SCCA CAM-C Thread

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
There are other free tools to adjust a setup to improve that kind of problem like pressures, shock compression and rebound, alignment, & rake. Did you try any of those?
All field adjustments were made. I’m going to also increase my rear camber from -2 to -2.8, but considering how much of a pain it is to adjust, I have trouble calling it “free”.
Sponsored

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
Has anyone run the new Continental 200 TW's? How do they compare to the falkens and Yok's? I can get a set in 315/30/19s for ~$1300, but haven't met anyone first hand running them yet.
I am running them on my Mach 1. I don't do auto-x, but have about 4 hours of road course abuse on them so far and really like them. They are down about 1mm and do not feel any signs of heat cycling yet.

They are an endurance tire and live up to that. My favorite thing about them is that the grip is always on and consistent...not really any need to get heat in the tire to maximize grip. I was told they are about a second or two slower than the cup 2, but I have beaten my personal best by a little over a second and have been able to stay in that time slot pretty consistently...so I am not totally sure how true that is.

Ive never run the Falkens or Yoks, but compared to the Cup 2, they are not quite as "snappy" on turn in, but they still feel responsive. My guess is these will last 2-3 times longer than the Cup 2 and seem to be way more durable and resistant to heat cycling/getting "greasy".

20220520_161412-1.jpg

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
All field adjustments were made. I’m going to also increase my rear camber from -2 to -2.8, but considering how much of a pain it is to adjust, I have trouble calling it “free”.
I hear ya on that one. I put on the AAD camber arms for this year and they are great so far. Once you get a 'known' camber w/toe setting to make a small change from there is as simple as swap in a different tab to move it where you want then reset toe. So much easier.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I haven't ran much at all this year but did an event Sat with tons of runs as well. I switched between a Steeda RSB to GT PP RSB at the lunch break and it wasn't that dramatic of a change for me. The car became less edgy and more fun to drive but I still had to be careful with the amount of throttle with either bar due to the level of grip from dead BFGs and a slippery asphalt lot.
At one point I ran the RARB disconnected. It gives really good grip, but didn't care for quick direction changes. If one spent some time playing with springs/dampers, it might be made work well. End of the day, I don't think the RARB change will transform the car, but it does act in a predictable manner to tune it.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Rear camber adjustment went super easy. I didn’t even install the adjusters I purchased. Left side was maxed at -2.65. Right side I used a quick grip between the wall and the brake rotor to fine tune the angle and it worked very well. I highly recommend this approach and consider it a breakthrough innovation for S550 alignments.

Edit: Has anyone had fuel starve issues and at what tank level? I think I might have gotten fuel starve at like 7/16 a tank last week. Which was a surprise to me. It seemed to go away with smoother driving.

Last edited:
Reactions: kz

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Edit: Has anyone had fuel starve issues and at what tank level? I think I might have gotten fuel starve at like 7/16 a tank last week. Which was a surprise to me. It seemed to go away with smoother driving.
Only on track (seems to require a sustained left sweeper), and at closer to 1/8th tank.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
That's almost half a tank - I routinely ran at around a quarter and never had an issue that I've noticed.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Texas region divisional runs @ Beeville. This is a really fun concrete site.

Day 1 (dirty, but see if you can spot where)

Day 2

These (woulda coulda) been good enough for a ~top 4 finish in PAX for the event against some heavy competition. Instead I fought hard on Day 2 to salvage a 3rd place CAMC trophy, and after Day 1's mistakes, I felt pretty good about that.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Texas region divisional runs @ Beeville. This is a really fun concrete site.
is there a reason auto-cross tracks seem to be just out and back with almost no long corners to speak of and composed primarily of weaves? Lack of space (width)? Granted motorcycle gymkhana is a bit extreme but surely something scaled for big, fat cars could be put together?

The BBC Top Gear 'circuit' seems rather more a useful skills test, no?

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
is there a reason auto-cross tracks seem to be just out and back with almost no long corners to speak of and composed primarily of weaves? Lack of space (width)? Granted motorcycle gymkhana is a bit extreme but surely something scaled for big, fat cars could be put together?
But it's not for big fat cars. It's for literally for anything, starting with shifter karts (and in the past - junior karts). Also - there are very few sites left in the country of the size that would allow it and max speeds are meant to be limited - so people only wreck their cars only every once in a while rather than all the time.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

The BBC Top Gear 'circuit' seems rather more a useful skills test, no?
Top speeds for most cars should be kept around 60mph (for faster cars/drivers its more like 70), so that limits the sweeper angles you can use on an autox course layout, and few open lots have the sheer size to allow for unique course layouts every event. Big fields of flat concrete are expensive to build.

This particular site has two big pads we’ve used. This one has a couple forced 180 turnarounds because runways. The other is a bigger rectangle but its getting some repairs.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
But it's not for big fat cars. It's for literally for anything, starting with shifter karts (and in the past - junior karts). Also - there are very few sites left in the country of the size that would allow it and max speeds are meant to be limited - so people only wreck their cars only every once in a while rather than all the time.
I would add to this, it's meant to level the playing field between the big V-8's and the Miata's as well. The only car that I have known to really suffer at these courses is the Charger/Challenger (I had a Hellcat Widebody, and it was brutal in the slalom).

Those cars really are meant for doing donuts in intersections during a "takeover":wink:

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
Top speeds for most cars should be kept around 60mph (for faster cars/drivers its more like 70), so that limits the sweeper angles you can use on an autox course layout, and few open lots have the sheer size to allow for unique course layouts every event. Big fields of flat concrete are expensive to build.

This particular site has two big pads we’ve used. This one has a couple forced 180 turnarounds because runways. The other is a bigger rectangle but its getting some repairs.
Beeville was enjoyable this time for me. The addition of the rear spoiler was confidence inspiring, and I'm no where near the limit of the car. I ended up in 8th of 10. At the same site at the tour, I was 10 secs out of 1st, 6 seconds the first day, and 4 the second. This time I was under 4 seconds out of first, total. We also had a final fun run for our fourth run, day two, and I pulled another 1.3 seconds off my best time when letting the car do it's thing. That run was only 1.7 secs off NightmareMoon's top time of the CAMC day. I'm still knocking at least a second a run off, which tells me I have no clue what the car's potential is yet.

No vids, as GoPro is ticking me off with their pathetic engineering grasp on the bluetooth network stack connecting their own peripherals. Did some from outside the car which the S/O took. I'll see if I can get ahold of those.

Be working on the front splitter now, and see how that helps. Kind of fun adding one thing at a time, and seeing what it adds.

I'm also going to try a little thinner setup with 10-10.5 inch 18's, with 295/40 Falkens. I got a couple cheap, so might as well try it. I'll put some rains on these wheels later to take to Nats.
IMG_6104.JPG

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Speaking of speeds - Bristol Pro - 30 second long courses and I'm riding limiter (72 mpg) for 3 seconds... Shift into 3rd resulted in going into a slalom at 76 and a bit of a disaster.
Sponsored