Sponsored

SCCA ESP Thread

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Good luck and safe travels, man! I'm headed in a few minutes to my favorite alignment rack for some tweaks then wait on the time to hit the road for Lincoln.

Hope you get things sorted in time but I think you like the adversity, haha :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I can't wait for Pro finale/ Nats

We will install my suspension, and get everything working good.

:cheers:

Simmons

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just in case you haven't thought of it...I remember you posting about having to make custom front end links due to clearance issues between the JRZ strut and sway bar. Don't forget those with the swap into Dennis' car.

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just in case you haven't thought of it...I remember you posting about having to make custom front end links due to clearance issues between the JRZ strut and sway bar. Don't forget those with the swap into Dennis' car.
Yep,....already thought about it.

Thanks,

Simmons

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So what is out there for front and rear control arm bushings that are st/sp legal?
Not much. In SP you could upgrade to the PP arms with the sphericals but that's about it that I'm aware of. There are two bushings, well three, I'd like to change to spherical or solid in the rear but obviously not legal.

I suspect the reason there isn't a poly or delrin alternative to the knuckle toe link and control arm rubbery ones is because spherical is the 'right' solution.

rocket71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Hello! Any updates? I am in discussions with Strano regarding the possible 18x12" offsets for my build. How is the build going?

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
ESP build is dead and gone.

blew engine up (OPG) on the way to day 1 @ nats (after simmons put a bunch of time on everyone @ the finale in my car, on undersized and dying 315s - i was a few tenths up on eric and even with maier and his CP beast at the TnT on the fresh 335/12 setup fwiw - that's right, i'm the TnT champ in my mind, gotta take something from the experience, lol), and finally got sick of cam bolt toe/camber settings in the rear after i got the car back up and running a few months ago.

too bad, the car (especially on the JRZ setup vs. MCS) was dialed. fully invested in CAM now, and not looking back. have fun, no reason a well-driven and setup S550 wouldn't gap the field IMO. you and mark (stevens) will have fun battling if you go all the way on prep.

Sponsored

rocket71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Would it be possible to talk with you about your setup? I have been talking to Strano but feel you might be the best to answer a few questions. If you won't mind shooting me an email, rocket71 gmail.com

MStevens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Listed in the classifieds with pics... but In case someone wasn't intending to look for a deal in a completed ESP car...

2016 Mustang GT Full ESP/CAM Build

1400 miles

All OEM parts included

2nd at Nationals in 2016 (should have been a win 100% driver error)

Won multiple national events...( Free Hoosiers)

Car is really really quick and drives extremely well.

Working too much to use it and it sitting in the garage is only making me angry.

Ohio

29,999$

I know this is a "community" of people here so ask anyone that knows the car.. the price staring with a "2" is ridiculous.

I am not a collector type...I love cars but only for their function, if I'm not using it I don't want it.

This is however the LAST EDIT; I will put it in storage and just not look at it until I can use it. (Or it' an antique)

This is just A quick list of parts... it's not comprehensive... car is over 500 RWHP...

Headers ARH 3" LT Catless X-Pipe
CAI AirRaid GT
Axle Back MagnaFlow Black Race
Intake Manifold Ford Performance GT350
Throttle Body Ford Performance GT350
Injectors Ford Performance 1050cc
Rear Cradle Bushing BMR Red
Rear Diff Bushings BMR Red
Motor Mounts BMR GT
Shock Tower Brace Ford Performance GT 350 Alum
Shocks / Setup JRZ RS-PRO
Adjustable LCR Ford Performance s-550 PP
Steering Wheel Ford Performance GT 350
Battery Ballistic EVO 2
Sway Bars / Links Strano S550
Seats Sparco Evo2 Plus
Harness Sparco Cam Lock
Shifter MGW S550
Clutch / Pressure Plate Exedy Dual Disc
Wheels Forge Star 18 X 13
Tires Hoosier A7 335's
Front Brakes Brembo/Bear S550 2-piece
Rear Brake Rotor Bear S550 2 piece
Brake Lines SS S550
Front Splitter / Struts Ford Performance GT California
Rear Spoiler DDT / Adjustable Custom
Oil System Ford Performance GT350
Oil Pump Gears TSS Billet Steel
Timing Chain Tensioners MMR GT
WOT Box N2MB WOT
Tail Lights Raxiom GT Clear
Tune / N-gauge/HP Tuners CRT CRT

Steid6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
ESP build is dead and gone.

blew engine up (OPG) on the way to day 1 @ nats (after simmons put a bunch of time on everyone @ the finale in my car, on undersized and dying 315s - i was a few tenths up on eric and even with maier and his CP beast at the TnT on the fresh 335/12 setup fwiw - that's right, i'm the TnT champ in my mind, gotta take something from the experience, lol), and finally got sick of cam bolt toe/camber settings in the rear after i got the car back up and running a few months ago.

too bad, the car (especially on the JRZ setup vs. MCS) was dialed. fully invested in CAM now, and not looking back. have fun, no reason a well-driven and setup S550 wouldn't gap the field IMO. you and mark (stevens) will have fun battling if you go all the way on prep.
Wondering what your thoughts are on the OPG failure.
RPM, Power...etc. Running my car at 7800rpm but stock motor otherwise.

Interested in hearing from someone that it actually happened to.
Thanks.

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Wondering what your thoughts are on the OPG failure.
RPM, Power...etc. Running my car at 7800rpm but stock motor otherwise.

Interested in hearing from someone that it actually happened to.
Thanks.
i ran it to 7850 for a season (2015) on the stock IM with LTHs, a full exhaust and a lund tune, then bumped it up to 8250 when i put the GT350 IM and LU47 injectors on and went flexfuel. it stayed that way for another season (2016) before the OPG cratered (out of competition too, on a WOT pull @ 3000rpm in 2nd gear iirc - brutal).

IMO, the longer you keep the stock OPG in, the greater the chance it will fail - it's most likely a progressive condition, growing weaker with time and abuse. i missed that *SP 15.10.A permits any oil pump, so i felt even worse after the fact that i didn't swap in a billet steel OPG. unfortunately, there is no ST* equivalent that i'm aware of. i did put an aftermarket harmonic balancer on, but it was only a few months before failure - not sure if putting it on sooner would have extended the failure window. if i were you and committed to ST*, i'd use the 14.10.H allowance to swap on an ATI harmonic balancer and hope for the best, or dial back your limiter and swap in a 3.31FD (if it's gearing you're after - with the caveat that you'll be giving back some precious low RPM torque that we already have so little of). i know of others that have not had a failure running just as aggressive as me for as long or longer, so it's a gamble with the price of losing being a new engine. once you hear the horrible 0 oil pressure engine chime though, shut 'er down. i was able to salvage my heads without much work needed, and save enough of the block to make it a viable core for a future build.

you'll be up against my good friend ryan (otis) in his gen6 camaro - all i can say is good luck to you and the rest of the class! see ya in lincoln! :)
Sponsored