Sponsored

aluminator with a supercharger

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Anyone have a low compression aluminator motor with a supercharger? If so, how much power at the wheel, who tuned it, any issues? How much abusive can this motor take on a regular basis.. track days pulls on the street etc etc. I really want to sleeve it and O ring my block but... it costs so much. If I could make 900 at the wheel with the aluminator block without issues I'll be satisfied. Is 900 wheel pushing it with the aluminator motor?
Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I read somewhere Ford rates this motor at a max of 1,200 hp.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
But why low compression?
I was told the lower compression the safer you'll be. More life out of the motor. I'll still be switching back between 93 and E85. I'll have to run more boost with a lower compression but I'll be safer... thats what I was told. I still like to daily my car at times and take long distance trips.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I was told the lower compression the safer you'll be. More life out of the motor. I'll still be switching back between 93 and E85. I'll have to run more boost with a lower compression but I'll be safer... thats what I was told. I still like to daily my car at times and take long distance trips.
Instead of looking a static compression, look at dynamic compression. With the high tuneability of the cams you don't need to hamper yourself with a low SCR motor just to be safe.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Don't fall for the low compression boomer talk.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Instead of looking a static compression, look at dynamic compression. With the high tuneability of the cams you don't need to hamper yourself with a low SCR motor just to be safe.
Correct!

Don't fall for the low compression boomer talk.
Hopefully he wont but there are some google engineers here that say its safer & faster to do 18psi on 93 and 9.5:1 compression.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Yea it’s definitely not the popular opinion of this board, but the FACTs don’t lie.

This is fact, both from theoretical and practical standpoints:

For any given power or torque level, lower compression ratio will reduce peak stresses on the engine reciprocating parts. This is indisputable.

The Predator is 9.5/1 and yet performs extremely well even on E85, and the 2018 Cobra Jet is 9.7/1 even though it specifically designed by Ford for C16 fuel. Ford also specifies the 9.5/1 aluminator for supercharged applications and 11/1 for NA. Meh....what do they know...probably just a bunch of “google engineers” right? More food for thought is the 660 hp 3.5 liter Ford GT supercar is 9.0/1 compression. Ford’s engineers are probably just stuck in “old school” thinking right?

It is also true that for the same boost and spark values, a drop in compression will lose power and torque, 3-5% per compression number. This means that you will have to raise boost about 2 psi to break even when dropping from 11/1 to 9.5/1. Resulting engine stresses will be lower. Also keep in mind it will likely require some tuning. The torque and speed density models will undoubtedly need recalibration.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
This is getting good.:punch:
I’m waiting for someone to build a 9:1 motor and throw 25psi to make 900whp....but it’s a little easier to type away online and talking about shelbys.