Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
Now if you go with a full size front mount IC like the Levels, Full Race, MAP Race or other similar IC's, then yes they are mounted in front of the radiator, but only the bottom 1/3 of the radiator is blocked, it does not seem to impact the function of the radiator much.
I think I'm blocking a bit more than a third of the radiator, maybe, lol.....
IMG_3045.jpg
20160826_192135.jpg
Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Drat! I missed an awesome deal! Hopefully there'll be another sale around the holidays!

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
you're a lucky man, I wanna wife like that when I get married
Mine bought an Ecoboost Premium with Performance package for me last Friday night, knowing full well I was already looking up how to mod it. We traded in an 8 month old Challenger for it. She loves me.

My first mod is going to be an intercooler. I don't want to take the front of the car apart to do it. I haven't compared the radiator to the standard one, but it is supposed to be "noticeably larger". Has anyone fitted an aftermarket IC to a performance package car?

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Mine bought an Ecoboost Premium with Performance package for me last Friday night, knowing full well I was already looking up how to mod it. We traded in an 8 month old Challenger for it. She loves me.

My first mod is going to be an intercooler. I don't want to take the front of the car apart to do it. I haven't compared the radiator to the standard one, but it is supposed to be "noticeably larger". Has anyone fitted an aftermarket IC to a performance package car?
Yes, I have used the Levels FMIC since February of last year (2015). You have to remove the front bumper to do it and remove the Active Grille Shutters (AGS). They're both stupid easy to do, but if you are opposed to removing the bumper and AGS, then I'd recommend a stock location intercooler, like the CP-e.

The CP-e is gonna be the best option on the market for a stock location front mount and has been on sale for $450. If you act fast and hit Ron up, he might still be able to hook you up for that pricing.

Last edited:

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM

I have a perf pack car
so far I've had the Full Race, cp-e, ATM, and Wagner Evo2, soon cp-e stage? FMIC coming soon which is down right HUGE!!!!!The radiator size PP vs standard has no direct affect on intercooler fitment

anyway, I can set you up with our stage 1 cp-e which supports up to 500-550hp
direct replacement for the stock intercooler
I'll send you a PM shortly

:cheers:

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
I have a perf pack car
so far I've had the Full Race, cp-e, ATM, and Wagner Evo2, soon cp-e stage? FMIC coming soon which is down right HUGE!!!!!The radiator size PP vs standard has no direct affect on intercooler fitment

anyway, I can set you up with our stage 1 cp-e which supports up to 500-550hp
direct replacement for the stock intercooler
I'll send you a PM shortly

:cheers:
Your products have a good rep on plenty of forums. I'll get hold of you once I've gotten the car broken in. The wife is pretty understanding, but I just got the car last Friday. It's a little soon to be tearing it apart.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo

Too soon? I've only had my car three weeks and the new intercooler is going on tomorrow!! :D

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT

Too soon? I've only had my car three weeks and the new intercooler is going on tomorrow!! :D
More like too late...your car should have come with the CP-e from the factory ;-)

Sponsored

Backwoods

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
My levels race Intercooler arrived waiting on my charge pipes !!!!

blitzzfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost, PP.
Looking to get a better intercooler in the next 4-5 weeks, looking to do primarily bolt on mods + a tune. Currently weighing up a few different intercoolers. cp-e, Mishi and SR Perf are on the books atm. Without having to go through 40 pages of this thread (already skimmed through a bit) anyone able to give me a solid run down of whats the best for my application?

Does the cp-e come in black :<?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Looking to get a better intercooler in the next 4-5 weeks, looking to do primarily bolt on mods + a tune. Currently weighing up a few different intercoolers. cp-e, Mishi and SR Perf are on the books atm. Without having to go through 40 pages of this thread (already skimmed through a bit) anyone able to give me a solid run down of whats the best for my application?

Does the cp-e come in black :<?
The SR Performance and Mishimoto are the same thing. I'd highly recommend the CP-e. It's larger, has cast end tanks with flow diverters to distribute airflow evenly across the core, has the special finish, and is typical CP-e build quality (excellent). If I was on the market for a stock location intercooler replacement, there wouldn't be a second guess as to what I'd choose. It'll be your best performing and highest quality option.

[MENTION=14142]Ron@cp-e[/MENTION] could probably get you hooked up with a good price too!

blitzzfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost, PP.
The SR Performance and Mishimoto are the same thing. I'd highly recommend the CP-e. It's larger, has cast end tanks with flow diverters to distribute airflow evenly across the core, has the special finish, and is typical CP-e build quality (excellent). If I was on the market for a stock location intercooler replacement, there wouldn't be a second guess as to what I'd choose. It'll be your best performing and highest quality option.

[MENTION=14142]Ron@cp-e[/MENTION] could probably get you hooked up with a good price too!
Ron, send me a PM when possible :)!