Sponsored

Manual VS Auto

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
I love my manual, but somedays I wish I had the A10 just bc of how much faster it is.
I ran against an A10 2019 GT the other day and when I got to the light he rolled down the window and asked "manual?" and I was like "yep" he replied "lucky" and we both laughed. The grass is always greener.
but for the sake of keeping this thread hostile, all you A10 guys are fart-sniffers and I hope you get pink eye.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
My original question was obviously the reverse of my reformulated question : how many drivers bought an automatic because they don’t know how to drive a manual?
But obviously admitting that on a sport car forum and being honest about it, carry some stigma....

same when asking someone why he doesn’t have a Ferrari, more often than not the answer is: I don’t like them”and list a bunch of reasons for it. When the real truth is $$$$
He can’t afford it...... lol
Just stirring the pot a bit....

Last edited:

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Because my F150 has the A-6, I bought the A-10 to learn the tranny for when my F150 gets replaced probably next year.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The average age of Mustang owners is well over 50, so it's safe to assume most have driven manual transmissions. The same question has been asked in other forums I have belonged to (Camaro, Vette, Porsche, BMW, Audi) and most higher performance cars are bought by older customers, of which about 80% who buy automatics know how to drive manual.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The average age of Mustang owners is well over 50, so it's safe to assume most have driven manual transmissions. The same question has been asked in other forums I have belonged to (Camaro, Vette, Porsche, BMW, Audi) and most higher performance cars are bought by older customers, of which about 80% who buy automatics know how to drive manual.
Exactly right. I love how some on the interwebs make it sound like driving a manual is equivalent to solving a rubix cube. If you enjoy a manual more great. Ford sells both types of transmissions. But for the love of god. Please quit talking like it's a very special skill set.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
G
Good info, so 20% of drivers buy an automatic because they don’t know how to use a manual?

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I bought an auto because my wife can't drive a stick and may have to in an emergency. I do really dig the A10 though, and with hindsight, would still pick it over the manual.

If they'd made the GT350 with a drop top, I would have forced her to learn.

Some people prefer LP records over CDs because of "the experience"...no skin off my ass.

Yellowsnowman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt base
You want some hairs to split? They don't use a clutch while racing. Takes all the fun out of it. I bet that's why none of you manual guys drive a racecar :cwl:.
No racing for me, how’d you know? Ever see the video clip of Richard Hammond trying to get a f1 car rolling?
Sponsored