BGunn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Eco Performance + 50th
Hi Guys,

I wanted to start a thread specifically for setup on the 15 Ecoboost mustangs for the SCCA STP class.

Here is my setup (I will update as changes are made)

2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3L + 50th Year edition + Performance package

Currently I have the following alignment settings:

Front Camber = -3.0
Front Cast = 7.5
Total Front Toe = -0.10

Rear Camber = -2.0
Total Rear Toe = 0.10

Front sway bar settings = Middle
Rear sway bar settings = Middle
Front shock settings (32 way damping) = Middle, 16 clicks up from soft
Rear shock settings (32 way damping) = 5 clicks up from soft

Wheels

Mustang GT Black Track Pack Wheel: Part Number M-1007-DC199B
o 19"x9" wide
o 5-lug, 4.5" bolt circle
o 42mm offset
o 6.8" backspacing
o o 33.00 lb (s)

Tires

255/40ZR-19 BFGoodrich g-Force Rival 3-Rib Tread Design XL

Exhaust

Magnaflow 19191 Ford Mustang 2.3L (Competition Series) Performance Exhaust System

Engine

Cobb AccessPort , Tuned by Adam Brunson at Tune+ www.adamtuned.com

1x Airaid Modular Intake Tube for 2015+ Ecoboost Mustang (450-930)

1x AEM DryFlow Drop In Filter for 2015+ Ecoboost Mustang (28-50029)

Suspension

ISC Coil Overs: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=1387&CategoryID=314&ModelID=40

Rear Sway Bar: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=1289&CategoryID=296&ModelID=40

Front Sway Bar: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=1394&CategoryID=296&ModelID=40

Dif Bushings: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-m...nsert-system-urethane-2015-ecoboost-555-4443/

Misc

Clutch Spring: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-clutch-spring-assist-35-lb-in-15-16-all-555-7022/

RedLine Tuning Hood QuickLIFT PLUS System

Wish List:

- Lighter Wheels and better tires *Advice needed
- Lighter Seats *Advice needed
- Racing Harness/Seat Belt
- Lighter Battery Battery: Thinking this Scorpion http://www.scorpionbattery.com/powersports-batteries/motorcycle/sstx12b-fp.html
- IRS Subframe Bushings http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-sub-frame-bushing-support-system-2015-555-4437/ (Need to find some non metal ones)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BGunn

BGunn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Obviously I have a lot of work to do to make it STP ready and I am trying to do this on a budget and just add as I go so any advice is much appreciated.

I am currently Looking for some wheel advice as I need lighter wheels and better tires.

Wheel and Tire rules for STP are:

285 tire
10.0 wheel

Ideally I would like to go with a 18 x 10.0 wheel on a 285 tire however I do not know if this will clear the large PP brakes. Looking for some ideas here.

I know I will go with the Bridgestone RE-17R Tires

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
Have you looked at the ST rules? You have a lot of stuff that is not legal in ST.

The IRS Alignment kit and bushing lockout kits are not legal. Neither is replacing the integral link.

I'd look at the rules VERY HARD before you make any other purchases.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Obviously I have a lot of work to do to make it STP ready and I am trying to do this on a budget and just add as I go so any advice is much appreciated.

I am currently Looking for some wheel advice as I need lighter wheels and better tires.

Wheel and Tire rules for STP are:

285 tire
10.0 wheel

Ideally I would like to go with a 18 x 10.0 wheel on a 285 tire however I do not know if this will clear the large PP brakes. Looking for some ideas here.

I know I will go with the Bridgestone RE-17R Tires
Wheel will clear the brakes - EB PP brakes are non-PP GT ones - non-PP GT comes with 18" wheels from factory.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Have you looked at the ST rules? You have a lot of stuff that is not legal in ST.

The IRS Alignment kit and bushing lockout kits are not legal. Neither is replacing the integral link.

I'd look at the rules VERY HARD before you make any other purchases.
Why would the IRS alignment kit be no-go? Subframe bushings are allowed, that is the IRS subframe bushing the part goes into and the part is Delrin. Seems to check all the allowed boxes to me.

Same story with diff bushing inserts...so long as they are poly or Delrin.

Agree though that much of the other stuff on the wishlist is not legal (toe links, vertical links, chassis bracing (I think).

Easy button for wheels in 19" is the MRR M350 in 19x10. For 18 there is an Apex wheel that many have used for trackday applications. At the moment the 18" 275/285 tire options seemed too short to me.

BGunn, ditch the Rivals you have ASAP. They unfortunately suck. I used them last year and don't think they were any better than the OEM Pirellis for autox.

Sponsored

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
I don't think the Ecoboost is legal for STP. V8's only at this point.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I don't think the Ecoboost is legal for STP. V8's only at this point.
On the Appendix A you can open on scca.com it does specifically list the 2015+ EB along with V-6/GT. It might not have been that way earlier this year but it is now.

OP
OP
BGunn

BGunn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
You guys were correct. I did have some things listed on my wish list that were not Street Touring legal (Removed from wish list)

I called Doug Gill from SCCA and verified things. The only item that I already purchased that is not technically legal even though Doug thought it was silly is the Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit. At least it wasn't too expensive :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
BGunn

BGunn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
utah eh - you planning on coming to packwood this summer? if you make it to the tour/pro, you'll run into a lot of us there :)
I just got started in the SCCA autocross scene last year but I am planning on building the car to go have fun at nationals. Maybe I will look into coming to the packwood this summer :)

I grew up watching my dad Rick Gunn race in SCCA and watched him go to Nationals in his Datsun 510 back in the 80's and take 2nd. Now my dad co-drives with me and my brother that drives a Honda CRX in STS. We are having a lot of fun.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just got started in the SCCA autocross scene last year but I am planning on building the car to go have fun at nationals. Maybe I will look into coming to the packwood this summer :)

I grew up watching my dad Rick Gunn race in SCCA and watched him go to Nationals in his Datsun 510 back in the 80's and take 2nd. Now my dad co-drives with me and my brother that drives a Honda CRX in STS. We are having a lot of fun.
Welcome to STP! Glad to see some more people try it out since it was looking like Conedodger and I were about the only ones around here.

As another PNWer hope to see you at Packwood. I'll be at the Tour then later Nats.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Welcome to STP! Glad to see some more people try it out since it was looking like Conedodger and I were about the only ones around here.

As another PNWer hope to see you at Packwood. I'll be at the Tour then later Nats.
ryan is tossing around the idea of prepping his camaro pre-nats for STP - so there may be another soon. regardless, he'll be prepping it this offseason - look for it to be classed in STP soon :)

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
ryan is tossing around the idea of prepping his camaro pre-nats for STP - so there may be another soon. regardless, he'll be prepping it this offseason - look for it to be classed in STP soon :)
He's asked me to write a letter in support of it. To be honest, I have no idea one way or the other if it would be a good idea or not. From what I've briefly looked at on national results I'm not seeing it be an outlier in FS so...probably not an outlier in STP either. :shrug: unless I'm missing something and could very well be.
Sponsored