Sponsored

Sound tube Delete

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I rarely open the hood and I just dont have enough motivation to remove the sound tube.....LOL
Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
m good then, my car has four additional horns plus the oem dual set, all hidden. :)

The six horn total is a blast! :like:

Please send pictures of the horns and how you installed them.

thanks

CVCashmere

moosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
Well in a covert. there is no difference.
I'm going to disagree with you, at least on my 'verts. I think the difference is subtle. On my '13, the way I noticed it was when I accelerated to highway speed with the radio speed compensation set to 4 or 5 (I forget the exact number). With the sound tube, the radio volume sounded normal as speed increased. But when I removed the sound tube, I found the radio was blasting at highway speed, and I had to reduce the compensation.

On my '18 vert, I noticed an annoying "pfft..pfft..pfft" kind of sound when the engine was under load like going up a grade. When I shut it off with the irrigation valve option, that annoying sound went away.

As they say, your mileage may vary.

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I removed mine. What you do or don't hear depends on a lot of things including your hearing. I noticed a slight difference after removal that I didn't hear certain sounds which I didn't like. I have the 10r80 and the sounds would be there when I gave light throttle with no downshift or just before the downshift.

Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
I'm going to disagree with you, at least on my 'verts. I think the difference is subtle. On my '13, the way I noticed it was when I accelerated to highway speed with the radio speed compensation set to 4 or 5 (I forget the exact number). With the sound tube, the radio volume sounded normal as speed increased. But when I removed the sound tube, I found the radio was blasting at highway speed, and I had to reduce the compensation.

On my '18 vert, I noticed an annoying "pfft..pfft..pfft" kind of sound when the engine was under load like going up a grade. When I shut it off with the irrigation valve option, that annoying sound went away.

As they say, your mileage may vary.
I did not notice much difference.

DerekDeeter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, MT82 300A, 2001 BMW 330Ci, 1993 F150, 1972 V8 Pinto
Removed mine with a $10 kit from Ebay. Big improvement in attenuating the clicking and clacking probably mostly from direct injection on the '18. Was kind of a pain getting that nut on the firewall off since the stud seems like it's an inch long and it's pretty crowded in there - but doable from underneath, at least on the base model.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
That is hilarious! It sounds like a small train especially at a little distance. Not something I would spend the time on doing but double kudos to you!:like:

MPotter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I am just curious how many have done sound Tube delete on your GT
What does it do ...?
Any benefits ..?
Or just a dumb question..?
First thing I did when I got my '15 GT home.
What does it do? Nothing, but clutter up the engine bay...
Any benefits? Yeah, more room in the engine bay. Less clutter. Less stupid.
Dumb question? No, not at all. It's a dumb answer to a question no one should ever have asked. Right up there with the speakers inside the car playing engine sounds... Really, that's more WTF than the sound tube!

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I'm tired of looking at mine but lost a delete kit I had. It is useless clutter.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I got rid of mine. It definitely made a slight decrease in the noise in the cabin. Looks better without it too.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I didn't "delete" it but I plugged the hole on the intake and just stuck it over the plug. Sound wise? I like it better. It's not really more quiet, just sounds less unnatural. My buddy even asked what I did to make my car sound better. I guess it's preference. All it really did was add an artificial sound to the front of the dash that sounds similar to the exhaust, just not subdued by the cabin.

The two big benefits I noticed were that my car hesitated less going into first gear, and my ears don't pop above 50 mph with the windows down. The latter bugged the crap out of me for the longest time. My left ear would pop as if I only had the driver window down. Removed the sound tube and no more popping... so dumb. But my ears have always been extremely sensitive so this is probably not a shared problem.
Sponsored