Sound tube Delete

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Might be late to the thread but I also removed mine a few weeks ago. I know lots of people said they could not hear a difference but in my 19' I saw a drastic change in where the sound was coming from. With the tube installed, it felt more front biased or possibly more of a surround feeling. After removal I definitely hear it from the rear which is where it should be. Could be wrong but that's how I hear it. I also noticed my audio was much clearer if I was listening to something.
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Remember the sound a built 289 with Edelbrock Performer, a vac secondary 4150 holly sounded like when you mashed the loud peddle? I like to hear the intake open up and hear 5 liters of air get sucked into the engine and have it throw your dumb ass into the seat, or something.

Edit: what I am saying is, you don't hear it unless you stomp on the peddle at speed, like passing someone. Then it isn't much, but you are doing 130 and need to clam TF down.

Last edited:

Beezpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Might be late to the thread but I also removed mine a few weeks ago. I know lots of people said they could not hear a difference but in my 19' I saw a drastic change in where the sound was coming from. With the tube installed, it felt more front biased or possibly more of a surround feeling. After removal I definitely hear it from the rear which is where it should be. Could be wrong but that's how I hear it. I also noticed my audio was much clearer if I was listening to something.
I had the same experience. Although I did not actually remove it, i disconnected it at the air intake, and put a cap on the intake and a plug in the tube. Audio did not change for me, still poor quality, very tinny.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I had the same experience. Although I did not actually remove it, i disconnected it at the air intake, and put a cap on the intake and a plug in the tube. Audio did not change for me, still poor quality, very tinny.
I have the B&O which isn't the worlds greatest system but it's fine. I think the removal of sound from the front just made things sound slightly more crisp since they were not competing with the sound tube. Could all be in my mind though.

Beezpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have the B&O which isn't the worlds greatest system but it's fine. I think the removal of sound from the front just made things sound slightly more crisp since they were not competing with the sound tube. Could all be in my mind though.
Car sounds so much better without the sound tube. It is a really dumb idea IMO, the exhaust sounds so sweet. Now if i could just get rid of the darned ticking sound, i would be very happy. Maybe thats why they have the sound tube, so you won't focus on the ticking sound coming from the engine compartment.:frown: just kidding....mostly...

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Car sounds so much better without the sound tube. It is a really dumb idea IMO, the exhaust sounds so sweet. Now if i could just get rid of the darned ticking sound, i would be very happy. Maybe thats why they have the sound tube, so you won't focus on the ticking sound coming from the engine compartment.:frown: just kidding....mostly...
Fortunately I have never heard the tick in my car and I don't have a sound tube so I must have done something right. To bad I still can't win the lotto.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Just deleted my sound tube this weekend.

No difference that I can tell, but I have the "Wake The Dead Exhaust Special" catback so there's that.

Also, my car bangs, ticks, and generally sounds like the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade coming down the street. All normal, according to Ford.

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
deleted mine yesterday , well capped the Intake side anyway until I get more work to be done to justify the engine cover and brace removal. I only have a drop in air filter but noticed the cabin sound shift from all around me to Strickly in the back of the car. Its not really quieter but does come across that way due to the shift in sound direction. I like it more now as I feel like I lost a little hum/drone sound from the floorboard area and crisped up the exhaust tone inside the car.

Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
FORD, I'll trade the sound tube (official name: sound symposer) for hood struts !!!!!
That's a briliant idea! - though I don't think Ford thinks the same, haha

When my MY2020 arrives it is going to be removed right away when installing the driver side JLT oil catch can.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
If your going to struts, remove prop rod immediately so it does mar radiator cover. I had struts in as soon as car made it home! Tube (and engine cover) came out soon after!

Beezpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That's a briliant idea! - though I don't think Ford thinks the same, haha

When my MY2020 arrives it is going to be removed right away when installing the driver side JLT oil catch can.
Maybe they could throw in the missing horn.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
If your going to struts, remove prop rod immediately so it does mar radiator cover. I had struts in as soon as car made it home! Tube (and engine cover) came out soon after!
Same here! as soon as I get home with the car I will put in struts! The engine cover is going to stay though... I like the "Powered by Ford"... I know, I know... it's an unpopular opinion just as pineapple on pizza (which I also like) but I think the cover is better looking than the intake manifold

The list when I get the car home from the dealer:
- X-pipe
- JLT oil catch can both sides (will delete the sound tube)
- Highflow filter
- Hood struts
- Tower brace

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Same here! as soon as I get home with the car I will put in struts! The engine cover is going to stay though... I like the "Powered by Ford"... I know, I know... it's an unpopular opinion just as pineapple on pizza (which I also like) but I think the cover is better looking than the intake manifold

The list when I get the car home from the dealer:
- X-pipe
- JLT oil catch can both sides (will delete the sound tube)
- Highflow filter
- Hood struts
- Tower brace
I like the cover as well so there are two of us LOL. But I would not waste money on a driver side catch can on these engines. After watching many videos and reading much feedback this engine just doesn't need one on driver side. People run them for months and there is nothing in them. To be honest with the 18-20 coyote duel fuel delivery there is debate if catch cans are even necessary on these engines. Just food for thought. Enjoy your new baby :)
Sponsored