The big Intercooler thread.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
so after skimming this thread what I gathered is that for my situation (don't want to remove bumper/ags etc.) I should go with MAP street, Mishimoto, or CPE? Would u say all 3 are really similar in regards to performance/ease of installation and that I should probably just buy what ever is on sale or cheaper?
I'd suggest the CP-e, hands down. It's the largest unit, has cast end tanks with flow diverters, and is a high quality piece. [MENTION=14142]Ron@cp-e[/MENTION] could probably get you hooked up with a good deal.
Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I went with a Levels. Great piece too. Looks like a piece of art. Lol
I went grille delete so I could show it off.

baddbradd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
I started 2nd guessing my decision for the Mishimoto intercooler, BUT it's my wifes D.D. and will only see street burst occasionally ....... unless I can slip her some meds then take it to a local track...
The car already has a mishimoto oil separator and a drop in k&n...If it were MY daily, I'd have went UPR's dual catch can and a bigger I.C. It will get a tune in the future but that's it. Alabama is hot as 2 hells in the summer and humidity even worse...that was my justification for the I.C.

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
I'd like to point out something here, it depends on the power your pushing and also the response. The larger FMIC's will respond quicker, period. There's far more surface area. Their maximum thermal transfer exceeds the smaller units. However on most stock turbo setups, the Stage 1 (stock location) units have more than enough capacity so the difference isn't primarily going to be in the actual temperatures, it's going to be in how quickly it responds. The larger units still respond quicker and you will simply not run out of capacity if you ever go built bottom end and big turbo.

Sponsored

Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Probably made in the exact same factory as mishimoto,then they just buy them and spray paint mishimoto.Pretty sure mishimoto is just a rebadge of Chinese stuff,I've compared aluminium radiators from three different sources for foxbodys a few years ago and they where all the same compared to the mishimoto brand.Personally I don't think their quality is all that up to snuff.Wouldnt be surprised if came from the same place in the states as a generic prescription option.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Has anyone ever used the trendstone intercooler for the Ecoboost yet,seems like a reasonably sized cooler for a descent price if so any details regarding fit and finish.Thanks

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Has anyone ever used the trendstone intercooler for the Ecoboost yet,seems like a reasonably sized cooler for a descent price if so any details regarding fit and finish.Thanks
Do a search on it and you'll find the info you're looking for. Quality is good, performance is decent, and fit seems to be a hit-or-miss.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm looking at the same mishimoto style intercooler from Alibaba,I believe I can have it shipped to the door for around 185.00 to 225.00 still in negotiations,I may just go this route for a quick install.Has anyone listed temps at w.o.t with the smaller cores say in around 60 to 80 degree weather.Ill be padding my tunes with octane when racing eitherway and be normally driving it on the stock tune.I saw 140 degree temps.today with the stock cooler and it was only 70 degrees out.

Just scored this kit for a good price through Map, 172.00 shipped.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mishimoto-for...%3A3099f1711590a2a597db425cffd6fcf6%7Ciid%3A2

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I just emailed them to make sure because I noticed that as well,They have multiple listings with a single pipe for the same price,I told them if it is not the kit as described and pictured then to cancel the order,I've got Alibaba on the line for the same kit minus the name for 175 to 200 if the map kit happens to be a bunk listing.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I'm looking at the same mishimoto style intercooler from Alibaba,I believe I can have it shipped to the door for around 185.00 to 225.00 still in negotiations,I may just go this route for a quick install.Has anyone listed temps at w.o.t with the smaller cores say in around 60 to 80 degree weather.Ill be padding my tunes with octane when racing eitherway and be normally driving it on the stock tune.I saw 140 degree temps.today with the stock cooler and it was only 70 degrees out.

Just scored this kit for a good price through Map, 172.00 shipped.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mishimoto-for...%3A3099f1711590a2a597db425cffd6fcf6%7Ciid%3A2
If you get the alibaba intercooler, post some details. Could end up being a good deal if they are basically the same as the misimoto units.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Oh yeah I'm going to test everything I purchase one item at a time,the goal is to make test hits one part at a time with the stock tune,then the cobb 1 tune,and take notes to see what the car likes.Im sure all of this basic bolt-on stuff is fine for these cars I just like to see the progression.Ill do this with tires,drive shaft would like to install some drag struts if a home makes them yet.Wonder if these cars be put in the bottom 12 teens and ohs on regular radial rubber,maybe squeak an 11 with a factory radial tire.
Sponsored