Sponsored

Sound tube delete - how to remove clamp??

southwestheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe 10A 401A 19" 3.55 B&O
I've watched as many videos as I can but can't figure out the factory clamp that secures the sound tube to the intake.

The videos all glazed over this part.

Once the pliers are on the metal tab on the factory clamp on the intake side, then what? I've pulled on it pretty hard but it won't budge and I don't want to break anything.

What exactly is the motion once you've pinched the metal tab with the pliers? So far, pulling on it just slowly rotates the entire tube.
E627111C-E573-410C-8D29-067E4FAE10B4.jpeg
Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I've pointed out the 2 pins you need to squeeze together.

Then the clamp loosens up and you can pull it same way as the arrows point

EDIT: I've made a quick drawing in paint which shows the clamp how it looks and how it expands a little when the pins are squeezed against each other. Hope it makes sense :D

vmHcpfq.jpg

9CdQm3E.png

Last edited:
OP
OP

southwestheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've pointed out the 2 things you need to squeeze together.

Then the clamp loosens up and you can pull it same way as the arrows point

EDIT: I've made a quick drawing in paint which shows the clamp how it looks and how it expands a little when the pins are squeezed against each other. Hope it makes sense :D

vmHcpfq.jpg

9CdQm3E.png
Thank you, sir!

Now to remove the tube without loosening the firewall bolt...

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
@southwestheat You're welcome!

Yes there should be the yank-it-out trick where you just rip it out and let the bolt sit in it. When I'm removing it on my GT when it finally gets build I'll work my way in and get the nut off too.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Yup now just yank that thing out. It’s a pain and will take a bit but that’s what I did and plug up that hole.

Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Squeeze until it clicks, CHECK.

I was patient and endured the screw in the coil pack digging into my forearm and removed the Suess-a-phone carefully in case, of some error in the Timeline, that it and all the other OEM parts, speakers, amps and such, become expensive some day.
20200524_104100.jpg

OP
OP

southwestheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks all, with a lot of wiggling and elbow grease it does pop out.

Took it for a spin around the block and wow!

The first thing I thought of was how nice it is to only have exhaust noise from the rear. No more 2k rpm loud drone coming from the front.

My second thought was how in the world so many people reviewing this delete kit say they don't notice any difference at all. I almost didn't buy it because so many people on forums and product reviews say it didn't do anything.

I don't get that, unless they thought noise was also going to be suppressed elsewhere.

Anyway, glad I did it!

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad the clamps are one time use?, if they could be unclamped, the tube could be dismantled partially and plugged so it can be put back to stock someday, but I guess it all is one piece.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I've watched as many videos as I can but can't figure out the factory clamp that secures the sound tube to the intake.

The videos all glazed over this part.

Once the pliers are on the metal tab on the factory clamp on the intake side, then what? I've pulled on it pretty hard but it won't budge and I don't want to break anything.

What exactly is the motion once you've pinched the metal tab with the pliers? So far, pulling on it just slowly rotates the entire tube.
E627111C-E573-410C-8D29-067E4FAE10B4.jpeg
I just ripped the thing out . leave the clamp on, start yanking pretty hard from the firewall to you, and it will break off. Job done. Stick a gromet in the hole of the firewall

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
soooo.. to people doing this if you do not want to rip the tube off. instructions to remove it are in the new ford performance calibrations kit. You have to take the front drivers wheel off. Then remove the lining of the wheel well and then the hose into the firewall and bolt are right there easy to take out. Or just yank it out :) its what I did.

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vice grips to squeeze clamp and pull tube off intake. Then yank tube out of firewall, which takes very little effort. No need to overcomplicate things.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Nicely done.

I am often amazed at individuals that do stuff like this, themselves. Knowing me, I would try this, then flipping brake something that would then cost me a fortune to have repaired.
Now, give me a PC to take apart, and that is another story...
Sponsored