Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Well... there's a video on the web somewhere that shows how to do this. Depin the connector shell, slide the nut off over the (now loose) wires, swap the upper mount, put the nut back on and then push the pins back into the connector shell. Easy, if you've got the tools and the experience.

The way I remember it, there's something about the aftermarket upper mounts that requires a new nut to hold the shock. I don't remember the details, but this is tricky because the shock is threaded M11x1.0, which is an oddball size that's not so easy to find. IIRC, the guy that posted the video actually took a smaller nut intended for a different shock (M10x1.0 maybe) and reamed it out and re-tapped it to fit the magride shock.

EDIT: I figured out what the video was about - it was installing Steeda upper shock mounts, and they have a combination nut/sleeve to fill the space in the spherical bearing. That's why the nut had to be reamed and re-tapped - it wasn't a nut, it was a special part.
Good stuff, he did a solid job figuring that out.

I made an attempt at de-pinning and decided I didn’t want to damage the connector since these aren’t sold separate. Though that’s obviously the best way going about releasing those wires Lol. Once I found the proper diameter sleeve with the Steeda mount, reusing the factory nut wasn’t an issue.

If @tj@steeda can provide the nut and sleeve for the Magnaride shaft (which is larger than the non-magnaride), they could just sell that separate as a “kit” for the DIY guys. They won’t have to ask the magnaride owners to disassemble the connector.

Orange Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I recently purchased well over 2k of suspension parts from Steeda as they were having a great fall sale. I am not ready to install yet so can’t comment on how the parts track. I can, however, say that I have received the best customer service I’ve ever received from a car parts company from Steeda. Brian is quick to answer tech questions and steers you away from parts you don’t need for your particular application. This is IMO a huge factor when buying from a company. Others (I won’t name) don’t come close to Steeda in that dept. The other thing that benefits me is I am a four hour drive from Steeda in GA. I will be having all my Steeda parts installed by a Steeda tech at a Steeda facility. I don’t see how I can go 😑

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get any feed back from your team?
I don't see it in my inbox, thanks for the push - let me talk about this during tomorrow's status meeting.

Thank you.

TJ

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
2019 R just hit 2,000 mi when I make the first right from a stop leaving the house..............wheel hop
in the first 10 min if I take off too quick............. wheel hop I can feel it and hear it in the exhaust

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Very curious about wheel hop at low speed/large steering angles/light throttle . . . doesn't seem like that is a condition that would cause what people would call "wheel hop".

OP - do you think maybe you might just be feeling the Torsen differential at work?
I think he's describing the diff? I get a similar feeling on my Bullitt when doing a turn around in my drive way. Back up, turn my wheel full lock then start to pull out and it feels like one of the rear wheels is more bumping long for a bit more than turning. I assumed this was more due to the diff than actual wheel hop.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
With the addition of the hardcore solid bushings, I no longer need their IRS support braces. I just haven't removed them yet
I'd keep these since they also stiffen the chassis.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I went for neither and went with Cortex Racing

Sponsored

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I'd keep these since they also stiffen the chassis.
I'm sure they would only help, but I removed them to cut weight. I haven't felt a difference since removing the IRS braces, but the chassis is so stiff and jarring as it is with all the suspension upgrades.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You removed a chassis support to cut weight? How much weight did you save?

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
You removed a chassis support to cut weight? How much weight did you save?
He was mentioning the Steeda IRS braces that I had added to the rear of the vehicle. It was one of my first mods to help eliminate wheel hop and stiffen the chassis a bit more. Since then I've added solid billet subframe & differential bushings, diff braces, spherical bearings front and back, along with other billet replacement pieces.

I felt it wasn't necessary anymore and removed them. I haven't felt any negative effects since removing. I'll have to take a look at my notes to see if I weighed the 2 IRS pieces.....Steeda claims 11 lbs.

Last edited:

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
@JAJ @galaxy

So I had to replace the magneride shocks and struts due to a rear shock leaking. I decided to de-pin the connector this time since JAJ mentioned there was a video out saying it has been done before. Picked up some tools to de-pin and went at the old shock connector with a Dremel to dissect it. I figured out how it comes apart and was able to perform a much cleaner install this time around....

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2353.JPG

IMG_2354.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2356.JPG

IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

IMG_2362.JPG

IMG_2364.JPG

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Kobi Addiction That's Legit man. I had seen that elsewhere also. Only thing I've been holding out for is a for sure, easy solution for the nut, or whatever needs to be done (don't recall what you did about the different nut size)... @tj@steeda
Sponsored