MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'd buy the exact same car again, it's pretty fantastic. It improved on several things from my '16, much better handling __and__ comfort (by way of the 2nd Gen PP + Magneride), the AE system I couldn't do without, the A10 is stellar, since I got every option I didn't have to do any "Should I have gotten ...?".

I don't know what my next car will be, but my second Mustang is awesome.
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I love the car but knowing what I know now I probably would have passed on it and banked the money.

I replaced my Miata with the Mustang because it's a better daily driver and there were things that I didn't like about the new generation Miata.

Now I don't daily drive anymore. So my Mustang sits in the garage four or five days a week. Who would have predicted that a pandemic would change work so completely?

Since then Mazda fixed the things that I didn't like about the Miata, Ford has become a truck company, and Mustang has become an SUV brand.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Wouldn't change a thing. Got a 2020 GT PP1 A10 and upgraded the screen to 8" sync3 for $800. Within budget, have the bigger screen, and performance is better than expected.

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
A10 instead of the 6sp...maybe normal seats instead of recaros....6ft 3, 220lbs makes those recaros a touch uncomfortable on journeys lasting longer than an hour or so

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
If I had to do it over again after being over two years into it, I would have left the GT350 sitting on the showroom floor, and kept my 03 FBO SB Cobra. Miss that car!

Sponsored

DarkHors5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Velocity Blue GT, A10, PP1
I didn't want the digital dash, so The 400s were not a priority for me, finding a 301A took some doing. As everything local was either every option or a base 300 with no options. The color pallete was also quite diverse the options were Black, Silver or Red. I wanted Blue. I found a Velocity blue 301A a few hours away and 1 in Georgia.

301A TBH I wanted the option of drag mode - its fun.
PP1 - If only for the extra cooling and venting. The Brakes aren't too bad either.
A10
Active Exhaust - After listening to how shrill and raspy some of the after market systems sounded, I ruled them out. The Factory active with an H pipe is ideal sound for me.

Both had navigation so the bigscreen was already there.
I was not interested in the stripes. but they had them. It's the color pattern for the ALS ribbon, so I'm keeping them.

I'm not the biggest fan of the staggered tires but I have them and my All seasons will be squared and I'll keep the Summer tires staggered.
The occasionaly auto dimming rearview mirror is an annoyance
The Sound system in a word - SUCKS! The head unit is ok. It's about as intuitive as a brick and you have to take your eyes off the road to change some stations or cycle through every station and input device via the steering wheel to get to the station that was on the previous band.
There is no Bass. its all mids and highs. The tester I was in with the 12 speaker system was no better with the sub. Another reason I didn't want to pay for that option. With the temps cooling off I plan to upgrade the speakers and get some actual quality sound with bass.

After Driving it since April. Yea I would do it again. I smile every time I get in it.

Lancaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang V8 GT Fastback
Probably not particularly relevant as I live in the UK, but over here we donā€™t have a lot of models and options to choose from direct from Ford, so no GT350ā€™s or GT500ā€™s and the like. All we have is EcoBoost, GT V8 or Bullitt, fastback or convertible with a choice of few options and option packs.

I ended up going for a 2020 GT V8 fastback with Custom 2 Pack which I think is equivalent to your Premium, so leather, B&O, digital dash, Sync 3, black 19ā€ wheels, etc. As my car was a cancelled order and thus already built I didnā€™t have the chance to spec it exactly how I wanted, although it was pretty close to what I would have gone for. If Iā€™d had a chance to spec it myself though then I probably would have additionally gone for the magnaride, rear spoiler, black roof and possibly the lucid red paint instead of the velocity blue, although I do really like the blue.

Of course the bonus for going for car already built is that I got a great deal on 0% finance, so you take the rough with the smooth. I can also add aftermarket mods if I want to. Not that Iā€™ll ever go mad as Iā€™m not that type of person, but Iā€™ve already had a mild remap done which boosts low responsiveness more than provide loads more outright power and next month Iā€™ll add the rear spoiler and front parking sensors as inexplicably Ford doesnā€™t offer them from the factory.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I am happy with what I got, stole the car from the dealership, got 30% off sticker. I wanted a few other things like the memory seats, and the Better Shaker system are probably my biggest regret for not getting, but otherwise the Shaker stereo I have is fine, and using the switch to move my seat back to exit is no biggie, but it would have been nice is all...

Lancaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang V8 GT Fastback
I am happy with what I got, stole the car from the dealership, got 30% off sticker. I wanted a few other things like the memory seats, and the Better Shaker system are probably my biggest regret for not getting, but otherwise the Shaker stereo I have is fine, and using the switch to move my seat back to exit is no biggie, but it would have been nice is all...
Another inexplicable thing in the UK is no matter what car and options you go for you canā€™t get memory seats. I just canā€™t fathom this when I know you guys can get it in the US. Quite frustrating really as my wife also drives the car and as sheā€™s a bit shorter than me it means constant faffing around with the seat!

USMCGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 GT PP1, Jeep TJ, Jeep Grand Cherokee , Audi TT
First off I just want to say thanks for having this great forum, I don't know anything about S550's but want to learn as much as I can prior to making a purchase. I've owned a foxbody for about the last 20 years and absolutely love them but these S550's are really starting to grow on me. I had been thinking of doing a coyote swap on my foxbody but once you start adding up all the cost it makes me second guess myself. So as of now my plans are to stick with what I have in the car and look at getting a S550 sometime in the near future.

So if you guys could do it all over again knowing what you know now would you have purchased the same thing or go for something different as far as a used or new one, lower or higher trim package, auto or manual, etc? I'm the type who looks for the best bang for the buck. I try to determine what are the must haves and what can I add later for a cheaper price. I like to mod it myself for the most part with just simple bolt on's. What are the must haves that you guys recommend or wish that you would have got when purchasing the car and what do you wish you would have passed on to later install yourself? My biggest debate is new or used, base model or one with more options and of course manual or auto. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
First time Mustang owner here. I would have ordered active exhaust and magneride.

Sponsored

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Can't say that I would have done anything differently. The upgrades that I have done, (all suspension so far), 2017 GT Premium with PP, have been reasonable in terms of cost, and have yielded the anticipated results. I do track the car periodically and since the car is summer use only, the stiffer, lower ride isn't really an issue.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I have a MT82 and even though itā€™s awesome to drive manual if I did it again I would go with the 10 speed auto most likely or a GT350 at the time a GT500 now.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I like my 2020 gt/cs now, but I wish that the gt500 would have come out sooner and not having adm. I want to boost my car and after reading all the threads talked about boost gt I figured it would cost about the same or more than the Msrp of the gt500.

therefore, when the gt500 starts to come out for next year and the next like the 350 Then the price should start to come down to Msrp or less.
For now if I go with whipple stage 2 competition setup, 1050x injectors, larger heat exchanger, opg, bigger radiator, tune from Lund or pbd, k2 harness, borla exhaust, headers, fore fuel pump system basic for 91 and e85 plus installation. All of these would cost me at least 20k or more plus the cost of my gt/cs Msrp price of over 48k and that would put it at the cost of a Base gt500 Msrp that comes with a warranty.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Wouldn't have bought my 17 GTPP and would've bought one with less than 16k miles over my 16 GTPP.
More than likely I would've just gotten a 350 since I've taken it so far.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
If I could do it all over again I would change nothing. I ordered my car with the exact options I wanted.
Sponsored