Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mikthehun1, you do know the guv'ment now allows us to make our own moonshine-now that we are stuck at home. As a bonus the 150 proof kills corona virus.

And yes my delivery 'shine truck is a stickshift. The A10 is just to elide revenuers.

OP
OP

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
You want some hairs to split? They don't use a clutch while racing. Takes all the fun out of it. I bet that's why none of you manual guys drive a racecar :cwl:.
A couple of cars that I raced had straight gears transmission and clutch was used only to start
1 was my 69 Mustang with a Jerico and the other one my Trans am Mustang with a narrow gear Hewland
And both those transmissions required a lot of skills, especially on the downshift not to grind gears

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
7M,6M,6M, DCT, AT, AT.....hmmm guess I go both ways. It's interesting that most who say they bought the A10 is because it is faster. It is, but being the fastest is probably a small percentage of the time the car is driven. I like them all for different reasons, other than which is faster or not.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
G

Good info, so 20% of drivers buy an automatic because they don’t know how to use a manual?
That may be generous. But, without better knowledge of the audience being polled, it's reasonable. You have to consider that people who prefer manual transmissions are much more likely to post in online automotive forums. That means a certain amount of extrapolation is required to arrive at reasonable estimates. I have been doing statistical analysis for a looong time. I think 20% may be a bit high, but it's reasonable.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
That may be generous. But, without better knowledge of the audience being polled, it's reasonable. You have to consider that people who prefer manual transmissions are much more likely to post in online automotive forums. That means a certain amount of extrapolation is required to arrive at reasonable estimates. I have been doing statistical analysis for a looong time. I think 20% may be a bit high, but it's reasonable.
I think he's just salty because he was arguing in that other thread trying to say that a tune made his 2017 as fast as a 2018 so this is really just him hating on A10s. In all reality his car is probably the first one he learned how to drive a manual transmission on. He certainly has the mentality of an inexperienced driver

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I saw an interview with Logano talking about it. If France and Helton let some of these changes happen, NASCAR is done.
SB, did you happen to watch a race before they stopped. Pretty clear that NASCAR is already done, they just haven't figured it out yet. And now with the Bubba Wallace and Kyle Larson situations their drivers cannot even stay out of trouble i-racing.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm gonna chime in since I'm a manual driver, but before my current car I had a DSG VW GTI, and I got an unbelievable amount of shit for it from the community, lmao. Even though it was factually better in every way, some people are just butthurt I guess. With the Mustang I actually really like how the MT82 feels, I enjoy notchy shifting for whatever reason. Not only that, but it's nice being able to tell the Coyote exactly what to do and listen to it on my terms. But the A10 is utterly ridiculous and way faster, and there's no shame in admitting it. Everyone should drive what brings them joy, and not get worked up about it.

I'll also mention that it's not hard to see the writing on the wall, eventually manual will be phased out from all "normal" cars. They may still make supercars or special editions with a manual, but it's already getting to be slim pickings. I'm of an extremely small minority that bought my manual car brand new instead of off the used market. And it was already hard to find, I think there were like 3 manual cars in Utah total when I was shopping.

Sponsored
OP
OP

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I think he's just salty because he was arguing in that other thread trying to say that a tune made his 2017 as fast as a 2018 so this is really just him hating on A10s. In all reality his car is probably the first one he learned how to drive a manual transmission on. He certainly has the mentality of an inexperienced driver
Darn, you are too smart, how did you figured it out?
I already had to change my clutch twice... it’s really tough to learn for the first time how to use a 3rd pedal.... very confusing...

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm gonna chime in since I'm a manual driver, but before my current car I had a DSG VW GTI, and I got an unbelievable amount of shit for it from the community, lmao. Even though it was factually better in every way, some people are just butthurt I guess. With the Mustang I actually really like how the MT82 feels, I enjoy notchy shifting for whatever reason. Not only that, but it's nice being able to tell the Coyote exactly what to do and listen to it on my terms. But the A10 is utterly ridiculous and way faster, and there's no shame in admitting it. Everyone should drive what brings them joy, and not get worked up about it.

I'll also mention that it's not hard to see the writing on the wall, eventually manual will be phased out from all "normal" cars. They may still make supercars or special editions with a manual, but it's already getting to be slim pickings. I'm of an extremely small minority that bought my manual car brand new instead of off the used market. And it was already hard to find, I think there were like 3 manual cars in Utah total when I was shopping.
i had a GTI DSG too back in 2008, it was a pretty decent transmission but i hated the low speed take offs. not smooth at all, but then again i had the first gen i believe

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darn, you are too smart, how did you figured it out?
I already had to change my clutch twice... it’s really tough to learn for the first time how to use a 3rd pedal.... very confusing...
i'm not wrong. you literally said your pp2 which is advertised as 19hp PEAK gain was as fast as a 2018+, and then started getting an attitude when people told you how wrong you were. then you turned around and made this thread for obvious reason and now you have the same attitude

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
i had a GTI DSG too back in 2008, it was a pretty decent transmission but i hated the low speed take offs. not smooth at all, but then again i had the first gen i believe
I've ridden in the first gen, they were pretty good for their time. Super fun cars. Mine was a 2017, and its street manners were perfect and the shifting speed was lightning fast. Great daily driver.

OP
OP

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
i'm not wrong. you literally said your pp2 which is advertised as 19hp PEAK gain was as fast as a 2018+, and then started getting an attitude when people told you how wrong you were. then you turned around and made this thread for obvious reason and now you have the same attitude
Dude, relax and don’t take things so seriously.....we are just having some fun and who care if you don’t know how to drive a stick!!!!
.....you know that it’s a joke... right?
Sponsored