Sponsored

GT350R vs EVERYTHING

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
In the end I gave up on my C5 mostly due to head room. It was too uncomfortable with a helmet on.
Smart decision. It sounds like a safety thing to me. Heads and necks don't fare well when they're asked to absorb load and impact.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Lack of manual on the C8 makes it a non starter for me too. If I want to sweat my ass off then I would rather be on my Ducati than in an Atom. But both cars are under 100k and faster.

I went C7 for street/track because it was far more fun to drive on the street vs a gt350. I know you guys disagree but the voodoo is hot garbage on the street if you’re not winding it out.

I’m on the form because I can sell my C7 for 18k less than I picked it up for new and basically pay cash for a Mach 1 from Granger.
It's certainly a different type of engine - I've said it before, if you drive them like an exotic and keep the revs up, even part throttle, they are a blast. If the reason you think the C7 is more fun to drive is because it has more low-end torque...well I cant argue there but IMO, nothing really fun or dramatic happens below 3k on pretty much any car.

mybootsonfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Anyone done a Factory Five cobra, or any cobra replica, with a voodoo? I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I think it might be just the ticket. Then again I live in So Cal and don't really need a car with a roof

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
I’ve been looking at the Backdraft ones myself

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I have a GT350, C7 ZR1, and a 991.2 GT3RS. I have an incoming C8 Z07 and I plan to keep all cars. Each car is unique. I have the MOST fun with GT350 because it is the most playful, most approachable, most forgiving of all cars. GT3RS is a scalpel, it is so precise that it has one purpose, lap times. Its a car that you really want to drive 30-40 miles at a time. The valve train noise wears you down after an hour. Its like driving a cup car with legal plates. I used to have no muffler with sport cats (dundon crack pipe) and after a few weeks I could not tolerate it (although the downshifts that exhaust makes is once in a lifetime experience). Now I have their loud muffler with street headers, still quite a bit louder than stock and spine tingling past 8k rpm. The way that car carries pace at WOT is unparalleled. It doesnt matter how amazing GT350 or ZR1 is, neither can be a GT3 (no offense). The only commonality between GT350 and GT3 (RS) is that they are both N/A. The way GT3 revs so quickly and effortlessly vs how much slower GT350 builds up revs is quite striking when you drive them back to back.

ZR1 is a completely different animal (mine is stick). Close to 20,000 miles on that car (and 10,000 miles on my RS) and I am still scared every drive. It is the most unbalanced, unpredictable, scary car I have ever driven. The sheer acceleration pushes your eyes to the back of your head, much more than a jetliner taking off at 110% throttle (not exaggeration). Even after 20,000 miles, there are times when the tires hook, WOT acceleration beginning 2nd gear does make you dizzy. It has power that is unlike anything else. Where GT350/GT3 feels like in 2nd gear, ZR1 feels that way in 4th gear. It will light up traction control in 5th gear with cold tires in a cold day. Even in summer, it takes 15 minutes of driving before you can exceed 50% throttle in 3rd gear.

Given the above, I still stand by my statement that GT350 is the car that I enjoy the most. Yes its unrefined. Yes it doesnt turn in like the GT3RS or ZR1. No it doesn't have brakes like either. But Its fun even at 3k rpm. Roll down the window and simply hear that sound echo from the forest as the sun sets.
Well said my friend, well said...!!!!!

Sponsored

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone done a Factory Five cobra, or any cobra replica, with a voodoo? I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I think it might be just the ticket. Then again I live in So Cal and don't really need a car with a roof
Not yet, I've done coyotes

1.8t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I had a 2014 Viper TA prior to my R. I actually sold the TA to buy an ACR, but they increased in value so much that they rapidly moved out of reach. I bought the R because I always liked it’s DNA and really wanted to experience the Voodoo. I took it on a drive through the North Ga mountains this past weekend and had a riot. The car is playful, eager, and a ton of fun with the motor barking it’s way through the twisties. That said, I definitely felt the additional weight compared to the Viper and the steering/turn-in wasn’t nearly as sharp or immediate by comparison. Still, the R costs tens of thousands less and to even have characteristics to compare is a testament to Ford. I still plan to purchase an ACR one day, but the R is the perfect substitute until that day comes.

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Viper GT, 2019 GT350R
I was looking into the Ultima RS, but ended up going away from it because I found out how long it would take to get and build. I still think I may end up getting one someday, it definitely has the unique factor and track times.. just looks like you're in for an uncomfortable time

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Just appreciating the car. Not replacing anything :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Are you saying you're tempted? I've had a few Bimmers, and I'm sure it's a serious piece of equipment. Still not tempting to me, especially at that price.
Yeah that price is insane.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I prefer factory five....
I absolutely love my Factory Five. I bought it in Oct '09 and took five years to build it slowly to my taste, which was intended to replicate a "gentleman's S/C racer" from back in the day.

There are lots of guys running Coyotes in their FFRs, but I'm not aware of anyone who's made the Voodoo plunge.

Mine has a mild 347 and a T5, with lots of period-correct touches. It's such an analog car and is a joy to drive - I've racked up almost 18,000 miles since it hit the road.

Siebkens Full Color.jpg
IMG_20150901_195649037_HDR (1).jpg

IMG_20150614_172844286 (1).jpg