OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
FYI for all you other guys considering this setup, and expecting to run the BFG Rival-S in a 315 - I just found out from Tire Rack yesterday that BFG has stopped production with no firm re-start date, so it could literally be many months, or never, before these things re-surface.
straight from the horse's mouth (i.e., BFG):
"Yes, there will be a 315 run before Nationals, but it will be very tight. Demand for that size has far out paced what our dealers forecast at the beginning of the year."

reading into that statement, if you *really* want a set of 315s this season, you'll most likely want to have a preorder into tirerack now (if it's not already too late), for a chance at tires in mid-late august.

and another interesting little tidbit (i asked about 19" sizes, which have been on the backburner for a few years):
"19" is still TBD, but until we can fill the demand for what we have now it will not be a high priority to add."
Sponsored

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am selling my STP-CAM-ESP parts......

I will make a for sale add, just figured I would mention it here 1st.

JRZ RS Pro double adjustable remote res coil overs Custom valved for proper spring rates

JRZ Camber plates

Forgestar 18x11 CF5 wheels

BMR front sway bar

(4) 315/30/18 Hoosier with 5 events on them

(2) 335/30/18 Hoosier brand new

Coyote 1 1/2" spacers

Coyote 1" spacers

Steeda CAI

JLT catch can

custom low profile front sway bar end links

BMR race springs

SCT X4 tuner with Lund tunes

Corbeau seat bracket with sliders.

(2) 315/30/18 BFG Rival S

Ford Racing Cat-back (maybe)

Curt Hitch

Tire Trailer

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
:cool: That's like a racing combo meal....yum

Too bad I already bought most of those parts (or equivalent).

Retiring early from racing?

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
:cool: That's like a racing combo meal....yum

Too bad I already bought most of those parts (or equivalent).

Retiring early from racing?
Probably not. Eric has AADD (automotive attention deficit disorder) ;)

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
had to troubleshoot an oil leak tonight; documenting here in case anybody else has the same issue.

used a can of brakekleen to clear out the massive amount of oil that had leaked onto the block, headers, exhaust, everywhere! started the engine up and isolated it as coming from the driver's side valve cover. started to take it off, and discovered that most of the bolts weren't even hand-tight (!)

after torquing them down on both sides to 11-14 spec of 89in-lbs, started it back up, no more oil leaking. another maintenance item to add to the list of living life @ 8k+, i guess! [MENTION=12865]DickR[/MENTION], maybe you could check the 15+ FSM to see what the spec is? i finally got around to ordering an FSM tonight (anticipating some serious teardown work), but it won't be here until next week.

Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
I am selling my STP-CAM-ESP parts......

I will make a for sale add, just figured I would mention it here 1st.

JRZ RS Pro double adjustable remote res coil overs Custom valved for proper spring rates

JRZ Camber plates

Forgestar 18x11 CF5 wheels

BMR front sway bar

(4) 315/30/18 Hoosier with 5 events on them

(2) 335/30/18 Hoosier brand new

Coyote 1 1/2" spacers

Coyote 1" spacers

Steeda CAI

JLT catch can

custom low profile front sway bar end links

BMR race springs

SCT X4 tuner with Lund tunes

Corbeau seat bracket with sliders.

(2) 315/30/18 BFG Rival S

Ford Racing Cat-back (maybe)

Curt Hitch

Tire Trailer

Can you pm me your needs for the jrz coilovers please?

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
i know this is the ESP thread but.. good lord, i never thought a set of 18x12 would look so small! (stack of 335s rival-s for scale - thanks, BFG!):

i'll post a similar 335 A7 and 18x12 stack in lincoln @ nats this sept once [MENTION=18243]Simmons-Racing[/MENTION] helps me complete a set :)
... also, 18x13 this offseason. because, why not?!

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
i know this is the ESP thread but.. good lord, i never thought a set of 18x12 would look so small! (stack of 335s rival-s for scale - thanks, BFG!):

27882590240_a488af762c_b.jpg

i'll post a similar 335 A7 and 18x12 stack in lincoln @ nats this sept once @Simmons-Racing helps me complete a set :)
Nice! What wheels and what offset? Spacers?

Sponsored

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3

i'll post a similar 335 A7 and 18x12 stack in lincoln @ nats this sept once [MENTION=18243]Simmons-Racing[/MENTION] helps me complete a set :)
Next up.....this
superpac-steamroller.jpg

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So 2 of the abs codes I had were for the right rear wheel sensor, plus some other codes.

So I checked it out tonight at work,.....The wires look perfect. But I grabbed the wheel, and was able to move it in and out a good amount. I put a socket on the axle nut and was able to get almost a full turn on it....WTF

It is tight now, and doesn't make any noise but I am sure that wasn't good for the bearing.
Damn, Eric.

I can see how varying the air gap that much would be outside anything the ABS module understands, so it just throws up its hands.

Maybe we should be checking the original hub nuts. Front and rear.

Norm
I might have a loose axle nut now too. Noticed my car wandering a lot on the run in to work and seemingly steering with the rear. When I stopped at work I felt play in the LR so will check into this more at lunch or before the trip home after work. No ABS codes, just wandering on level ground at cruise.

Edit: had a loose toe link at the knuckle. Tightened it and it drove good home.

Last edited:
OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
figured it's time to give this thread a bump, with the pro finale and nationals just around the corner.

i've been both contemplating and making a lot of changes in the past couple of months, which against the wisdom of just driving the car after july 1st and leaving things alone - the primary push behind changes being the horrendous issues i've been suffering through at the past few events. i've noticed that the rear shock bottoming, due in part to "soft" springs (for the S550 rear motion ratio), is increasing. here's a pic from my last event at packwood - which, while bumpy, has never given me issues on my even softer previous year setup:

this pic was taken *after* i had all four wheels in the air (due to rear shock bottoming and infinite spring after hitting a bump), but just *before* i put both framerails into the asphalt :(
i'm not sure what's going on, given that my rear shocks were revalved even stiffer in the offseason, but i'm starting to think that i may have boiled the shock fluid and/or introduced air into the system, due to the compromised internal double adjustable setup. there just isn't enough time before nats to get them refreshed and converted to remote reservoirs, so it'll be first on my list of things to do this offseason. luckily, my codriver [MENTION=18243]Simmons-Racing[/MENTION] still has JRZs laying around, so the intent is to bolt them on and see if the problems disappear. barring that, i picked up a VERY stiff set of bumpstops that will engage from static ride height - giving me the additional spring rate i so sorely need, albeit at the cost of 0.5" of shock travel.

no surprise, then, that is should note i needed to replace axles recently! the inner cv joints were bearing a lot of load under throttle and full bump, and starting making horrible noises on my daily commute. haven't taken the boots off to inspect, but i'd imagine the bearings were trying to worm their way out of the metal. already had spares, and ordered another set for lincoln "just in case".

on a more positive note, the BAP i installed is working as intended - no fuel starve w/ E85 >8k under cornering load and the fuel light on. so for those that were placing bets in favor of me going agricultural in lincoln a la crows landing, you might want to reconsider :)

good luck to everybody in lincoln, and don't be a stranger if you're lurking in this thread and see me on site! i'll be running with a few others in CAM @ the pro finale, and ESP @ nats. definitely have my work cut out chasing setup, but in the end, i'll drive my beast in anger, drink lots of beer, revel in the good times with friends both old and new, and worry about the details next year!

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
@boardkat , can you tell me what offsets those wheels are and if you needed any spacers and what size? Also, what springs you are running? Sick setup man... I assume running 335 wide makes that thing handle like no other!

Some more pics would be awesome too at different angles!
Sponsored