If You Could Change Anything......

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I would really like a nicer looking gauge cluster, particularly one with a digital speedo. I get that they wanted to keep the retro gauges but with the plastichrome around them, they are awful. It is my single biggest gripe with the car.
Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Weight.........S550s are overweight and should be around 3300 lbs max
Ford and many of todays MFGs are full of crap when they talk about fuel
savings and then make 3800+ lb pony cars..Even the new camaro is lighter
than a GT...w t h !

Ain't never gonna happen. My AMC Javelin is around 3400 lbs without A/C, power seat, power windows, but an automatic transmission.

What is really hurting is the gov't regulations for crumple zones, crash bars, reinforcements and the thousands of miles of wiring to run all the electrics and computers and shtuff. 3,500-3,700 lbs is about the goal now for a mid-sized sporty car. Personally, I think Ford did OK, when you consider what these cars retail for.

If you want a lighter car, you're going to have to contact Mr. Peabody care of the Way Back Machine. Buy a car that pre-dates government crash regulations, bumper standards, safety belts, collapsible steering columns and flame retardant interiors.

The fact that these cars have the performance and fuel economy that they do weighing what they do is astonishing.

But yeah, "Ground Speed" irritates me. Why not include an "Air Speed" indicator just for good measure? How about an altimeter? Landing Gear? Flap Control? Mechanical Fuel Mixture control?

Personally, I would piss my pants if they labelled the fuel gauge "Oats". :lol:

Trent W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I love everything about the car. For the price you cant beat it. People complain about nit picky things but we didn't buy a High end luxury car, its a mass produced relatively cheap sports car and they did an AMAZING job!

I can only legitimately complain about one thing. The 2 small bolts inside of the fender holding the plastic tab on the front bumper. Why such a difficult location? Next to impossible to get off without removing the tire or fender plastic. its such an ordeal trying to pull the bumper off its ridiculous. come on ford engineer much?

If you manage to get them off without breaking the tabs is a feat. and a huge PITA. I really only complain about things when working on the car that try my patience. oil filter location is ok. cept they routed a wire harness underneath it that if isn't moved slightly and re zip tied the oil will drip on when removing the oil filter. I moved this myself so its not a problem anymore. some of that garbage drive me nuts but so far car is great.

MantisTaboggin1975

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Flip the seatbelts around like every other car so they are not twisted.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT

Sponsored

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Seatbelt flip is a little nutty.

I'd fix the head unit so that when the last thing I was playing was my Ipod in my USB 2 slot(in the console storage) it starts playing again upon next start up. I don't want a 911 assist warning every time I start the car.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
^^^Just goes to show you that everything you see/hear on TV is not necessarily accurate.
That's absolutely correct. This wasn't Evernham's or his show's opinion. This came from a designer of the Mustang. I saw and heard him say it. I'll get his name the next time the show runs.
By no means is this meant to be an argument. Just saying what the man said. Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
San Juan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
1. loose about 300 pounds.
2. drop the 3.7 and make the 2.3 eco the base engine.
3. Make the 2.7 nano the midrange engine.:headbang:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Enough with the bickering. This thread is still relevant, so if someone wants to post, so be it.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I love my GTPP. Only gripe would be less weight.

Mine is currently on a diet. It'll get much more aggressive when it's not my daily.

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Rattles

My 2016 GT now has 6000 miles on it, and the rattles and breaking plastic sounds that are coming from the dash are getting more and more annoying.

My only real issue.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
Every car I own has at least 2 standard capacity or one extended 22-33rnd mag in it's center console. Patrol car has two mags per door.

imo. I don't particularly plan on getting into a firefight but I'd much rather have my extra 17 rounder if shit goes south that just my 12er. I don't use the glasses holder though I keep a gym towel in the center console with my XD on top and a spare mag next to it
Sponsored