redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
steering wheel needs to be smaller i diameter, its too huge for a sporty car. Same with the steering ratio
You must have not had an s197 before this ha-ha. That steering wheel was even bigger.
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
If i were to change anything about my car...

I would get an auto. I forgot how much of a pain city driving and freeway traffic can be with a manual.

I would keep the stock seats instead of the Recaro's. Although i love my Recaro's, i want something just a little more comfortable for very long road trips (i plan to take quite a few long ones with this car)

I would get Navigation. Being new in a city and using a separate GPS unit with a large screen on my dash just seems odd.

other than that its pretty much perfect.

lostwon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z51 7 Speed
Suggestion Box Stuffers

Include wider wheels standard on the PP. Something like 10" Front and Rear. With 275 section tires F&R also.
With those changes, I don't feel stagger (F to R) would be as neccessary.
Consider the GT-350 front fenders for the PP if front clearance is a problem.

Make 3.31 and 3.55 ratios optional on with PP. The 3.73 (with the MT-82 gears) is a pain.

Fix the remote mounted shifter on the MT-82 or go to a Tremac with the PP.

Design in front camber adjustment (at the top mount of the front strut).

Include adjustable (NON-electronic) struts and shocks for the PP.

Include the stronger axles in the PP. Shouldn't have to pay extra 1K (!) to go drag racing....

Yes, I'd be happy to pay more for the PP; if it included some of the above.

Last edited:

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
steering wheel needs to be smaller i diameter, its too huge for a sporty car. Same with the steering ratio
Yes this...its way to big dam it! Even the GT350 is not doing it for me.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, definitely the manual trans for me (hated it in my '12 as well). I would much prefer a raised cowl hood vice the ugly ribs that run down it instead (just bring the cowl straight across those ribs instead like the '10-14 hood). Not a fan of the front bumper cover, I know a lot of people love it but I still think it's ugly on occasion (it has grown on me but I still like the '10-14 front end considerably better). Absolutely love the rear end though. Wheel offset! All season tires vice the summer tires (if I were still in CA I would be laughing at people posting something like this).

Would love to see the magnetorheological dampers as a PP option!

Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Hiney love!

"Absolutely love the rear end though." says Madweazl.

We can tell by your picture Madweazl that your a rear end fan.:eyebulge::cheers:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
You must have not had an s197 before this ha-ha. That steering wheel was even bigger.
my 14 IS350 F Sport has a smaller diameter steering wheel and thicker wheel, also has Variable Gear Ratio Steering which was awesome. Feels like I have to put in a lot of steering angle on the stang. In addition to a smaller diameter, it would be nice to be thicker also

OP
OP
Old Guard

Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
Original Poster here again. Thought of something else. The gauges that can be selected include OIL TEMPERATURE, but not OIL PRESSURE. I would prefer to be able to select an OIL PRESSURE gauge, instead of it simply "low" or "normal".

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
When listening to Pandora via bluetooth, the base radio play/pause symbology is backwards. It highlights play when it's a pause button, and highlights pause when it's a play button. I'd reverse that.

JasonBecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, MT
Only two things for me:
1. The thin sheet metal. I've definitely picked up a few dings that were barely touched.
2. The clutch pedal has to travel too far, and the engagement point is too high. I can't shift without lifting my entire left foot up. I'm 5'10" with size 11 shoes. Pretty average.

That said, the best part of my day is hearing the rumble of that 5.0 coming to life when I turn on the car. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
When listening to Pandora via bluetooth, the base radio play/pause symbology is backwards. It highlights play when it's a pause button, and highlights pause when it's a play button. I'd reverse that.
Don't think I've ever seen a device that is different.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Yes this...its way to big dam it! Even the GT350 is not doing it for me.
I actually wish that my steering wheel was 1/2 inch to an inch larger in diameter.

Going from 95 to 05 to 15, my 15's steering wheel annoys me slightly. It already seems tiny in comparison to the forward visibility which is blocked so much by the 2015 hood. Going from one to another on a daily basis, I definitely do not want the 2015 steering wheel any smaller than it already is.

I hope to get to sit in enolan's gt350 soon to see what the view from the driver's seat is like.

4Mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary AP Black
For me I would just change a couple things:

1. A Borla Exhaust from factory! This 2015 is way too quiet. I know the 5.0 is capable of better sounds because my 2014 sounds way better (its stock).

2. Less weight and mass. This car is huge, I really wish this car would cut half a foot in length.

3. It "feels" slow, I just don´t know why, I just can´t feel the speed in this car, even though it is a fast car.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
For me I would just change a couple things:
It's not huge I think your just not used to the long hood. You will get used to it. You can drop weight on the car. The "feel" is the added sound deadening on the 2015's.

coolcamden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT. Black. CS. 6A. 401A
Faster working rear defrsoter. My takes FORVER!
Sponsored