Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost, PP.

fairplayinc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible
I have a perf pack car
so far I've had the Full Race, cp-e, ATM, and Wagner Evo2, soon cp-e stage? FMIC coming soon which is down right HUGE!!!!!The radiator size PP vs standard has no direct affect on intercooler fitment

anyway, I can set you up with our stage 1 cp-e which supports up to 500-550hp
direct replacement for the stock intercooler
I'll send you a PM shortly

:cheers:
Hi Ron,

Out of the ones that you have tried, which was the coolest? In other words, how does the cp-e unit compare to the others you've tried?

I currently have a MAP Race unit. I live in south Florida where the summers are a nightmare for forced induction. The MAP race unit works very well, but I still see temps creep if I'm driving in town. They dive quickly with spirited driving, but I would love for them to stay within 10 degrees ambient. Mine creeps 20-30 above sometimes.

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
Hi Ron,

Out of the ones that you have tried, which was the coolest? In other words, how does the cp-e unit compare to the others you've tried?

I currently have a MAP Race unit. I live in south Florida where the summers are a nightmare for forced induction. The MAP race unit works very well, but I still see temps creep if I'm driving in town. They dive quickly with spirited driving, but I would love for them to stay within 10 degrees ambient. Mine creeps 20-30 above sometimes.
Hey fairplayinc I think I could answer your question. I live in Miami, Fl and have the CP-E unit, the temperature that I'm getting are around 12-15° above ambient temperature when cruising. Now if I'm stuck in city traffic it will also creep up 30° above. I'm thinking there isn't a big enough cooler that can fix this issue when there's no air moving. It's mostly how quickly it brings it back down when your moving and I say it's at least 70% faster then the stock unit.

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
Hi Ron,

I have the Levels street IC and see the same behavior. I'm pretty sure that is bound to happen no matter which IC you are using. If you're not moving or not moving quickly, then not much air is moving through it, and it's going to absorb the hot air in the engine bay.

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT Premium
Without moving air across the intercooler at significant rates you will inevitably experience less cooling performance, it's simple physics. Intercoolers are simple heat exchangers and moving air provides the mechanism (for the most part) by which heat is removed from the system. You'll notice the same thing with any "CAI" system, when the flow rate is low (i.e. at idle) the rate at which heat is absorbed is greater than the rate at which heat is transferred out of the system. The net is a gain in temperature (heat energy). Without active cooling nothing will really perform well in a low flow rate condition.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
i think its finally time to get myself an intercooler. looking for a fullsize not a half size. who's got the most compelling offer? I was told to look into Levels

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
i think its finally time to get myself an intercooler. looking for a fullsize not a half size. who's got the most compelling offer? I was told to look into Levels

On the bell curve of price x performance, the Levels Street and Speed Factory appear to be the top two contenders. Minor differences in price and product. Levels will be tens of dollars cheaper, speed factory will arrive more quickly. Levels is made to order. Speed Factory is hot and ready.

KelKrst is happy with his Speed Factory, I listened to Jubin and went with the Levels because I see his name everywhere. #jubin6g.com/forums

Someone else might be able to get more in depth on the differences.

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP
Installed this over the weekend. Won't get a chance to really test it for a couple of weeks when the dragstrip near me has a Test & Tune Day and Cobb comes out with their 2017 maps.

i-TnXpGBk-L.jpg

Then swapped out the Ecoboost grilles with GT Upper and Lethal Lower (delete) Grilles.

i-QgD496Q-L.jpg

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I like my speed factory front mount. Fit and finish is great and works great at keeping charge temps down even in this Texas heat, been staying about 15 degrees above ambient when moving.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I've had a few intercoolers..:headbonk:
IMG_3822.JPG

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Top is MAP Street, then Levels, and bottom one is FFTEC w Garrett core. I threw in the stock one on the right for comparison. For those of you with the smaller MAP intercooler, you guys should be content with it. There's not much difference between that and the $900 FFTEC. It really is a quality piece. As for the other stock location units, I can't speak for them. The MAP has a long track record of being the best stock location upgrade. We had a long, hot summer down here so I was constantly looking for something bigger and better. Once you got rolling, the Levels unit temps would drop like a boat anchor, but unfortunately it weighed like one too. Mine was an early production run before the cast end tanks and possibly a core change. I'm sticking with the FFTEC and will end up selling the other two. I have taken the front bumper off/on probably 6 or 7 times now. What I got out of all of that testing is the MAP is the little intercooler that could.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Top is MAP Street, then Levels, and bottom one is FFTEC w Garrett core. I threw in the stock one on the right for comparison. For those of you with the smaller MAP intercooler, you guys should be content with it. There's not much difference between that and the $900 FFTEC. It really is a quality piece. As for the other stock location units, I can't speak for them. The MAP has a long track record of being the best stock location upgrade. We had a long, hot summer down here so I was constantly looking for something bigger and better. Once you got rolling, the Levels unit temps would drop like a boat anchor, but unfortunately it weighed like one too. Mine was an early production run before the cast end tanks and possibly a core change. I'm sticking with the FFTEC and will end up selling the other two. I have taken the front bumper off/on probably 6 or 7 times now. What I got out of all of that testing is the MAP is the little intercooler that could.
Truth Here, if you look at my datalogs in my other thread it points exactly th what PRG3K has found out, the MAP Street performs just as well as larger units, including the MAP Race.
Sponsored