Sound tube Delete

IrishStallion

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
This sound tube is way over blown imo. I have ridden in deleted and non deleted and the actual difference is pretty minimal. Lol...

Advertisement

HoosierDaddy

Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Linkster1666

Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion it does sound better, no "wall of sound" crap that the 70s made popular.

I knew of taking the inner fender well off, just more work to do, so I didn't.

Oh and I have one that is complete, so in 50 years when everyone is looking for them to complete a restore, more $ for whomever gets it.

Coosawjack

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
The dipstick is easier but still not GOOD!!:curse:

Actually I never heard my Sound Tube since I always had the exhaust on "Sport" or "Track"!!:rockon:

MikeyTX

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Velocity Blue GT 2020 Rapid Red ST Explorer
Installing a CAI solves the issue.

Rapid Red

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed>GT PP2 >RXCAIL2
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion it does sound better, no "wall of sound" crap that the 70s made popular.

I knew of taking the inner fender well off, just more work to do, so I didn't.

Oh and I have one that is complete, so in 50 years when everyone is looking for them to complete a restore, more $ for whomever gets it.

LMAO me too ......

Removed after seven hundred miles, nut not included. Special pricing for the numbers crowd

ice445

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Okay so I got around to removing mine, and wow it makes a large difference. For one thing, the exhaust is a lot quieter with the windows up, especially in certain RPM ranges. Secondly, with those certain engine frequencies gone, my music volume magically increased by possibly double? Seriously, I can hear my music at a way lower volume, even cruising on the highway with the windows cracked. Maybe it's just the type of music I tend to listen to, but that intake noise was cutting all sorts of it down without me ever realizing it. The car in general is much quieter in highway driving, and feels much better insulated overall if you have the windows up.

I guess that's the main thing about this, most of the noise that's gone must not really be in the audible frequency range, it's almost like white noise with the exception of the extra exhaust note that comes in with it. The car feels less "powerful" as a result with all that generic noise gone, but overall I think I prefer it. Also, throttle response improved like 1% on my manual car. Perceptible, but only just. Which makes sense, there's only a small amount of air going into that first portion of the tube and reverberating against all the baffles and such. Redirecting it to the throttle where it should be going gives just that little bit extra.

Also, if anyone reads this who is thinking about doing it, don't bother trying to go through the fender well behind the liner, there's so much tubing and crap going through there I don't see how it's any easier than going from the top. Or, just doing big brain time and giving it a yank.

Coosawjack

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Hmmmmm.......I couldn't tell a thing except the engine bay looked better and I could get to the damn dip stick better!!:sunglasses:

moosestang

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
Okay so I got around to removing mine, and wow it makes a large difference. For one thing, the exhaust is a lot quieter with the windows up, especially in certain RPM ranges. Secondly, with those certain engine frequencies gone, my music volume magically increased by possibly double? Seriously, I can hear my music at a way lower volume, even cruising on the highway with the windows cracked. Maybe it's just the type of music I tend to listen to, but that intake noise was cutting all sorts of it down without me ever realizing it. The car in general is much quieter in highway driving, and feels much better insulated overall if you have the windows up.
I noticed this also when I pulled the tube on my '13. The first time I drove at highway speed, the speed compensated volume control cranked up the volume to an uncomfortable level. But that's apparently what was needed to overcome the pumped in noise when the tube was still connected. Had to cut back the speed compensator down a few notches.

Deleted member 35786

I want to plug my intake and then install tube, what plugs did you all use?

Advertisement

15 - Steeda - 1

Advertisement