Sponsored

2017 GT350 order pickup time

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey guys, I put my deposit down on an out of state 17 allocation on August 3rd of this year and am still waiting for Ford to pick the order up. My salesman sent me a copy of my order (attached) on the 20th and doesn't seem to really know when the order will be picked up and just says "it should be any day now". I'm growing a little paranoid since my order is out of state so I figured I would ask you guys a few questions that I have:

How long does it typically take for Ford to pick up the order?

Is there any way for me to find out when to expect Ford to take the order?

Does the attached Order Summary look to be legit?

I'm really psyched about my order and just want to be sure that I have a guaranteed allocation and that everything thus far seems to be typical. This is my first time buying a car that is being built specifically for me so I have no idea what is normal and what is not.

Thanks!
Order.JPG
Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I don't think there is anything set in stone as it depends on a lot of Variables but for me I placed order at the dealership in early May, order was picked up in late August and scheduled for early sept production. Now I'm just waiting for the car to get out of QC and be transported

sweetchuck2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, DIB, Tech package.
The order looks legit. 19 is pretty low on the priority. Mine was a 10, ordered 7/28/2015 and Ford didn't pick it up until mid November, build date was 12/22, Delivery was 1/4. Had my VIN about 2 weeks before my dealer bothered to call me with it. Sometimes dealers are oblivious when it comes to helping you find the information you seek.

You could try calling Ford Performance, or sending an IM to them on here.

OP
OP
Bcobb85

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The order looks legit. 19 is pretty low on the priority. Mine was a 10, ordered 7/28/2015 and Ford didn't pick it up until mid November, build date was 12/22, Delivery was 1/4. Had my VIN about 2 weeks before my dealer bothered to call me with it. Sometimes dealers are oblivious when it comes to helping you find the information you seek.

You could try calling Ford Performance, or sending an IM to them on here.
Is there any way to change the priority or is that just based on the dealer?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Is there any way to change the priority or is that just based on the dealer?
Dealer-specific... but they also need to factor in their Regional Rep's call.

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Priority only matters if the dealer has more than one order for a 350...once the rep submits it it becomes priority 1

jma406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350,1962 406 S/S,64 Falcon B/FX, BOSS KK1215
Hey guys, I put my deposit down on an out of state 17 allocation on August 3rd of this year and am still waiting for Ford to pick the order up. My salesman sent me a copy of my order (attached) on the 20th and doesn't seem to really know when the order will be picked up and just says "it should be any day now". I'm growing a little paranoid since my order is out of state so I figured I would ask you guys a few questions that I have:

How long does it typically take for Ford to pick up the order?

Is there any way for me to find out when to expect Ford to take the order?

Does the attached Order Summary look to be legit?

I'm really psyched about my order and just want to be sure that I have a guaranteed allocation and that everything thus far seems to be typical. This is my first time buying a car that is being built specifically for me so I have no idea what is normal and what is not.

Thanks!
Did you receive a DORA? Have you called Ford Performance to see if the dealer has summited the order?

OP
OP
Bcobb85

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Did you receive a DORA? Have you called Ford Performance to see if the dealer has summited the order?
What is a DORA? All I have is my receipt of my deposit and the attached order summary. I wasn't aware that I could contact Ford Performance directly about my order. Is there a specific email or number I should call?

jma406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is a DORA? All I have is my receipt of my deposit and the attached order summary. I wasn't aware that I could contact Ford Performance directly about my order. Is there a specific email or number I should call?
Call 1-800-367-3788 and press 1. They will ask you for the order number (T001) and the dealer number (F23227). If those numbers are correct on that dealer order sheet, you should find out if there is an order. Let me know.

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
I ordered from a far away out of state dealer as well, and got the same Preview Order sheet. Mine has a priority 10 and was placed back in May, and am still waiting for a build date. It's legitimate though. You can contact Ford Performance or the Ford Team on this forum and check to confirm the order is received by providing the order number and dealer code.

Welcome to waiting the game!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bcobb85

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Call 1-800-367-3788 and press 1. They will ask you for the order number (T001) and the dealer number (F23227). If those numbers are correct on that dealer order sheet, you should find out if there is an order. Let me know.
Thanks man! I just called and they were extremely helpful. They said that they did receive the order on August 8th and that it is on a materials hold. The guy I talked to said that they get updates about once a week and that I could call back periodically to check on the status. Coming from Japanese cars (nissan/nismo), this is a refreshing change to be able to actually talk to someone in the performance division :thumbsup:

jma406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man! I just called and they were extremely helpful. They said that they did receive the order on August 8th and that it is on a materials hold. The guy I talked to said that they get updates about once a week and that I could call back periodically to check on the status. Coming from Japanese cars (nissan/nismo), this is a refreshing change to be able to actually talk to someone in the performance division :thumbsup:
Be patient is my best advice. I ordered a 2016 last Oct., it never got built thanks to the Zone Sales Manager and a lazy dealer. I wrote letters to the President of Ford, the CEO of Ford Worldwide, phone calls to Ford Customer Service, and anyone else connected with Ford. All they could tell me is that my car did not get built. Reordered a 2017 this Apr. from a different dealer who was relentless with the NEW zone manager, and got a replacement order. I would have had the car in August, but Ford needed more proof from the Zone Manager that it was a retail order. Now, my car gets built next Friday the 16th. I hope you have better luck. Don't start wondering when your allocation will get pulled. That process is like the Shelby motor, VooDoo!!!

OP
OP
Bcobb85

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Be patient is my best advice. I ordered a 2016 last Oct., it never got built thanks to the Zone Sales Manager and a lazy dealer. I wrote letters to the President of Ford, the CEO of Ford Worldwide, phone calls to Ford Customer Service, and anyone else connected with Ford. All they could tell me is that my car did not get built. Reordered a 2017 this Apr. from a different dealer who was relentless with the NEW zone manager, and got a replacement order. I would have had the car in August, but Ford needed more proof from the Zone Manager that it was a retail order. Now, my car gets built next Friday the 16th. I hope you have better luck. Don't start wondering when your allocation will get pulled. That process is like the Shelby motor, VooDoo!!!
Thanks for the advice! Do I need to worry about getting in a situation like yours with the Zone Sales manager and dealer or am I already passed that since Ford Performance has the order on file?

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
That order sheet looks just like the one I received from my dealer when I placed my order on the 14th of July, incl. the 19 priority. When I checked on my order 2 weeks ago I was told that it had been pulled for scheduling but no VIN yet. When I checked today my order now has a VIN, but no build week yet.

So, slightly under 2 months to get a VIN, and probably another month or more before it's actually built I think. You're about a month behind me, so...

That said, orders get pulled and scheduled with no rhyme or reason apparent to us. There's nothing to say that yours won't be scheduled and built before I even get a build week. Conversely...

I don't think there's anything your dealer can do as far as getting the order pulled for scheduling goes, so hang in there!

EDIT: Called FP. My car is scheduled for the week of Sept. 26. Hot DAMN!!!!

Last edited:

jma406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the advice! Do I need to worry about getting in a situation like yours with the Zone Sales manager and dealer or am I already passed that since Ford Performance has the order on file?
I think my situation was unique. Is your dealer a Contact (large) dealer, or Select (small) dealer? The Contact dealers usually have more pull and get their allocations pulled sooner. If your dealer sells a lot of Mustangs, and the area the dealer is in, is hot for Mustangs, you won't have to wait so long as some buyers out in the sticks do. I always believed that the car should be built according to when the order was placed, in sequence, period. That's not the way Ford does it though. I saw 2016s getting built a month or so after ordered, and then some poor souls waited 6-9 months for the build after ordering. Good luck with yours.
Sponsored