If You Could Change Anything......

Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
What would you have different on your Mustang? Before I go farther, I love my 2016. On balance, at an odometer reading of about 1,300, it is awesome and a great daily driver, and it has surpassed my expectations by a mile!
However...... I would change a few things, in no particular order:
1) First to Second gear shift, I still don't have that down yet. I know about the clutch assist spring-ectomy, but I will wait until somebody comes up with an aftermarket solution or an alternative to that.
2) The heated and cooled seats are pretty close to useless. The heated seats on our 2013 Fusion, by contrast, work so well that they almost eliminate the need to use the heater in the winter. Watching with interest the evolution of a technical service bulletin that hopes to cure this issue.
3) The base Shaker sound system in the 400A package doesn't sound clear. Hate to mention the Fusion again, but the Sony system in its Titanium trim is really very good. I guess Shaker had the lowest price proposal to beat out Sony and others in the bidding process to source audio systems on the S550's.
4) Not much storage space in the cabin, but LOVE the cool sunglasses storage slot.
5) The visibility in this car is fantastic, but the two sculpted lines running from front to back in the hood stick up so the driver is looking down an upside-down v-shaped curve on the hood. It may look good from outside, but it doesn't look good from the driver's perspective, IMO. I will give Ford the benefit of the doubt and assume that these somehow reduce the coefficient of drag. (Speaking of CD, Ford never went public with a value, did they?)
6) "Ground Speed"? Really?!?
7) Turn signals in the hood vents are boring. Driver can't even see the right side signal, because of the hood ridge noted in 5) above.
8) Nothing special about the steering wheel. (GT350 wheel swap should solve that problem, when they become available again.)
In summary, no car is perfect, but despite the little nitpicking above, I can't wait to get into my Mustang every morning, because it is such a great overall package.
What items would you have, not have, or do differently, if you were on the Ford design team?
All the Best,
Old Guard
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Ever tried to figure out where Mustang got its name from ? It's absolutely one of the coolest things in this car.
Yeah, I kind of dig on the historic design touches, especially the little details here and there that you might not even notice unless is looking close or pointing them out. Nice '65 BTW. :cheers:

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It says "ground speed" as a tribute to the original Mustang that was named after the Airplane.

Sponsored

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'd swap the locations of the radio control buttons on the steering wheel with the menu buttons for the in-dash display. I mainly drive with my left hand due to shifting gears and it would be more convenient to have the radio control buttons on that side.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I don't have as much complaints, I just wish the back lighting for the gauges could be a bit brighter, you could change the color of the needles, the PP wheels didn't weigh 30lbs and I can change the color of the non adjustable lighting inside the car from the blue to whatever I set Ambient too

Rest of the shit though is up to the aftermarket! :thumbsup:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
If I could change anything it would be:
1. clutch pedal feel
2. shift quality.
3. spare tire for the PP car (at least a donut)
4. bolt-on mufflers or tunable exhaust

Shift quality I have managed with the Blowfish bracket and letting the vehicle warm up.

I haven't removed the spring on the pedal. I would like to see Ford's take on it and/or empirical data for the long term.

It would have been cool to have a tunable exhaust, or at least have the mufflers bolt-on.

Panel alignment on mine isn't bad. I did turn the rubber bumpers a bit to fine tune heights or the hood and trunk.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
No doubt the steering wheel is lacking the proper sporty feel and size and look. It needs to be smaller with thicker padding and the thumb bolsters are not shaped properly. So many newer cars that aren't even in the real sporty or muscle car category like the Mustang have better designed steering wheels. I did the GT350 steering wheels swap and to be honest even that is lacking in many ways. Its still to big and it is only slightly thicker mostly at the bottom but the top is skinny looking and it just looks to plane.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Redesign the IRS cradle so it doesn't bounce around like water on a hot griddle.

Sponsored

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
Only a small handful of things:

Body panel alignment (mostly a QA/QC issue)
More options for the V6 model

Okay so not even a handful of nitpicks for me

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Just pull the spring. 2015 was not the first year for this contraption.

Thicker sheet metal on the trunk lid. Push down in the wrong place and you have a dent in it.

Move parking brake over to the right one more inch for us wide loads.

Better manual transmission.

Spare tire option for PP cars.

Louder exhaust from the factory.

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
Where is the SunGlasses storage spot you speak of?

DeltaMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
"If you could change" I did change and now my GT PP is perfect.

Exhaust - Installed MagnaFlow Catback Competition
Shifter - Installed MGW
Sponsored