Aluminator Failure

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Knock is not a mythical creature. A setup can be created to find the source of the sound. I haven’t chased knock in many years but before the smart days(GN days), microphones were used to find it. For the coyote it looks like the knock frequency should be around 6.18khz. Putting a few microphones on the engine and exhaust would get you a pretty good indication of where the sound was coming from and what particular sound was causing the overlap.
I agree something has to be causing it. The car has 85k hard miles on it. Every last bit of it could be a little loose and rattling. I'll make you the same offer. Feel free to come throw money at it to find the cause. Or better yet, bring a microphone and have at it. 😁 I've ran through it long enough it's not worth chasing anymore. When the time comes to replace any new major components, I'll switch tunes and check for knock. Until then I'm good. Az gas sucks dick anyway so I was already running boostane and meth before my knock issues for insurance. Only thing I changed was uping the boostane per tank.
Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Glad it's back together for you.

The pcmtech software looks amazing. Fingers crossed they get competitive with hptuners pricing like they are in AUS. Why not have your bud tune it?

At 8psi, and 4oz boostane pro my tune will add up to 20.5ish degrees above 5k. 10psi it drops to 19 to 19.5 degrees. Haven't uncapped things to see if it will add more. This is what roush allowed on their tune though

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
me reading through this whole thread at work

👁👄👁
Sponsored