aluminator with a supercharger

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
The reason is because top fuel must use a highly inefficient 14-71 Roots supercharger that needs to be overdriven to the high Heavens, like 60-65 psi on Nitromethane. So The engines static compression ratio is really a moot point. Plus nitro carries its own oxygen so there is no conceivable reason to compare it to an 9.5:1 aluminator.
I don’t think I’d go so far as to call 10,000+ hp from a 500” motor inefficient, but ok.
Sponsored

Frank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Kona Blue A10
Well I know my engine is hurt and after reading all the good and bad stories I have decided to get an aluminator 12:1 short block and be done so we shall see. Got a good price and will be ordering local Monday.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well I know my engine is hurt and after reading all the good and bad stories I have decided to get an aluminator 12:1 short block and be done so we shall see. Got a good price and will be ordering local Monday.
This is most likely the route I will go when the time comes. Please post up when it is all together. I’m curious to hear if there will be any notable difference between stock and aluminator aside from the obvious

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Personally I would just order a stock gen3 for $1800 and Mahle drop in pistons $800 but nothing bad to say about the aluminator except price. Want to sell your old engine ?

Frank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Vehicle(s)
Personally I would just order a stock gen3 for $1800 and Mahle drop in pistons $800 but nothing bad to say about the aluminator except price. Want to sell your old engine ?
Thanks and I did get a stock gen 3 which i'm selling and BTY the price went up sense last Monday at least at my dealer by a little over three hundred dollars. Anyway I also got the Aluminator at a good price for me. Selling the new stock block and keeping my core

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I see the drop-in 12/1 pistons in the mahle catalog, assuming these are the aluminator pistons. However, I don’t see the 9.5/1 aluminator SC pistons listed. Do you know a part number for these?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I see the drop-in 12/1 pistons in the mahle catalog, assuming these are the aluminator pistons. However, I don’t see the 9.5/1 aluminator SC pistons listed. Do you know a part number for these?
I have never seen them. I email Mahle so we will see

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
when you swap the aluminator short block in are you able to fire up the same whipple tune as when you had the stock engine? basically is it like a 1 to 1 swap in everything else stays the same

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
when you swap the aluminator short block in are you able to fire up the same whipple tune as when you had the stock engine? basically is it like a 1 to 1 swap in everything else stays the same
Yes.

Frank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Vehicle(s)
[/QUOT

Sponsored

Frank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Vehicle(s)
Yes the tune is the Whipple tune even today with headers.

Frank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Vehicle(s)
Yes nothing changed. Still on Whipple tune even with long tubes and no issues.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Yes nothing changed. Still on Whipple tune even with long tubes and no issues.
Same here, went from stock shortblock to aluminator 12-1 and tune didnt need change. The shortblock is quieter than my OEM shortblock , no tapping even without ceratec.
Sponsored