Sponsored

Would you change you mind if you could reverse your Mustang Purchase?

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I had a 2013 Mustang GT Brembo brake package with an automatic transmission. The wife thought it rode to hard. I thought it rode to soft, and I wanted better handling. I traded for a 2019 GT PP2, and of course it is a manual with magnaride.
If I had it to do over again, I MAY have gone with a PP1 with the A10 and magnaride, but that's water under the bridge, and I'm happy with what I have.
Sponsored

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
My GT Premium easily met expectations, still good w/purchase.

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Worse car Iā€™ve ever bought. Fragile and unreliable. Canā€™t trust it at all.

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Totally agree. Mine is still problematic. Poor quality.
Utter junk. I suspect maybe they use slave labourer to build them in a derelict factory as thatā€™s the only reasonable explanation for such poor quality. I certainly would never touch another ford product. The issues are now so numerous I am looking at what I can exchange it for with no additional outlay, and a 2 litre diesel Volvo is a more attractive ownership proposition than a 500bhp mustang.

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
Love my car. I'm a millennial at the old end of that spectrum, but I can see the writing on the wall in terms of gas powered vehicles, and manual transmissions. I've wanted one of these for a long time; the S550 is the most beautiful Mustang ever made except perhaps the original. I'm going to try to keep this car for the rest of my life. Mostly owned Ford trucks and still do, although recently I've switched to RAM trucks which seem to be nicer.

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
There is only one car I would have bought instead, the BMW 135is that I stupidly sold 3 years ago, but I can't find it, and there were only 500 coupes made and they are nearly as much as my Mustang is. That said, these V8 muscle cars are the last of a dying breed and I intend to keep mine forever.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I had the chance to do it all over again when my 18 GTPP got totaled. It was almost paid off, so I took the insurance settlement, and bought my Shelby. So, doing it all over again, I went for the upgrade... Absolutely love the car, and have no regrets. Vroom offer on my car is more than I paid for it by a few thousand, and I still wouldn't think of letting it go. That being said, I really loved my S197 that I had before, and my 93 Cobra, and my 2004 Lightning.... I will be adding one of those back into the stable once I'm done paying for this one, but I'm not going to get rid of it.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
After owning my GT for a year, I would say It's exceeding my expectations. Very happy with my purchase.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

If I could un-do my second Mustang purchase, I would. Color was too dark, and didn't care much for the A10.

2018Coupe.jpg

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Nope.
I had purchased a new C6 Corvette Grand Sport back in 2011. I figured by 2022 or so I would buy a new C8. Well as everyone knows the prices are, and have been ridiculous on those with no relief in sight. I'm not spending 6 figures on a weekend car.
And the new GT500s are a bit crazy as well. So when a new 2020 GT350 was delivered to my dealership 3 months ago I didn't hesitate making a deal on it.

NotQuiteAverageJoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Nope not one bit. Drove 6 different cars before deciding on my purchase and its not the every day mustang. Before the exhaust upgrade when I started it up it would put a smile on my face every day. Now it makes me giggle like a little girl half the time.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - It's a rainy day and I'm bored so I'll bore you all with some comments. Our Mustangs are not exactly inexpensive, but they're not Aston Martins either and we have to keep that in mind. They are assembly line produced in large numbers. Engine malfunctions and other mechanical shortcomings should be and hopefully are minimal percentage wise, but when you end up with one of those lemons, statistics offer little consolation. Other less critical issues such as minor paint flaws, uneven gaps in fender alignment etc, are just going to occur occasionally and can often be dealer corrected. An important aspect of this is the level of expectations we have. Expecting near perfection when buying a mass produced car is setting yourself up for disappointment. I wish this wasn't the case, but it is reality. There are also different levels of quality control success among the many manufacturers and that's another factor to evaluate. So, if you have a version of car perfection OCD, be prepared to be disappointed if you're buying a moderately priced mass produced automobile. Having regrets about buying a V8 vs. a 4 banger, a three pedal car vs. an automatic or paint color choice is a personal thing and part of life. I just wish you better luck in selecting your life partner. Happy Travels... Bruce

P.S. Thankfully, my wife to be didn't have high expectations when she accepted my marriage proposal.

Last edited:

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Every car out there has a certain part of the masses that have problems, big ones and little ones. My mustang is a great car, 31K on it now, it is perfectly good and I enjoy it. However, would I do it again, eh I probably would buy an Explorer ST instead. I think a truck like vehicle just works better for me. In saying that Iā€™m not selling it or trading it in. Ill keep it have fun on the weekends and keep driving the Tundra as my 250K mile DD.
Sponsored