BMR Jacking rails vs Steeda jacking rails

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
This subject has been covered many times by this site as well as others. My take coming from an old DragRacer. D/S, E/S, H,S and SS/I. I have used BMR products most of my life. At age 79 I no longer race. But I am still able to wrench on my car. The BMR Jacking Rails are the best you can get. They are well made, full length, and they fit. Did I mention they are a breeze to jack up your car?
Listen to anyone, do your own research, But the BMR are the toughest you can buy. And those of us that are troubled by a little added weight. You don't race or track your car everyday. A little extra strength for daily driving is peace of mind.

According to their website, BMR came into existence in 1998. So, the "most of my life" comment really doesn't seem to make much sense.
Liking a company or product is fine. Misrepresenting them to the unknowing isn't.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I used mine again today - BMR is excellent. Other than PPF and black lug nuts, that's the only mod on both of my Rs over the last 6 years.. I bought them twice.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
According to their website, BMR came into existence in 1998. So, the "most of my life" comment really doesn't seem to make much sense.
Liking a company or product is fine. Misrepresenting them to the unknowing isn't.
Jeezzz. Going out of your way to make someones comment absolute? He could have easily meant most of his cars life...or most of his car wrenching life..anything. Try applying a little positivity instead of working hard to interpret things in the worst light possible.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So if the number of years he used BMR was all you took exception with, then you agree with:
The BMR Jacking Rails are the best you can get. They are well made, full length, and they fit. Did I mention they are a breeze to jack up your car? Listen to anyone, do your own research, But the BMR are the toughest you can buy.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
As an alternative, make your own to any spec you wish and save yourself some cash as a bonus :

Finished the stainless jacking rails :like:

I went for (with my reasons) :
  • 304 stainless (good enough for under the car – no issues with scratching / rusting etc).
  • 50 x 30mm section (I wanted them a little lower than the pinch welds).
  • 3mm wall section (I didn’t want to crimp or dent them).
  • 5mm offset for the front holes (to allow for the offset in the frame mounts).
  • 16mm small holes (good wiggle room around the M10’s – still easily covered by the 28mm captive washers.
  • 30mm big holes (to accept the 28mm captive washers / easy size to get blanking plugs).
  • 3mm mounting plates riveted to the underside (no need to trim seam sealer / some air space between the frame / 8mm overall protection for the pinch weld).
  • Stainless rivet’s (just to hold the mounting plates in position relative to the rail during fitment / no chance of electrolytic corrosion with ally rivet’s).
  • Plastic end plugs and hole plugs just to keep the stones out of them.
  • 5mm drain holes at each end of the rail positioned on the outer / lower edges.
  • Both rails are the same length and extended a little at the front.
  • Rails are sized to work with the Steeda IRS braces (which are now coming up on the jobs list).
Overall I am very happy with them and they offer some benefits (to me) compared to the off the shelf offerings – They are sized exactly as I wanted, they should outlast the car and cost me £116 all in (including some spare plugs etc) compared to circa £140 / £175 rrp (+ postage / UK prices) for mild steel offerings from the big names :like:

Final pictures :

Stainless laser cut pads :

4966-CD98-B469-4679-862-B-7373-A26007-B5.jpg

Pads drilled through and countersunk for stainless rivets :

D381251-B-01-EF-4-F88-BFBB-4-D26-B056-EED5.jpg

Pads mounted, original paper templates behind :

BEC8-DA39-E88-A-468-E-A9-BA-ABFE86-BDDBF3.jpg

Ground the internal tubing weld flat where the bolts / washer will clamp :

E294800-C-8-F91-4-A5-F-AF16-C69-E48135-A51.jpg

All done :

BD16688-C-A5-A7-44-B1-815-E-95797-A01-CEDF.jpg

4-D7-FA9-FC-74-C7-4-E09-926-A-59-FB86-C5-AF90.jpg

I have since flushed them through to rid them of debris and give them a scrub up with a 3M pad. They just need the end caps banging in and then bolting under the car, hopefully this weekend if the bolts arrive in time from Ford … :like:

WD :like:

Jacking rails fitted - with a sigh of relief that all the measurements and marking out were OK so I didn’t need to get the die grinder out ... lol

From front to back, the frame rails holes are now used for :
  • 1 to 4 = Jacking rails.
  • 5 & 6 = IRS braces (yet to be fitted).
  • 7 = Spare (supplied empty from ford - now with a OE bolt blanking it off).
Covered the pads in waxoyl before fitment :

6463228-A-112-F-4-AB5-8428-374114788840.jpg

Reused the OE bolts for the rails. Loctite 243 on the threads. Supertrol on the heads. Torqued them to 45 lbft (New OE bolts for the IRS braces and to blank the last set of frame holes) :

620-FC078-EBE0-4053-807-E-903337-CD2-CE1.jpg

Protection for the pinch welds is about 8mm which is exactly what I was after :

3871-D194-B76-C-4-BF5-A5-EA-F6-A344-AAE05-B.jpg

All done, I should have about a 10mm gap from the end of the rail cap to the start of the IRS brace (once they get fitted) :

B9-AA4-E74-436-E-413-C-A5-B2-4182591-AAB63.jpg

I’m pretty sure I have the wall thickness of rails from the big two and I defo have the hole positions etc for anyone interested in making their own :like:

Sponsored

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
So if the number of years he used BMR was all you took exception with, then you agree with:
Unfortunately you are reading into what I wrote. I neither endorsed nor derided BMR's product. It was not what I chose to purchase. And, I will not comment on a product that I have no personal experience with.
What I do have issue with are folks that allude to, or attempt to create a false sense of credibility to influence others. The poster is the one who brought his age into play, and made it seem as if he had been a customer all those years. And, that is the BS I called out.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Let's not split hairs here boys and girls. I never said I had BMR Jacking rails most of my life. What I said was I have used their products MOST of my life. Thanks to Hoosier Daddy for the clarification.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly he was thinking of B&M, now part of Holley? I did some research before I bought the BMR rails and think they are of superior quality.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
19 pages and counting about some tubing and some tabs. :party:
Pathetic ain't it, put some of these bout & girls in a room with 2 ball bearings.

Close the door and come back the next day one will be lost and the other broken.

Sponsored

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Read through this whole thread and Im undecided. Is there a Third option?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Read through this whole thread and Im undecided. Is there a Third option?
There’s Acceletec (CJPP brand), SR Performance and J&M as well. My only experience is with Steeda full length rails and the quality is outstanding. Have held up through several winters now. If you plan on other IRS and suspension upgrades, all the Steeda stuff works together. Same with BMR, all their stuff is designed to work together