Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Yeah the Falkens felt amazing all weekend. Even messing around a bit on wet streets before the event they felt good. I thought I would still have A052 envy, but nope, these RT660s did everything I could ask.
@NighmareMoon what pressures have you ran on the Falkens ?
We've had a T&T today, I took them with no street driving at all (put maybe 10 miles to the site) and struggled on them (compared to BFGs which I hated) mightily. Didn't get to test full range of pressures I've wanted since it started to rain...

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
We've had a T&T today, I took them with no street driving at all (put maybe 10 miles to the site) and struggled on them (compared to BFGs which I hated) mightily. Didn't get to test full range of pressures I've wanted since it started to rain...
I’ve only run the Falkens at two events and no test n tune time yet, so I’m no expert yet. guessing they’ll want more than the RE71s did based on shoulder scrub. Been trying 33 rear and 34 front. Also just increased my front camber so that might be too high now? Not really sure.

Reactions: kz

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
I've heard they need about 50+ miles to come in.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
First event on the RT660s and MCS TT2s in the books!
I took the top time in CAM-C and 14th in pax. Field was pretty stacked with most of Chicago region's best in attendance. There were a couple spots I needed to trail deeper/more and stay tighter on but overall this was a good run. The RT660 are a great tire. Handling feel is very similar to the RE71R, but they put power down better and recover better from slides. The extra gearing height from the 295/35 size was very helpful on this course.

Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
cha-ching! The Vikings just not up to the task?
Yeah they're not bad but the MCS are on another level entirely in terms of handling, magnitude of change to adjustments, and overall ability to keep the tires on the ground. Even on my regular (and 3 y/o) street tires the increase in straight line and cornering grip was immediately apparent. On a significantly stiffer setup overall they even ride better.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yeah they're not bad but the MCS are on another level entirely in terms of handling, magnitude of change to adjustments, and overall ability to keep the tires on the ground. Even on my regular (and 3 y/o) street tires the increase in straight line and cornering grip was immediately apparent. On a significantly stiffer setup overall they even ride better.
Do you remember what spring rates and where you ended up with compression and rebound settings before you took the Vikings off? I'm still using mine:

550 lb fr, 1440 lb rA052Crusader AP doubles
fr comp3rear comp3
fr rebound8rear rebound12

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Do you remember what spring rates and where you ended up with compression and rebound settings before you took the Vikings off? I'm still using mine:

550 lb fr, 1440 lb rA052Crusader AP doubles
fr comp3rear comp3
fr rebound8rear rebound12
475 / 1200, Crusader GP doubles, BMR front bar on medium, stock PP rear bar
Front: 3C, 7R
Rear: 3C, 4R

I tried more rear rebound (around 8) but it made the car way too lively for me in slaloms, particularly in cool weather.

My main reasons for going away from the Vikings:
1. Large strut offset, while nice for big tire clearance, made it more or less impossible to run the Steeda extended ball joint lateral arms and get enough camber, even with Vorshlag plates. I would have been at -2.7-2.8 vs -3.2 deg
2. Rear shocks extremely noisy all the time

Also in a slightly less rational aspect, I was extremely close to selling the car and getting something else back in February, and I decided that after I was more happy with/enjoying the car again after replacing the clutch pedal, instead of spending $35-40k on another car, let's put some into this one and really make it the best it can be.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
475 / 1200, Crusader GP doubles, BMR front bar on medium, stock PP rear bar
Front: 3C, 7R
Rear: 3C, 4R

I tried more rear rebound (around 8) but it made the car way too lively for me in slaloms, particularly in cool weather.

My main reasons for going away from the Vikings:
1. Large strut offset, while nice for big tire clearance, made it more or less impossible to run the Steeda extended ball joint lateral arms and get enough camber, even with Vorshlag plates. I would have been at -2.7-2.8 vs -3.2 deg
2. Rear shocks extremely noisy all the time

Also in a slightly less rational aspect, I was extremely close to selling the car and getting something else back in February, and I decided that after I was more happy with/enjoying the car again after replacing the clutch pedal, instead of spending $35-40k on another car, let's put some into this one and really make it the best it can be.
The rear shocks are definitely noisy and the large strut offset makes it a challenge to package it, the sway bar and camber. I opened up the slots in mine for more camber but that pushes the body even more towards the front bar. This after opening up the upper strut tower hole to max out the top end adjustments.

I haven't had the liveliness in the rear yet but I'll bet that is because I still have a bunch of toe-in. Just have not had time or the place to work on that.

I really like the way these hold grip in the front on entry and how the rear hooks up on exit. Mid sweeper balance is very secure. I would like to find liveliness and suspect if I take out a bit of rear toe, I'll find it.

All that I've done compromise the car for duty on commutes or weekend drives so can understand the desire for other shock systems that keep that capability as well as killer autox performance.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
All that I've done compromise the car for duty on commutes or weekend drives so can understand the desire for other shock systems that keep that capability as well as killer autox performance.
How much rear toe are you running?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
.5" total measuring with Longacre plates.
For reference, that's a relatively high number for an Indycar on a street circuit. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it is not a common setting.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
For reference, that's a relatively high number for an Indycar on a street circuit. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it is not a common setting.
My alignment sheet says 0.10° in per side, which has felt good for a while.
Sponsored