Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Very kind of you to give a nod to the little intercooler that could. I still believe that the smaller core size with less pressure drop is more ideal for a stock frame arrangement. We made the race core based intercooler to curb what seemed like demand from the public for larger core intercoolers for the platform. It is extremely exciting, however, to see so many top quality vendors creating products to push the platform further and gratifying to know that our standard size intercooler still gets an occasional mention =)

Truth Here, if you look at my datalogs in my other thread it points exactly th what PRG3K has found out, the MAP Street performs just as well as larger units, including the MAP Race.

prem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prem
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang PP Magnaflow Street
Do i need it

At what point one would look to replace their IC on ecoboost mustang. I am spirited daily driver wondering if i
its gonna make a difference for me?

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
At what point one would look to replace their IC on ecoboost mustang. I am spirited daily driver wondering if i
its gonna make a difference for me?

One would replace their IC on their Ecoboost Mustang as soon as one drives it off the lot. If not sooner.

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Sad but true.

prem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prem
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang PP Magnaflow Street
One would replace their IC on their Ecoboost Mustang as soon as one drives it off the lot. If not sooner.
I always thought it was needed when pushing the limits of the ecoboost.. What benefits would i see by changing on stock PP. I am noob to the mod world

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I always thought it was needed when pushing the limits of the ecoboost.. What benefits would i see by changing on stock PP. I am noob to the mod world
These are without a tune, If you tune the car without an Intercooler upgrade you are a timebomb. point blank.

1)More power on the top end: The Stock IC will be at over 100 degrees in just one pull on even a mild day. 100 degrees is where the ECU really starts cutting timing.
2)More consistent power: Multiple runs on even a cold day will heatsoak the stock IC so you will lose power on each consecutive run.
3)Improved throttle response: the stock IC flows like crap, You will notice less lag because of the better flow as well as pick up a few psi of boost on even the stock tune.
4)Safety: High intake temps cause knock on even NA motors, Lower intake temps will significantly reduce the incidence of knock on any engine, especially GTDi engines like these.

Multiply all of these effects by 2 or more with a tune.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I am having a MAP street intercooler installed tomorrow in my 9 month old ecoboost.

MAP's data states that the charge temp with stock intercooler in 4th gear runs was 140F, with the MAP intercooler it was like 95F.

Where should I be looking on the gauge cluster info to get what I am doing as far as charge temps go? want to compare before and after.

Is chage temp the right term, I am looking for inlet temp on my dash or what?

any help would be appreciated.

TC

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I would check the gauges page on the cluster for Air intake temps (AIT) I am not sure if it shows it I think it does, if not you should be able to add it to your tuner if you have one for a gauge.

Unfortunately I have the wifes car today at work so I cannot check it right now hehe.

Sponsored

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
I am having a MAP street intercooler installed tomorrow in my 9 month old ecoboost.

MAP's data states that the charge temp with stock intercooler in 4th gear runs was 140F, with the MAP intercooler it was like 95F.

Where should I be looking on the gauge cluster info to get what I am doing as far as charge temps go? want to compare before and after.

Is chage temp the right term, I am looking for inlet temp on my dash or what?

any help would be appreciated.

TC
The car doesn't show you the charged temps you would need an access port

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I ordered an intercooler today, 1st mod......will a non-stock intercooler void the warranty?
It shouldnt but it really depends on your dealer and if they want to be a di**
Mine hasnt said a word about it except that it looks cool.

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
so after skimming this thread what I gathered is that for my situation (don't want to remove bumper/ags etc.) I should go with MAP street, Mishimoto, or CPE? Would u say all 3 are really similar in regards to performance/ease of installation and that I should probably just buy what ever is on sale or cheaper?
Sponsored