Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Has anyone run the new Continental 200 TW's? How do they compare to the falkens and Yok's? I can get a set in 315/30/19s for ~$1300, but haven't met anyone first hand running them yet.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Has anyone run the new Continental 200 TW's? How do they compare to the falkens and Yok's? I can get a set in 315/30/19s for ~$1300, but haven't met anyone first hand running them yet.
There was a guy locally (Houston) running them on his Vette. Seemed to like them. More of a track tire, though.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I figured I’d give a short CAMC update from up here at NER.

I was using moog endlinks on my BMR front swaybar and this resulted in side-loads that destroyed bushings. I have now installed BMR endlinks oriented properly so the loads are vertical. This was a huge improvement in vehicle stability.

I also installed rear subframe bushing inserts because the car never felt like the rear was completely attached.

As an aside, I also broke a rear CV joint and now have a GT350 driver’s side axle.

the car is now a bit pushy and incredibly confidence inspiring. Just give it one hard input and enjoy the traction circle.

I ended up 0.4 seconds from top pax yesterday even with a dumb mistake towards the end. Getting that close is for me completely unheard of.

Moral of the story: If you are spending all of your mental energy keeping the back of the car under control, you are probably losing.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
the car is now a bit pushy and incredibly confidence inspiring. Just give it one hard input and enjoy the traction circle.

I ended up 0.4 seconds from top pax yesterday
Who was it that always commented on the amount of oversteer in your vids? 😜

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
No kidding! He did a hell a good job keeping it pointed in the right direction, but I'd get more gray hair with every vid!

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Yesterday I ran an event where my car saw 26 runs, so I put on the RT660s for the day. All of the glorious confidence given to me last week was missing and I was again spending a lot of mental energy to keep the back of the car under control. I typically run a Strano rear bar on full soft with the Yokos, so I had no adjustment left for the RT660s. This morning I eBayed a base GT rear swaybar (21.7 mm) and will try it with the 660s the next time I use them to see if it pushes the handling in the right direction. It's really a shame the Yokos are on such a long back order. I placed an order for them April 8th.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Yesterday I ran an event where my car saw 26 runs, so I put on the RT660s for the day. All of the glorious confidence given to me last week was missing and I was again spending a lot of mental energy to keep the back of the car under control. I typically run a Strano rear bar on full soft with the Yokos, so I had no adjustment left for the RT660s. This morning I eBayed a base GT rear swaybar (21.7 mm) and will try it with the 660s the next time I use them to see if it pushes the handling in the right direction. It's really a shame the Yokos are on such a long back order. I placed an order for them April 8th.
Can always get Nankangs which have only marginally less longitudinal grip as Yokos

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, I run a 20mm bar off a base V6 car. one of these days, I'll get a 21.7mm bar to bounce back and forth. My car came with a 24mm RARB, which I feel was just too much.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
FWIW, I run a 20mm bar off a base V6 car. one of these days, I'll get a 21.7mm bar to bounce back and forth. My car came with a 24mm RARB, which I feel was just too much.
You can probably crush the end in a press and add a second stiffer hole with a drill. I’ve seen it done on a PP1 bar.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
There are other free tools to adjust a setup to improve that kind of problem like pressures, shock compression and rebound, alignment, & rake. Did you try any of those?

I haven't ran much at all this year but did an event Sat with tons of runs as well. I switched between a Steeda RSB to GT PP RSB at the lunch break and it wasn't that dramatic of a change for me. The car became less edgy and more fun to drive but I still had to be careful with the amount of throttle with either bar due to the level of grip from dead BFGs and a slippery asphalt lot.
Sponsored