Sponsored

One Month Later...would I do it all over again??

KArob486

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible (Ruby Red)
I've had the car for 3 weeks, and last week I drove it every day as my daily driver, plus several days before that. So far, I would absolutely buy this car again! And I wouldn't change a thing about the options/trim level that I chose! It pains me on days that I don't drive it...I walk by with my head down and try not to stare
Sponsored

Runamuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
A little over 1600 miles since taking delivery last mid-Nov. I took dealer stock and did not custom order, so there's a few things I would change. I would still purchase the GT, but upgrade to premium trim with auto. Magnetic or DIB would have been my preferences. I did not realize how much a PITA it was to keep a Black car clean.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
5 weeks in - 100% YES! No changes. And this in spite of a few quality issues that would have really annoyed me on any other car.
I'm changing my answer to "I don't know". The first round of quality issues didn't faze me, but now at 1600 miles, my A/C doesn't work. :frusty:

I love the car - no question about it, but if this is what I have to look forward to...not sure I would do it again. :tsk:

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I'm changing my answer to "I don't know". The first round of quality issues didn't faze me, but now at 1600 miles, my A/C doesn't work. :frusty:

I love the car - no question about it, but if this is what I have to look forward to...not sure I would do it again. :tsk:

AC in February??
I'm in Phoenix and I haven't touched the AC yet.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
AC in February??
As far as I know my AC doesn't work either. My warranty does, so I'd do it all over again.

Sponsored

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
AC in February??
Yup - it was in the 60's here last week, and it's nice to have a little cool, dry air on the way home after a workout. I sure didn't need it today though!!! Like someone else posted: "If you don't like the weather in NashVegas, just wait a few minutes..."

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
My AC didn't work a day after I purchased the car back in October. Apparently they pinched/tore a seal on an AC line during manufacturing. Ford had the car for a couple of hours and fixed it. I only got to use it for a week or so afterward before temperatures started dropping. Hopefully it still works when things start heating up around here.

**Edit**

I find a few issues here and there to be acceptable. Every time you purchase the first year of a revision you are essentially beta testing the car for the manufacturer. I know many people don't want to hear this after spending $36K+ but it's true. Wait to see what changes on the 2016 and 2017 model years after we put these things through the ringer.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Yes. Unfortunately that is the case even if no one wants to hear it. But still, thank you 2015 owners for being the first to "beta test" the S550! Your contributions are the greatest and will allow future mustang owners, myself included to make easier decisions for future Mustangs. That is quite awesome and you're all awesome for it! :D

On the bright side, you get to have the 50th anniversary cars so that's special. Since 1967 is my favorite body style, I'll wait until then probably.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
I chock it up to a what day of the week your car was built on. Monday, Wednesday, and friday cars tend to be more problematic. Monday: people are drained from the weekend. Wed: people wish the week was over. Fri: they are in a rush to leave. The only great production days are tues and thurs. Mine was built on a Tuesday.
Now you got me worryin'. My Blend date is Mon 2/23. Never thought I'd wish for a slip in the schedule! ;)

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Monday blend cars would actually be built on Thursday/Friday/Saturday.

Takes three days to build a car. By the old reckoning, every singe one of them is junk because people where having a bad day.

Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Almost 2.5 months and I would still do it all over again. No real regrets except perhaps that they would have done a better job on panel alignment. To me it is a matter of pride doing things right the first time.

elfiero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium, 401A, silver, ebony, A/T
Would we/I do it again? Ya, you betcha! There has been a couple minor league complaints, ex. heat shield buzzing sound, and the way the HVAC system delivers heat to the floor. But where the h_ll else are you gonna get navigation, 6spd A/T, RWD, 400+hp, and 400ftlbs of torque with heated and cooled "leather" seats for under 40k OTD? IMHO, "MPGs"&v8- shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence- but that's my personal problem.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Monday blend cars would actually be built on Thursday/Friday/Saturday.

Takes three days to build a car. By the old reckoning, every singe one of them is junk because people where having a bad day.
Are you speaking with specific knowledge of Ford Flat Rock assy line build time? Or just a generic 'car build time'? Someone elswhere her said it took a little over one day to build a Mustang. Just curious of your info source.

Whatever the time to build, I had the feeling that the blend date was when a Mustang started production. You're saying it would be the day it would be scheduled to complete.

It would be interesting to get other opinions on the time/days in production and if blend date is start or end of build. If you can share how you know your info, that is helpful.
Thanks.
PS. With regard to this topic, many of you guys may know Mr. Nicholson.
Personally I don't know Jack.:D

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I'm not a big believer in the "what day in the week the car was assembled" excuse. The time between the body being welded together, primed and painted and then drivetrain and interior installed is not done on one day. Now add in the fact they only stamp sheet metal and assemble cars at Flat Rock--they don't make any parts. Engines, transmissions and axles are made at other Ford plants. Engineers determine how a car goes together and the line workers just follow instructions--from what I have read there is a lot of pride working the Mustang line--I have a friend who works the Challenger/Charger line in Brampton and I asked him about Fridays for quality control and he told me if someone was causing QC issues every Friday they would be spoken to and a improvement plan made.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Great experience so far except for the brake squeal, which only bothers me once a day. I wouldn't change what I ordered; I have the best open road car I have ever had and the mileage (averaging about 22-23 by the calculator, not the wildly-optimistic computer) is just fine. I cringe a little at having given almost $40K for a car, but I get over it.
Sponsored