The big Intercooler thread.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I have the levels street and live in central Florida and have not seem any raise en temperature on the gauge of head temp.
Sponsored

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Levels Race Core installed on my bolt-on EBM, and was able to shave 0.3 seconds off of my 1/8th mile time (with all other variables the same) here in Florida with just the intercooler swap.

Interestingly enough, many folks told me I would lose throttle response, may experience pressure drop, etc. and I haven't experienced any of that - just the opposite. Almost broke out of my index class at our 1/8th mile strip on Wednesday :)

Thanks to Nik @ Levels, Adam @ Tune+, Kelly @ BMR, John @ StangZone and the guys at ProFab for helping me get the car dialed in!

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
I have a Levels Race Core installed on my bolt-on EBM, and was able to shave 0.3 seconds off of my 1/8th mile time (with all other variables the same) here in Florida with just the intercooler swap.

Interestingly enough, many folks told me I would lose throttle response, may experience pressure drop, etc. and I haven't experienced any of that - just the opposite. Almost broke out of my index class at our 1/8th mile strip on Wednesday :)

Thanks to Nik @ Levels, Adam @ Tune+, Kelly @ BMR, John @ StangZone and the guys at ProFab for helping me get the car dialed in!
Same here regarding response. On the stock EBM (other than a catch can and BOV), the car was much improved, throttle response was deffinately notably better and the car was making consistent power, 3rd gear didn't just tank like it used to.

Now the combination of the Levels, Boobma and LMS tune is IMPRESSIVE. Today on the highway, after I got out of construction, traveling about 50~55, in 4th gear I hit about half throttle and hit 80 in about 2 seconds. The car just launched effortlessly and I was only 50% throttle.

Last edited:

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
CP-E VS MAP

These two street IC's look pretty comparable, any reason to choose one over the other?

LightningBlue17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, Lightning Blue
These two street IC's look pretty comparable, any reason to choose one over the other?
I went with the Map over the cp-e because I liked the build quality on the MAP, and from the install videos the MAP seems like it is easier to install, you can keep the louvers and don't have to take the bumper off.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I'd go with CP-e between those two. It's a little larger, has amazing build quality (as does all of their products), the cast endtanks have flow diverters to equalize flow across the entire core, and you can pick it up for $450 shipped right now. $450 shipped is an amazing price for what you're getting.

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
I went with the Map over the cp-e because I liked the build quality on the MAP, and from the install videos the MAP seems like it is easier to install, you can keep the louvers and don't have to take the bumper off.
install is essentially the same although we suggest removing the front bumper
and like all stock replacement style FMIC's , you retain the active grill shutters

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
I was just debating the same between the two so how do I get it for 450 might purchase one tonight

Sponsored

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
Just spit balling so bare with me. What if one was to re mount the intercooler to in front of the radiator to have a bigger opening for air flow. I understand you would choke off the cooling air to the radiator and may raise the coolant temp. But what are the thoughts on this.

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Just spit balling so bare with me. What if one was to re mount the intercooler to in front of the radiator to have a bigger opening for air flow. I understand you would choke off the cooling air to the radiator and may raise the coolant temp. But what are the thoughts on this.
Not going to make much of a difference. The stock IC already has direct air flow through the bottom opening dedicated to it. Putting it in front of the radiator would cause fitment issues and do nothing to aid in cooling.

Now if you go with a full size front mount IC like the Levels, Full Race, MAP Race or other similar IC's, then yes they are mounted in front of the radiator, but only the bottom 1/3 of the radiator is blocked, it does not seem to impact the function of the radiator much.

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
Don't talk about it; be about it. :p Ron will get you squared away.
Just put my order in Juben! Thanks for the persuasion :paddle:

Last edited:

ssprague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Package
few different ways to accomplish this
sending you a message now
Interested as well Ron! I was going to pick up a used MAP IC powder coated and ready to install today, but it might be worth waiting for the CP-E to ship of the price is there!

espennor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Espen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Real easy install Levels IC on the Euro Ecoboost. No need to remove the front bumper, there are no grill shutters. Just took the old IC out from under the car and put Levels right back. Car pulls good!
Sponsored