Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
I hope eventually someome busts your ass for liable.

Still running around with that PBD taste in your mouth huh?

Biggest clown across M6G and youtube....... Yours truely Wildhorse......

Screenshot_20210614-183432_YouTube.jpg
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I hope eventually someome busts your ass for liable.

Still running around with that PBD taste in your mouth huh?

Biggest clown across M6G and youtube....... Yours truely Wildhorse......
I know everytime you think about me you get a massive raging hardon big boy. Why else are you so obsessed ? Sorry but I don't swing that way cuc. Little pro life tip for you ; get into yoga, and suck your own dick. Have a great life clown.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
I know everytime you think about me you get a massive raging hardon big boy. Why else are you so obsessed ? Sorry but I don't swing that way cuc. Little pro life tip for you ; get into yoga, and suck your own dick. Have a great life clown.
Because youre a whining broken record that never shuts your mouth about the big bad tuners.

1. Not your car.
2. Youve never used PBD.
3. You only know half the story yet act like chicken little. Skies Falling!!

All you do is run around crying slander like a toddler.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
All you do is run around crying slander like a toddler.
I repeat, cause you're too dense to comprehend it the first time ;

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Some thoughts....

1) I don't like the idea that the tuner is responsible unless they deliberately disregard a customer's instructions or make a colossal mistake. I'm responsible for my car. I'll never know as much as a tuner who does it for a living, but the idea that the tuner is some sorta physician and responsible is dumb. You're paying for their expertise and pushing the limits, their expertise isn't infallible.

2) This entire thread guys act like they've never heard of false knock being so irritating that tuners turn it off. Most of the times I've heard of this, it's a bunch of head scratching and searching, only to give up and finally decide to pull the sensors back. MOST of the time, it works and it's truly just something that either can't be found or figured out. I've seen guys swap knock sensors (thinking they're bad or faulty) and chase every creak and rattle they could find. Bottom line is, false knock isn't some unicorn condition. It's actually pretty common. And in some cases, the owner gets so frustrated and chomping at the bit, the only solution is honestly to turn them back and see how the car runs. But that's always been with a giant warning from the tuner like "your call."

3) Having said 2 above, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it on pump gas. That's me. The biggest problem with pushing the limits on pump gas is even with additives, there's just no way to verify the quality of fuel. It only takes one bad batch of fuel, on a hot day, and you're frownie face. And that bad batch of fuel can be a crooked station owner, a mistake by the fuel delivery guy, whatevs. That and every time you fill up with 93, you have the "last pump" issue, which chances are is someone filling on 87, cause unlike E they share the same hose/nozzle. At least with E you can get a crude sense of what you're putting in your tank. And octane booster isn't the answer to all prayers.

4) There has to be a way of rolling back the knock sensors without giving up the log/data. Some of the tuner gurus can chime in but there's usually tell tale signs of false knock vs real knock (i.e. when it comes on and how much, etc). If I was going to roll back the protection, I'd still want to watch it like a hawk just to be sure and if it ever started behaving more like real knock, pause and re-evaluate.

I think the lessons learned here are A) don't push it on pump and don't think booster is an infallible safety net, just accept given power limits on pump or at the very least, recognize you're rolling the dice if you run lots of timing B) If you want more power and you want to be about that life, get a bigger motor or accept that you'll have to get race fuel or E85 from the nearest locale or C85 by the drum. C) I wouldn't feel comfortable running 21.5 degrees and 850rwhp on pump gas even if there was no knock detected at all. It's just asking for a motor rebuild.
Gawd damn son. Somebody should sticky this shit! Or at least make it required reading.:like:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What a wild ride this thread is, lol. My 2 cents. There's several factors that led to this outcome. I doubt PBD disabled the knock sensors, they likely just dialed down the sensitivity somewhat. Making that kind of power on pump gas is definitely optimistic, so that wasn't helping the situation. The plugs look OK, some staining from boostane which tends to turn everything orange. But the engine tear down definitely shows some combination of detonation and pre ignition, which is interesting that it never showed up on the logs. I'm not sure on the aluminator head bolt situation, but gen 2 blocks typically have the weaker 11mm head studs which may be more prone to lift under this type of power. Not my area of expertise.

Overall we can jerk off and speculate all day, but the solution is simple. Either make less power, or use a better fuel. I also don't support doubling the power on a car you're still making payments on, but I don't say that with any judgment. It's just that when a situation like this arises, it makes life more difficult.

OP
OP
stang17

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I feel like I opened Pandora's box lol

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
What a wild ride this thread is
Yeah . Still, any tuner big name, no name, mediocre name, should never give a tune that based on a random stating 'it comes out to 'xx' octane unless it's proven and tested consistently. IE: race fuel/E85, or some stations are consistent E70. If some people are too stupid to see the merit in that, sobeit.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Yeah . Still, any tuner big name, no name, mediocre name, should never give a tune that based on a random stating 'it comes out to 'xx' octane unless it's proven and tested consistently. IE: race fuel/E85, or some stations are consistent E70. If some people are too stupid to see the merit in that, sobeit.
not questioning, or doubting you...but we haven’t heard from the tuner in this regard (unless I missed it) so its all bullshit until/unless that happens, jus sayin :wink:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
not questioning, or doubting you...but we haven’t heard from the tuner in this regard (unless I missed it) so its all bullshit until/unless that happens, jus sayin :wink:
Lol. You'll never hear a reply other than blame the OP. From any tuner. Those are facts.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Going after me on YouTube now lol.

OP
OP
stang17

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Just received the quote today on repairs. It is what it is.

Screenshot_20210616-122008_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210616-121820_Gallery.jpg