Sponsored

Auto vs. Manual Mpg difference?

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
I can appreciate that some people like it, and I certainly wouldn't argue with their choice. I just can't understand WHY they like it. When I go there, all I see is a filthy crowded stinking cesspit, populated with people who would cut out their own tongue with a rusty spoon before they would look a stranger in the eye and say "good morning".

It is probably just me. I have lived in Seattle, San Francisco, LA, Houston, Atlanta, and Baltimore. Even a brief stint out on Long Island and working in Brooklyn. I have done the big city thing, and now I am perfectly happy to live in a town of 16,000 people - where kids can walk to school and people can forget to lock the car once in a while. Where I can open the windows for much of 3 seasons and smell fresh-cut grass and barbecues.

To each their own, I guess!

Cheers to that brotha! :cheers:

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
GT manual...I get about 17.5 combined city & highway. Pretty heavy right foot btw.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I can appreciate that some people like it, and I certainly wouldn't argue with their choice. I just can't understand WHY they like it. When I go there, all I see is a filthy crowded stinking cesspit, populated with people who would cut out their own tongue with a rusty spoon before they would look a stranger in the eye and say "good morning".

It is probably just me. I have lived in Seattle, San Francisco, LA, Houston, Atlanta, and Baltimore. Even a brief stint out on Long Island and working in Brooklyn. I have done the big city thing, and now I am perfectly happy to live in a town of 16,000 people - where kids can walk to school and people can forget to lock the car once in a while. Where I can open the windows for much of 3 seasons and smell fresh-cut grass and barbecues.

Since I live pretty much right down the road from you, I completely agree. My neighbors are my friends, we help each other out and watch our places when we are gone. My kids play outside on our 4.5 acres, and with the protection of our dogs and nearby friends, I have no fear for their safety. Would not go back to living in a larger city, even though I drive to one to make my living.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

Congrats on surviving Baltimore. I grew up in Bowie and use to go to Baltimore all the time for the bars/clubs. That place is hell on earth and if you can survive living in Baltimore you can survive anywhere. :D

BTW I agree with NYC. I have no clue wtf people see in that place. Personally DC/NOVA where I live is getting as bad as NYC with people and their attitudes and everyone being in general just such piss poor mean.

I'd prefer SDG and anywhere in the midwest/south.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Congrats on surviving Baltimore. I grew up in Bowie and use to go to Baltimore all the time for the bars/clubs. That place is hell on earth and if you can survive living in Baltimore you can survive anywhere. :D

BTW I agree with NYC. I have no clue wtf people see in that place. Personally DC/NOVA where I live is getting as bad as NYC with people and their attitudes and everyone being in general just such piss poor mean.
Thanks, we actually lived out west in Randallstown, but we were pretty poor at the time and lived in some pretty crappy apartments. I think we got to experience much of the....ambiance.... that Baltimore has to offer, though. Our car was broken into several times, some of the apartments in our building were broken into, the lady across the hall was a prostitute..... fun times!

A couple of years ago I had to go to Philly for a wedding, so I drove down to Baltimore to see if the old place was there. It is. It's still a dump. It was fun standing in front of my old elementary school though!

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Since I live pretty much right down the road from you, I completely agree. My neighbors are my friends, we help each other out and watch our places when we are gone. My kids play outside on our 4.5 acres, and with the protection of our dogs and nearby friends, I have no fear for their safety. Would not go back to living in a larger city, even though I drive to one to make my living.
That's right - I forget that we're neighbors. My sister lives in Ridgefield, too. She is off of 179th out west of the fairgrounds.

We should get together sometime.

2c5s

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
A6 with 3.15's and factory 20's. 19-20mpg city mixed, 24.5 hwy @80 mph.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
That's right - I forget that we're neighbors. My sister lives in Ridgefield, too. She is off of 179th out west of the fairgrounds.

We should get together sometime.
Sounds good! We live over by Tri-Mountain golf course. PM me, would love to see your car again, looked great at Vancouver Ford!

Back to the original question, it is so difficult to say. The numbers quoted here are mixed in with resetting and measuring at-speed only, an a huge number of variations based on different conditions. What you would really need to tell is to have a very large population of results to normalize out the variation, not talking 10 people but over a hundred with two configurations. Or you could have 1 person drive the same path in the same conditions trying to identically match the driving style with enough variation in the path to represent all different driving conditions.

Short version of the answer, it is not possible to tell for sure using the numbers or evidence at this site. Best guess is that they are about the same, with the Auto being a little more conservative on the shifts which should give it a slight advantage.

Chris
Sponsored