Sponsored

If You Could Do It Over Again

PearlWhiteGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Foxbody Mustang
First off I just want to say thanks for having this great forum, I don't know anything about S550's but want to learn as much as I can prior to making a purchase. I've owned a foxbody for about the last 20 years and absolutely love them but these S550's are really starting to grow on me. I had been thinking of doing a coyote swap on my foxbody but once you start adding up all the cost it makes me second guess myself. So as of now my plans are to stick with what I have in the car and look at getting a S550 sometime in the near future.

So if you guys could do it all over again knowing what you know now would you have purchased the same thing or go for something different as far as a used or new one, lower or higher trim package, auto or manual, etc? I'm the type who looks for the best bang for the buck. I try to determine what are the must haves and what can I add later for a cheaper price. I like to mod it myself for the most part with just simple bolt on's. What are the must haves that you guys recommend or wish that you would have got when purchasing the car and what do you wish you would have passed on to later install yourself? My biggest debate is new or used, base model or one with more options and of course manual or auto. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I wouldn't order factory stripes if I had a do-over. Aftermarket is cheaper and a lot better options. I'm happy with all the other choices I made.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
New owner here and didn't do much research prior to purchase. Was a truck guy for 30 years and went back to a fun car. Was looking at the Infinity Red Sport and Mustangs. Got my premium GT new for what the Red Sport was used. The only thing I would have liked to have had would be the active exhaust.

boostmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS2, 2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 1998 E150
You will not regret getting a S550. Boosted is the best way to go. I have a 15 pp1 727 Roush and I think for me I would have liked the stock springs for the softer ride as I don`t track the car but all the safety equipment and how the car handles the power is well worth it. The looks are epic along with massive aftermarket parts. A 10 automatic car is faster at the strip than the manual 6 speed but the fun factor is better with the manual.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I did my research thoroughly, and knew exactly what I wanted. Finding that a local dealer had exactly what I wanted in 3 or 4 different colors was astounding. Especially at the price they sell at around here.

I would change nothing.

OP
OP

PearlWhiteGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Foxbody Mustang
Are there any other benefits of having active exhaust other than being able to change the sound? Does it only come on certain packages?

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The only reason I got mine was to be a track car, so my take may be a lot different than most. I went with the base GT, if I had to do it over again I would have at least got in at the PP level if not a full on GT350R. The amount of coin I have spent upgrading the GT to run with the others in my run group is pretty crazy, and most of the stuff is standard on the PP mustang.

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
The only thing I would change is not researching the dealer I went to first. Other than that, I'm perfectly happy. I had some ideas for mods when I bought it, but a year later,most of those haven't happened b/c I decided it didn't need them. I put the Steeda clutch spring in and that's it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Are there any other benefits of having active exhaust other than being able to change the sound? Does it only come on certain packages?
It's about your neighbors. You can tell the car what time to be quiet, and that's a real benefit if you have neighbors close by.

And when you're on a long drive, being able to tell the car to STFU is also a real benefit.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would have bought used for little to nothing (compared to what I have in it) and modded it.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
If I had to do it all over again I would look for a 18+ GT A10 w/301a, PP, and active exhaust. This to me is the best bang for the buck setup.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Since I like to track my car I would have waited and pushed to get a GT350. I might still try to make that happen or get the Mach1. Tough decision because I do like my car a lot so I might just slowly upgrade it to get it on par with the more track capable cars.

Bruiser2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS Convertible
I bought a 2020 California Special convertible a few weeks ago. IF I had it to do again I don't thik I would buy a CS again. I mean I like the package and still do but it's one of who knows how many velocity blue convertibles with a black top. I planned on making it mine with a Roush Scoop and maybe some stripes. What I didn't know is that they changed the hood from the 2017 model and the Roush scoop does not fit. That has kind of thrown my "personalization plan" to the curb. I thought about wheels and tires but I don't want to remove the CS wheels.

I think if I had it to redo, I'd still buy convertible but in a color that wasn't available with the CS package (the grabber lime or twister orange), super snake stripe it with some rocker stripes, install a set of 2012 Boss 302 wheels and be happy from there.

Love the 401a package, active exhaust is great, the 3.55 gears pull nicely, and the safe and smart package is great for long trips as is the amazing adaptive cruise control. The only option I have that is disappointing is the B&O stereo. It is very quiet--doesn't sound amplified at all.

-Bob

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd have saved for a lil bit & gotten a ZL1.
Sponsored