Sponsored

SCCA ESP Thread

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
i will make the 335s work :)
.. but yes i've got ample amounts of 315 scrubs and (2) sets of 18x12 now, so it's an option

with the availability of the western taxiway, there is much more pit/paddock space than the last time i was there in the fall without that access - when we were forced to paddock on the grass. not sure if that was the case for the events earlier this season too? as for the surface, i'd have no problems making this my "home" course vs. the alternative @ PIR :)
I've only run on that site twice and that has been this year with NWAA. They were only using the western taxiway up to the BPA trailer that sits there on the other side of the line across the taxiway. They were using the extra space for grid but I setup my pit as far out of the way as I could. So long as only a few people do that it is ok.
Sponsored

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does anyone make a driver's side catch can?

Simmons

Last edited:
OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
yep. first time it happened at packwood last summer, i thought i'd blown my engine - massive smokescreen. no oil in the intake though. at crows this spring, it blew right past the manifold and into the intake though, and i had a pool of oil in my grid spot, that had been leaking through my filter - THIS time, i *really* thought i'd done it, especially after spending a good amount of time at 8k+ out on course!

as you described, it's happening on big sustained-g right-handers. i think building something like this would alleviate the issue:

302S_breather.jpg

.. i've just had higher priority items to attend to this season. but it's on my list!

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
the journey to sub-3500 continues..

27606321515_857f858be9_b.jpg
Since you're looking at both side-by-side mind telling me if everything is cool dimension-wise with them and the rules? I just received mine but will not have time to even look at my car until next weekend. I got fronts too just like that :D

edit: btw, you have a r-side on the LR scale. That ain't gonna work, lol.

Sponsored

k757

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT V8
Does anyone else have problems with sucking oil up into thethe intake?

Last year at Pocono, there was a fast steady state left hand turn that caused the oil to be sucked up into the intake. So I bought a passenger side catch can.

Now I am back at Pocono again and I am having the same problem on the right hand turns....... It's even making a puddle in the steeda cold air intake.

Does anyone make a driver's side catch can?

Simmons
ugh. I'll be at Pocono on 7/9

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Since you're looking at both side-by-side mind telling me if everything is cool dimension-wise with them and the rules? I just received mine but will not have time to even look at my car until next weekend. I got fronts too just like that :D

edit: btw, you have a r-side on the LR scale. That ain't gonna work, lol.
i'd already put them on by the time i saw your msg, steve. the only thing that had me concerned about STP legality (when i was considering it a long while back) was the thickness of the vents on the 2pc AP Racing front rotors as it pertains to 14.6.A - can't say i looked closely enough on the baer set i just put out back though. to be honest, it'd be a helluva weenie protest IMO, but you know and i both know how those things go :thumbdown:

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Hey guys - what's the correct offset 18x11 CF5's to buy, in order to run 315's square?

And also looking for advice on whether I should run all same offset and use spacers on front (how thick spacer would I need?), for rotating purposes, or just get different offsets and not worry about rotating, or have tire shop remove and remount...

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hey guys - what's the correct offset 18x11 CF5's to buy, in order to run 315's square?

And also looking for advice on whether I should run all same offset and use spacers on front (how thick spacer would I need?), for rotating purposes, or just get different offsets and not worry about rotating, or have tire shop remove and remount...
In for this as well.

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

The ones that I have and Boardkat are 55mm offset all around. you have to run a spacer in the front.....either 1" or 1.5" depending on what struts you have.

I might be selling my 18x11's and 315 Hoosier A7's

Simmons

Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
The ones that I have and Boardkat are 55mm offset all around. you have to run a spacer in the front.....either 1" or 1.5" depending on what struts you have.

I might be selling my 18x11's and 315 Hoosier A7's

Simmons
Thanks [MENTION=18243]Simmons-Racing[/MENTION]!

FYI for all you other guys considering this setup, and expecting to run the BFG Rival-S in a 315 - I just found out from Tire Rack yesterday that BFG has stopped production with no firm re-start date, so it could literally be many months, or never, before these things re-surface. And there aren't any other really good options in the streetable performance 200TWish realm in this size. Falken 615 is closest, but very expensive, and seems to be older generation design not on par with today's best (like RE-71R). There are good track-only tires from Hoosier (R7 for track rats, A7 for autox), and the Toyo R888 is good on track but very marginal on the street.

So in light of this, I decided to pick up a set of the MRR M350 wheels, and am going with RE-71R square in 285 width. These will help me to pretend that I have a GT 350...

Apparently, Simmons, I want to be just like you when I grow up....I know this is what you started with on your car. :thumbsup:

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks [MENTION=18243]Simmons-Racing[/MENTION]!

FYI for all you other guys considering this setup, and expecting to run the BFG Rival-S in a 315 - I just found out from Tire Rack yesterday that BFG has stopped production with no firm re-start date, so it could literally be many months, or never, before these things re-surface. And there aren't any other really good options in the streetable performance 200TWish realm in this size. Falken 615 is closest, but very expensive, and seems to be older generation design not on par with today's best (like RE-71R). There are good track-only tires from Hoosier (R7 for track rats, A7 for autox), and the Toyo R888 is good on track but very marginal on the street.

So in light of this, I decided to pick up a set of the MRR M350 wheels, and am going with RE-71R square in 285 width. These will help me to pretend that I have a GT 350...

Apparently, Simmons, I want to be just like you when I grow up....I know this is what you started with on your car. :thumbsup:
LOL,.....they are good looking wheels.

So I should be able to sell my pair of 315 BFG's for good money:)

Simmons

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Yes! Collector items!
with the very high popularity of the larger BFGs across multiple motorsport disciplines, i *highly* doubt they would abandon the market. not to say that there will be any more availability this competition season of course, but this has happened many times before across the board for highly desirable tires, regardless of manufacturer. most of us at the pointy end keep an ample supply to hedge against supply issues - like simmons, i've got 6 sticker contingency tires waiting to be mounted in the garage at the moment! 2 of which are 315s that i won't be needing, now that i've gone 335 square - so if anybody wants a complete set, sounds like simmons and i should team up! :)

to be sure, however, i'll reach out to my BFG "man on the inside" to see what future supply plans are. stay tuned.
Sponsored