DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
I had same concern about making my neighbors mad at me. But, eventually like many of us, I replaced resonators with straight pipes. The only loud sound it makes when it's in the cold start. For that I don't open my garage door for that moment. It's not loud at all in the normal mode. But when I leave my neighborhood.....
Hold the clutch in for a couple of seconds before starting...you'll hear the exhaust actuators close, then you get a fairly quiet start.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Calipony

Calipony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My only planned Mods are getting rid of the prop rod with struts, and maybe a new shift ball, and if i track it enough a bolt in harness bar. There really is no need to upgrade anything....anything more than the 500 - 550 hp range is a waste on a road course, or street. The suspension is great...maybe if you wanted camber plates for the front I guess. The aero is great. I love the exhaust...i see no reason to change it either. Lastly, the brakes are awesome.
Exactly why I want the GT350. I actually would only change what you mentioned... no need to risk anything else.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I think you are really gambling if you do a tune with these cars. Yes, some have had Ford replace it, but it's just as easy for them to deny it too. Not worth the minimal gains. Only way I would run a tune is if I went Supercharger/Turbo and then I would do it right and beef up the engine and oiling system. Have someone like Fathouse do it.
Just curious how you “beef up “ the oiling system?

Sponsored

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you... but does everybody really just leave these cars alone and 100% stock? I’ve promised myself with every mustang I’ve had, ok no mods this time! yeah whatever...
I would say yes and no. For those of use whom are previous GT owners, we are chasing with aftermarket parts that meet or exceed what is standard in the GT 350. In its naturally aspirated form, I am more than pleased with the power that the Voodoo puts out. Other than a resonator delete, mud flaps and air/oil separator, I am all set for now and that is keeping in mind that I have a few boxes of compatible suspension goodies laying around from my GT PP2.
As stated by others already, you will not be disappointed! Good luck on your search!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I wonder if they check what was tuned or changed when denying or approving repairs. Someone on FB just got a new 350 engine, had headers, new exhaust with a 93oct tune, ford approved it, makes you wonder.
Woman Driven on YouTube had her engine replacement warranty claim refused. She said that the warranty rep noticed her intake elbow was cleaner than the rest of the engine compartment and assumed she had an aftermarket intake on the car prior to bringing it in for service (believe that if you want....) She then says that the warranty rep requested a copy of the pcm diagnostic report, which showed the number of key cycles didn’t match up with the mileage on the car (since she had a tune, then flashed back to stock for service.). My understanding is that every time you flash the software, the mileage stays consistent but the key cycle counter resets. I’m guessing if she had not flashed back to stock, they’d be able to tell she had non-standard software (which is likely what lead to the failure in her case.). Denials definitely do happen.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I have my current and previous cars tuned with ECU flash, e.g. re-mapping the fuel and removing certain restrictions. I know in fact that when car is at the dealer they required by car manufacturer to connect car's computer to they central server. If the car was tuned it will shows and flagged for it's VIN. Based on the car's manufacturer policy the warranty may be voided(in most cases). I know few guys who's Audi S4 warranty voided due to this practice.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
APR and other Audi tuners thought they could fool VW engineers. Even if you flashed back to stock soon as the car was hooked into the computer it got reported back to a central database and many times the owner had no idea. Audi dealers even sold the tagged cars as certified used, and when the new owner took it in for any warranty repair, boom they were busted. Denied.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
As having owned 23 mustangs; this is the “ one “ , in every respect. I’m happy to share the cost vs ownership secret; we are almost in the “ no cost zone” . In other words what you pay for it and what you resell it for are getting very close. Considering this is the last year of the six speed manual GT 350 lines up with future resale. A new GT350R MSRP is 77k ?78K? And a babied low mile example 16 maybe 50 to 55? And I doubt that it will depreciate much more . Sooo other than tax , you might be able to own a 2016 GT350R for three to five years for only a 5k$ . Also the worm gear/ hose clamp trick stops any loosening of the early oil filter. You’ll never regret buying a GT350 .
matrix-keanue-reeves-759.jpg

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
never a problem, be more worried about replacing battery after 3 years.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
never a problem, be more worried about replacing battery after 3 years.
If not sooner both my 16 and 17 came with batteries that don't have much cranking amps. If I let them set for a week or so several electronics would shut down so car could start.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
At this point I dont see any need tuning the car, already hard pressed to find roads to drive this car how it was meant to be driven, if I cant take full advantage on stock tune, would make no sense to tune it.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
At this point I dont see any need tuning the car, already hard pressed to find roads to drive this car how it was meant to be driven, if I cant take full advantage on stock tune, would make no sense to tune it.
Sponsored