten a GT with all of the options I got on my EcoBoost except the Black Accent Package (which I'll explain in a moment). So either 301A (black cloth) or 400A (ceramic leather), 10-speed, active exhaust, safe&smart+enhanced security, spare tire, and the default 18"s (for what I'd think would turn out to be a smoother ride than the 19"s that come with the Black Accent Package). Then, if I went with the 400A, add the B&O sound system and I think I'd be golden.

But for now, I'm happy with what I have. Hopefully after five years when I finish paying for my EcoBoost, I'll be back in the market for either a new S650 GT or a respectfully used 2018-2022 (whenever the last year will be) S550 GT. Or who knows? Maybe I'll be in the market for something else by then...:wink:

Sponsored

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Active exhaust I’m all for loud but I don’t want to sound like an extra for mad max all the time

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I would not change a thing and will be sad when the car is all used up.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I wished I would have shelled out the extra coins for the Shelby...

Please ignore the avatar... I stole it off the internet.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I would have made some different life choices that wouldn't have necessitated that I sell my 2016. I regret it every day. I hope to get back in a 2021 early next year though. Unless the price is just outright insane it will be a Mach 1.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Mine came with the 20” wheels for an additional $1,200. If I could have gotten the dealer to take them off and saved that $1,200 would have been great. They sucked. Heavy and road like crap.

Sponsored

Thors12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thorsten
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
First off I don’t think there is a must have package. All depends on your needs and desires. For me , I wanted a 5.0 pp1 convertible with a10, digital dash, magneride and performance exhaust. Plus I wanted it used to save some $$. Took me 4 months to find it and had to fly 500 miles to get it. But I got it with 3k miles on it for about 20k less than sticker.
take your time and find what you want. Rent one for a week to try out what you like. I am a huge fan of used since the depreciation is pretty high after 1 year.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Absolutely, in a heartbeat. Was looking for a boulevard cruiser and the California Special fits the bill perfectly. The nicest interior of any S550. All the little touches make it something just a little out of the ordinary.

Have the 401A and active exhaust. Wouldn't live without either one. Also have Safe & Smart. Turns out I really like the adaptive cruise. B&O is fine for the few times I actually listen to it.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Short answer (based on ownership so far--only 11,000 miles) yes I'd do it again. I have a "Premium" with 400A, A10 and 3.55 gears.

Off the top of my head, my only "regret" is that sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten the performance pack. But I don't really push the handling that hard so going without it did save me a few thousand dollars.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
would've gotten the PP1+Magneride and waited few more months for MY19 which had rev match. Also would have skipped the Shaker Pro. The other thing I regret is spending too much on mods lol

Last edited:

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I got a 2019 GT PP2 one year ago this week. It has the 401A package with active exhaust, digital dash, and magnaride. After putting stripes on it there is nothing else I really feel I need to do to it. It gets tracked a couple times a year and goes on spirited mountain road rides and I still have plenty of car to use so no need to upgrade. So if I had a regret its that I dont get to mod it any more than the few little things I've done like Steeda clutch spring and braided clutch line. Oh, and an H pipe.
Sponsored