Sponsored

Would you change you mind if you could reverse your Mustang Purchase?

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Heck man! Didn't think this would get so many replies, but thanks all! :like:

I got my theory confirmed, but I have to admit that there were more unhappy owners than I thought before posting.

I am really looking forward to picking up my own Mustang in a couple of weeks and finally be able to call myself a Mustang owner. Due to our Danish taxes it is quite an expensive adventure so with it being my first Mustang, it will probably also be my last.
This 19 gt is the latest of 3 I had a 65 which I hated a16 v6 with 355 gears which I loved and the 19 gt. I took what was on the lot which was a 10 speed non pp. I found that car was dangerous to drive with 18 inch pirrelli all seasons. I put on lmr 357 wheels with nitto nt05's steeda front and rear sway bars minimum drop springs strut tower brace and g track brace problem solved the car handles great if I switched to the sixbpiston brembo's I could probably track the car if I wanted. I love the car now and wouldn't trade it for anything
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That thread title
Thatā€™s exactly why I ordered my HPP with the six speed and the handling package. Dealers had a terrible selection, for me, here in Utah.

Yes ordering over force feeding is the only way to go. Patience is a much bigger virtue than most realize ............ no regrets

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This 19 gt is the latest of 3 I had a 65 which I hated a16 v6 with 355 gears which I loved and the 19 gt. I took what was on the lot which was a 10 speed non pp. I found that car was dangerous to drive with 18 inch pirrelli all seasons. I put on lmr 357 wheels with nitto nt05's steeda front and rear sway bars minimum drop springs strut tower brace and g track brace problem solved the car handles great if I switched to the sixbpiston brembo's I could probably track the car if I wanted. I love the car now and wouldn't trade it for anything

Well, hell yes 65 was nothing more than the Ford Falcon with a Mustang body awful car.

For a fact the stuck with me until about 2005. That car tickled my interest, the 2020 pushed, shoved me over the mountain .

Totally happy not to have missed out owning the Mustang, what a piece of work !

:thumbsup: .................:clap:

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
No regrets because I scratched an itch. Ford Mustang s550 has been the most unreliable car Iā€™ve owned.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
I was looking for a car that is fun to drive yet afFORDable compared to the expensive luxury brands and I found this in the Ford Mustang. I am ok with its flaws since I knew them before I bought it. For me no other cars in the same price level could deliver the same fun (V8s are a rarity here). Also having 7 years of warranty and mobility service on top made the decision very easy. I wouldn't want any other car: I use the Mustang as a weekend/nice weather feeling amplifier, not as daily. And I wanted to get one before it's too late, before the electric age is going to take off and these cars aren't made anymore.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yep and if Joe Biden and Kamala get in to office you can bet Obamaā€™s cash for clunkers program will be in full force. Their idea of a clunker will be cars like ours, powerfull gas guzzeling non electric cars.. of course that will take place after the cash for guns program is initiated & completed. Lol.

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yes and no. I love my car, don't get me wrong. But if I'd had the extra cash around for a Bullitt, that would've been my ultimate choice. As it is, I'm going to be adding a few thousand in parts over time to make my GT Bullitt-esque.

Sponsored

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
No regrets...Ive owned 12 or so BMWs (still own 2)( 3 counting my wifes) but my first American car as 17yr old in NZ was a 67 GT390 FB... Have had an American car in my life pretty much since then with various Camaros and Corvettes as my toy. Sold my extremely tidy C5 Vette early in the year to come full circle back to a Mustang and today, after I washed and dried it off on this hot summers day, I thought to myself, no regrets, love this car. Funnily enough, my wife asked me tonight which car I loved driving and its the Mustang hands down. Not the best handling, not the fastest even...but as an all rounder mood enhancer, perfect!

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
No regrets but I shouldā€™ve been patient. I started looking for a bullitt but bought a pp1 car in October. 300 miles and itā€™s in garage for winter. I shouldā€™ve ordered a Mach 1 Now Iā€™m trying to be patient and not buy wheels, springs, mgw etc so I can trade it for less of a loss next year on a Mach 1. Or do I just make this one mine and ride it out. Decisions...

KHecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
My 2015 Ecoboost Premium automatic was purchased as a budget sports car to handle the Atlanta area commute, where the left lane runs at 82Mph, with of course plenty of folks running faster, and dodging in and out. My commute went from 30 minutes to 25, with the 'Stang. I went with the automatic because when in stop and go traffic, clutching in and out for 25 minutes gets old.

The machine's handling and braking have saved a certain accident 3 times, from unexpected lane changes where folks did not see/check for clearance. Including one 18-wheeler. It can be pretty crazy during the height of rush hour, and also just before rush hour traffic sets in, where some drivers are running fast to beat the coming congestion.

I am averaging 26.4 miles per gallon on 93 premium fuel, tires and brakes have held up well. I got a very good deal on the purchase. 115,000 miles on it. I have had it up to 105Mph running with a group of speedsters, before I realized, and slowed down into the middle lane. No tickets yet.

There have been a few occasions when I would have liked a bit more torque/acceleration while merging into traffic that is running very fast. Not very often, but there have been times.

I have made a dozen 300 mile trips, and its been very comfortable for me. I run in snow/wet when raining or snowing, as the rear tires can break loose easily with acceleration.

Very happy with the car, and I love driving it! My commute went from a horrible experience to one of pleasure with this machine. Been thinking about a new 'Stang, considering the HPP Ecoboost, but have not pulled the trigger. Its my 4th best decision, after (in order), my wife, my career, my house/community.šŸ˜Ž

I have owned a 1964.5 'Stang, a Fiat Spyder, Mazda RX-7, RX-7 GSL-SE, and other sporty cars.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Reading some impulse buyers out here. Should of slept at the Hotel 6 or had a V8. (head slap)

Cheers
Sponsored