2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Did you get another EBM?
Sponsored

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
I'm 6 months in and am in love my EB, and don't plan on doing anything more too serious to it. Exhaust and maybe wheels. After my 3 year lease I'm hoping that I'll be in a place where I can afford a GT.

I love the EB, and have 0 regrets, but I really want the V8 sound and more HP. I just couldn't quite make it happen yet.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm 6 months in and am in love my EB, and don't plan on doing anything more too serious to it. Exhaust and maybe wheels. After my 3 year lease I'm hoping that I'll be in a place where I can afford a GT.

I love the EB, and have 0 regrets, but I really want the V8 sound and more HP. I just couldn't quite make it happen yet.
Welcome to the club brother.. Lol.

I didn't even consider a Lease.. I wonder if what would of been a better option for me?.. hmm..

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Did you get another EBM?
Yep, base package ecoboost, 6 speed manual, performance package...that's about all the car I can afford ;)

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
Welcome to the club brother.. Lol.

I didn't even consider a Lease.. I wonder if what would of been a better option for me?.. hmm..
Shame on your dealer for not giving you that option. My dad is my dealer and my last car was a 2013 Fusion. He knew I'd want to lease it so I could get the S550 when it came out, and then the plan was to lease this one too so I could hopefully buy a 2018 GT. It's been a plan in the works for a while now haha.

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be honest I wasn't even planning on getting this car when I did.. my Rolla started giving me issues and my friend had just bought his new Challenger so I decided to pass by this little dealer which I had no intentions of buying from ever, it's just that I wanted to test drive the car again and I had not visited this dealer yet Lol..

Stupid me did an impulse buy.. totally regret not getting exactly what I wanted which was a manual PP.. instead got an auto base with 19 inch wheel and stripe package.. but I really liked the way it looked and everyone in the EBM forum kept talking about how much better the auto is with the turbo + all the 0-60 guys hitting low 5's with the auto, diving into 4's with a tune.. best I've done is 6.2 Lol.

I do like the car tho.. it looks beautiful, it's fairly fun to drive and is easy in traffic plus I do enjoy the remote start.. but the induction noise and the BOV sounds can't compare to the coyote with a set of pipes Lol.

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
Of course I checked the cost.. that's why I got an Ecoboost not a GT.

To insure the GT it would of been double what I'm paying for the Ecoboost.. I'm currently paying $200 a month in insurance, the lowest quote I got for a GT was from Statefarm at about $415, the highest was Geico at $480+ That's more than what the friggin' car note would of been.

Funny enough, this Ecoboost is costing me almost double what it cost me to insure my old car which was a Toyota Corolla Lol.

I want to trade it in but I would still have to contend with the insurance. I'm going to keep this thing at least 3 years, pay down as much as possible (I'm already in the green, I put a sizable down) and hopefully 3 years from now my insurance will be reduced due to age and I can qualify for 0% on 72 months if Ford runs that promotion again Lol.
Holy crap dude. How old are you? Full coverage for my GT premium is like $120 a month with State Farm.

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Got 0% so yeah I would but I would buy a base gt vs a fully loaded ecoboost(but love my Eco for dd purposes)

But yeah I would look for different insurance. I pay 136 a month for 3 vehicles( mustang, tracker and my Harley's)

sstevens7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
yes I would and I would try a little harder next time to get the Recaro seats in my premium/PP ...man I want those

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
if I could do it again I would get a blower through the dealer, and 3.55s. then do whatever mods I was going to do

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Yes, I love my 16 GT Premium PP in Magnetic with Premier Redline interior that I ordered with NAV, 401a, ACC, and Reverse Park Assist. I traded in my 06 v6 Mustang with the Pony Pkg and upgraded interior after 9 trouble free years in January for a 15 Eco manual PP with 50th AP and same options as my GT. I had my Eco for 10 months and I really enjoyed it but Ford bought it back under FL Lemon Law. I hated the sound of the turbo and it had horrible panel issues that could not be fixed. When I won my Lemon Law claim I figured I would trade up because financially it made sense. I got all my car payments back and there was only a $3 a month increase to my monthly payments after applying all the money I got back from Ford to the GT purchase. My insurance went down $10 a month.

I absolutely love my GT and I enjoy driving it so much! Every time I look at my GT or get in it and drive I can't believe I actually own a GT Premium with all the bells and whistles! There's no comparison to the previous generation, the IRS makes it handle so much better and I make excuses to drive it as much as possible. I don't drive it enough because I work so many hours and so close to home. I have 1011 miles on it since taking delivery on Nov 13. As soon as it warms up I plan to take a road trip up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and other pretty mountain roads to put some well deserved miles on it!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If I had it to do all over again, I would have saved more money for mods. That's the only thing I would change.

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Holy crap dude. How old are you? Full coverage for my GT premium is like $120 a month with State Farm.
I pay like $98 bucks a month for car and renter's insurance.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I pay like $98 bucks a month for car and renter's insurance.

I pay like 60/month if I split my wife's and mine down the middle. I'm 30 no accidents and all tickets not counted anymore by insurance. 21st Century.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Steve44

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Yes, I love my 16 GT Premium PP in Magnetic with Premier Redline interior that I ordered with NAV, 401a, ACC, and Reverse Park Assist. I traded in my 06 v6 Mustang with the Pony Pkg and upgraded interior after 9 trouble free years in January for a 15 Eco manual PP with 50th AP and same options as my GT. I had my Eco for 10 months and I really enjoyed it but Ford bought it back under FL Lemon Law. I hated the sound of the turbo and it had horrible panel issues that could not be fixed. When I won my Lemon Law claim I figured I would trade up because financially it made sense. I got all my car payments back and there was only a $3 a month increase to my monthly payments after applying all the money I got back from Ford to the GT purchase. My insurance went down $10 a month.

I absolutely love my GT and I enjoy driving it so much! Every time I look at my GT or get in it and drive I can't believe I actually own a GT Premium with all the bells and whistles! There's no comparison to the previous generation, the IRS makes it handle so much better and I make excuses to drive it as much as possible. I don't drive it enough because I work so many hours and so close to home. I have 1011 miles on it since taking delivery on Nov 13. As soon as it warms up I plan to take a road trip up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and other pretty mountain roads to put some well deserved miles on it!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
Glad it worked out for you...I pretty much have the exact same car...absolutely love it!!!
Sponsored