GT350 Engine Concerns...

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
For lack of better things to do, I went to cars.com and checked prices. Used 350s seem to be going up in price.
Sponsored

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
FYI - @Voodoo Velocity pointed out here that in Florida, our warranty prices are fixed no matter who sells it to you and you cannot purchase from an out of state vendor.

https://fordprotect.ford.com/extended-service-plan
FYI - When I was searching for a Ford ESP for mine, I saw the same thing. But I found Zeigler https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/ - in IL and MI (?) They are licensed in FL

Questions About Florida
Q: Can Florida residents purchase extended service warranties online from us?
A: Yes, because Zeigler Auto Group is licensed (Number W300391) to sell Ford warranties in Florida. Florida residents can only purchase Ford Protect Plans at Fordā€™s Florida retail prices from dealers licensed to sell in the State of Florida. Our licensed is viewable at: www.myfloridacfo.com

As you said, the prices are fixed. But I talked to rep there, he said the same thing about FL, but said to call back with my best. He beat it by a few. Only a few, . . . but still.

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
High profile cars will get high profile attention to problems. That does not mean it is rampant.

If you desire Shelby exclusivity, leading edge performance and push-the-envelope engineering, there will be assumed risks. These cars are not built to be Rolex refined with Honda or Toyota reliability. Warranty is your safety net.

If those are hurdles you do not wish to take, reflect on how much you want the car.

OP
OP
Calipony

Calipony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
High profile cars will get high profile attention to problems. That does not mean it is rampant.

If you desire Shelby exclusivity, leading edge performance and push-the-envelope engineering, there will be assumed risks. These cars are not built to be Rolex refined with Honda or Toyota reliability. Warranty is your safety net.

If those are hurdles you do not wish to take, reflect on how much you want the car.
Well said sir. Iā€™M IN!!!!!!!!!!

joekr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I traded in my 2016 350 due to engine concerns.. You will NOT find a better performing car at this price point. Period. I went back to a Mustang GT and almost immediately regretted it.

Today? I drive the piss out of my 2019 GT350R. It's even better than the 2016 and I don't give a damn if the engine grenades! That's what warranties are for. That said, I check the oil and will not be going turbo or supercharger.

I'm also a Porsche guy and the same concept applies. If my 1999 911 engine blows up, I'm going to buy a used engine off fleabay and have it swapped out. I can't afford a new 911 so I'll enjoy what I have and keep it on the road.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
I personally think powertrain care is the best bang for the buck.
I went with the premium care for 30k miles or 4 years for 2800.00 so Everything is covered except wear items like tires , battery, clutch etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Calipony

Calipony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I traded in my 2016 350 due to engine concerns.. You will NOT find a better performing car at this price point. Period. I went back to a Mustang GT and almost immediately regretted it.

Today? I drive the piss out of my 2019 GT350R. It's even better than the 2016 and I don't give a damn if the engine grenades! That's what warranties are for. That said, I check the oil and will not be going turbo or supercharger.

I'm also a Porsche guy and the same concept applies. If my 1999 911 engine blows up, I'm going to buy a used engine off fleabay and have it swapped out. I can't afford a new 911 so I'll enjoy what I have and keep it on the road.
Agreed. My 1 small regret was buying my 2016 GT as an auto instead of manual. Iā€™ve always had manuals. Either way, the car is still fun. But I agree, at this price point, you canā€™t beat a GT350.

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
I owned a C6Z06, which had a known issue with premature valve guide wear. It was a small percentage of cars affected (mine was one), but to read the angst on the Corvette forums, you would think you were taking your life into your hands every time you turned on the ignition. BMW, Porsche and Audi owners all have had periodic complaints about some models as well. As others have said, that's what the warranty is for.

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
For lack of better things to do, I went to cars.com and checked prices. Used 350s seem to be going up in price.
Since Covid 19 hit the news, I have also noticed this. Also, dealers seem to be offering less off MSRP for new models in the mid-Atlantic region.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Now that it is known this is the final model year for this Shelby GT350 iteration, that may drive up demand - or at least the dealers are betting on it.

Right now dealers are selling cars for people who need a car, and will deal. No one needs a Shelby (we can discuss!) but those who want and can afford the $60k market can be leveraged more for profit.
Sponsored