Sponsored

Auto vs Manual

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Ruby Red Manual
I really want to get a manual in a 2016 Gt but i was wondering how the paddle shifters felt with the auto. Anyone have any like/dislikes to throw around?
Sponsored

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Paddle shifters are a major improvement over the 2013-14 selectshift thing they had going on... I had a 2014 m6 that I loathed.... loved the car, but hated the transmission. This time I went with the auto and couldn't be happier.... no more getting the clutch pedal stuck to the damn floor....

raceguy13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp CO
You really just need to go drive both at a dealer. I test drove an auto and went back and ordered a manual. For me the auto just isn't fun and didn't shift when i told it to, but many people on here feel the opposite.

Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you want a manual, get the manual. Paddles will never replace that desire. If you dont particularly care about having a manual, get the auto as the overall performance and ability to hold power is better (as is the noise).

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Auto is just so damn boring to drive unless you are strictly drag racing the car or something. It takes a ton of the driving enjoyment out of any car for me. If it had a dual clutch auto or something I could see it being a bit of fun with the paddle shifters but manual wins for fun factor every time by a loooong shot.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Auto is just so damn boring to drive unless you are strictly drag racing the car or something. It takes a ton of the driving enjoyment out of any car for me. If it had a dual clutch auto or something I could see it being a bit of fun with the paddle shifters but manual wins for fun factor every time by a loooong shot.
I feel the same way. With the manual, get a MGW and change the fluid = best manual that I have driven.

Tninl16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
On the street the paddle shifters are fun and I love the sound of the of the rev matched down shifts. Unfortunately at the dragstrip the car is quicker in "D" making the runs less exciting. At the track I missed my previous 6spd car but still had fun running the same times as tuned 11-14 5.0's. With this car being my daily driver I am happy with the automatic and wouldn't go back to the manual.

Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
I really want to get a manual in a 2016 Gt but i was wondering how the paddle shifters felt with the auto. Anyone have any like/dislikes to throw around?
seriously. How far is a dealership from you to figure this out for yourself? Shouldn't really matter because you "really want" a manual anyways.

I have nothing else to contribute.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I feel the same way. With the manual, get a MGW and change the fluid = best manual that I have driven.
I think I'll be adding that shifter to mine. I recently sold my S2000 so I don't expect it to shift quite as nice(S2000 has arguably one of the best shifters ever) but I think it should be VERY nice! Even stock I like the mustang shifter, it's just a bit sloppy.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I think I'll be adding that shifter to mine. I recently sold my S2000 so I don't expect it to shift quite as nice(S2000 has arguably one of the best shifters ever) but I think it should be VERY nice! Even stock I like the mustang shifter, it's just a bit sloppy.
Yeah, the shifter in the S2K is pretty glorious, I think it's the best OEM shifter I've ever, er, shifted ... :lol:

dwroth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT Prem w/PP
If you don't want the performance pack, and you like to wear women's underwear, get the automatic.
Sponsored