bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
I agree .
I really should have had BES do the long block assembly since they built the block .

I competely forgot about the high lift of the cams when I asked a buddy to help assemble the long block .It does seem like a good idea to have this done with every build regardless of cam lift . Never had it done before on previous blocks with same specs as stock(pistons /cams ) .

Going to look into shipping the block to BES unless I can find some one to do it locally. .
Yes it’s more expense since block will need to be disassembled but better to “pay now than cry later “
Max lift doesn't effect PTV as the piston is well down the bore at that point. Checking PTV on these engines is not easy as the cams are not static unless you lock the cams in position. I would guess that you would want to check intake when the intake cam is at max advance and exhaust when exhaust cam is at max retard unless the clearance is so large that it doesn't matter (which I suspect is the case unless you go far afield). An experienced builder of Coyote/Voodoo should be able to tell you if there is any concern with your parts combo.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
What you typically find is E85 at these stations isn't always whats in in those pumps..so watch out believing that that E85 sticker. Here in OK, the pumps contain E70.
"E85" is increasingly popping up in northern Virginia at Sheetz. A couple days ago I asked them how reliable was that number and got a similar "depending on season it could be down around E70 and possibly lower."

AceOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2005, 2011, 2016 Mustang GTPP (Code_Blu), 2016 GT350R (Bloo-Doo)
Max lift doesn't effect PTV as the piston is well down the bore at that point. Checking PTV on these engines is not easy as the cams are not static unless you lock the cams in position. I would guess that you would want to check intake when the intake cam is at max advance and exhaust when exhaust cam is at max retard unless the clearance is so large that it doesn't matter (which I suspect is the case unless you go far afield). An experienced builder of Coyote/Voodoo should be able to tell you if there is any concern with your parts combo.
I bought the VCT cam lock outs and spare set of Phasers and checked the PTV with cams at Max advance and max retard. It is what I was told to do by the Engineer. I was also testing the 5.0 rockers with the higher ratio than the 5.2 rockers/followers.

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Small bit of movement. Block machining is done and sleeves are in. All parts are in, just waiting for final assembly now. Expectation is shipping early next week. Hopefully we'll be putting this back together in about 2 weeks

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Tuners know that E85 pumps don't always have 85%. But that just means ethanol content. That doesn't necessarily mean that the fuel won't take the timing. Lund has to harp on this all the time. Ethanol 85 just means ethanol 85, not resistance to detonation. Alex Flores tested a mix of E85 and gasoline on his old 2011 car with an E85 tune on it and it logged perfectly fine.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Why not pull over and do a video or maybe in a room that isn't moving? Trying to listen to someone jabber as they attempt to navigate a car on the street...annoying.

wldtang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I’m in the process of refreshing a voodoo I purchased for a 65 fastback project.

I’m needing torque specs and timing instructions
Anyone have a service manual with the info?

[email protected]

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I’m in the process of refreshing a voodoo I purchased for a 65 fastback project.

I’m needing torque specs and timing instructions
Anyone have a service manual with the info?

[email protected]
Did you get your info? Happy to send over!

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Cylinder heads are on their way back from RGR. Should be here Thursday.

Shortblock completed assembly today. Will be picked up by freight tomorrow. Should have it in the next 4-6 days.

My dad is flying down April 5th to help re-assemble the engine and get it back in the car. So things should start picking up soon :)

Monty-Python.gif

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Did you decide to stick with the OEM pan or somehow get a hold of the FP oil pan pickup tube to complete the FP350S setup?

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Did you decide to stick with the OEM pan or somehow get a hold of the FP oil pan pickup tube to complete the FP350S setup?
I did. wanted to go with the FP350S pan, but no real timeline on the oil pickup availability kept me from pulling the trigger.

Plan to reconsider once everything is available and I cage the car.
Sponsored